Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 10:53:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with code text file format  (Read 3034 times)
stephanjd

« on: November 26, 2012, 01:14:24 AM »

Hello there, recently I finally got around to getting my wii to support GCN Wiird codes. I started searching for codes on geckocodes using the app downloaded from Homebrew Browser, but found out that there aren't nearly enough codes as there are out there. So, I started looking for codes and started to use GCNcrypt and GCN to WiiRD Codetype Converter to convert them to WiiRD. After that I used CodeMNGR and found that the text files loaded right(the files downloaded from the app). I started to add more codes to it and saved. When I used the app again to activate different codes, I couldn't open the file. So, I'm guessing the way that the text files are written for codeMNGR is different than AccioHacks. Is there a version of CodeMNGR for the wii that works with text files the same way as the PC version?or instructions on adding codes to the text file and being able to use them on accio hacks? I'd like to be able to change the codes without having to get on the computer every time. Thanks in advance.

Edit:Checking again, I think I posted this in the wrong area. If so, sorry about that, I'm not exactly sure where a post like this one would go.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 02:33:34 AM by stephanjd » Logged
biolizard89
Hacker

passport.10.biolizard89@spamgourmet.com biolizard89 biolizard89
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 08:52:48 AM »

Hello there, recently I finally got around to getting my wii to support GCN Wiird codes. I started searching for codes on geckocodes using the app downloaded from Homebrew Browser, but found out that there aren't nearly enough codes as there are out there. So, I started looking for codes and started to use GCNcrypt and GCN to WiiRD Codetype Converter to convert them to WiiRD. After that I used CodeMNGR and found that the text files loaded right(the files downloaded from the app). I started to add more codes to it and saved. When I used the app again to activate different codes, I couldn't open the file. So, I'm guessing the way that the text files are written for codeMNGR is different than AccioHacks. Is there a version of CodeMNGR for the wii that works with text files the same way as the PC version?or instructions on adding codes to the text file and being able to use them on accio hacks? I'd like to be able to change the codes without having to get on the computer every time. Thanks in advance.

Edit:Checking again, I think I posted this in the wrong area. If so, sorry about that, I'm not exactly sure where a post like this one would go.
What do you mean by "couldn't open the file"?  Did you get an error?  What happens when you attempt to open it?  Can you post a copy of the .txt file you have which doesn't work?
stephanjd

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 02:40:27 AM »

Well, any text file that I edit using code Manager doesn't seem to be working.
stephanjd

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 02:46:09 AM »

Biolizard89, you can try by just downloading a file with acciohacks and then opening it and adding more codes with code mngr. Accio hacks won't recognize the file anymore.
So what do I do? opt out from using accio hacks by placing the altered files elsewhere and use the computer to use the added codes? or is there another way?
biolizard89
Hacker

passport.10.biolizard89@spamgourmet.com biolizard89 biolizard89
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 09:55:42 AM »

Biolizard89, you can try by just downloading a file with acciohacks and then opening it and adding more codes with code mngr. Accio hacks won't recognize the file anymore.
So what do I do? opt out from using accio hacks by placing the altered files elsewhere and use the computer to use the added codes? or is there another way?

Please do the following:

• Download a file with Accio Hacks.  Do not do anything else with Accio Hacks.  Make a backup of this file.
  • Do the operations with the code manager which cause the problem.  Make a new backup of the resulting file.
  • Open it with Accio Hacks.  Write down EXACTLY what Accio Hacks says when you try to open it.  Make a new backup of the file.
  • Put all 3 .txt files in a .zip (so that text encoding is unchanged), and upload the .zip to MediaFire or whatever host you prefer.  Post the link to that .zip file here, along with the Accio Hacks error message.

Hopefully someone will be able to figure out what's getting messed up.  Also, I'm unfamiliar with CodeMNGR, can you post a link to some info about it?
stephanjd

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 05:55:36 AM »

Code Manager is an app for the pc that lets you add and edit codes. It lets you create the .gct files and sends it to the right folder automatically.
here are some videos. I guess it lost some some use after Accio Hacks was made. Still, I find it useful because it lets you add codes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrOaMmAF6SI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cMqIkkgKVY
stephanjd

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 07:39:01 AM »

So, any suggestions?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: