Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 07:52:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What do you love about the Wiird Gui. (not to be mistaken with the .net version)  (Voting closed: April 12, 2011, 03:33:43 AM)
Stability - 3 (15%)
Quantity of options - 3 (15%)
Usability/Workability - 2 (10%)
Design - 6 (30%)
Charisma - 1 (5%)
Emotional reason - 2 (10%)
Speed - 2 (10%)
Other - 0 (0%)
I don't love it at all - 1 (5%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiird GUI Poll: Loved Qualities  (Read 7853 times)
Patedj
Hacker

« on: March 12, 2011, 03:33:43 AM »

I was searching for addresses and so I decided to use wiird Gui instead of .net. For some reason, Gui seems to never crash on my searches. So here's a testimonial on GUI.  Afro

Thank you Gui for everything that you have done for us. Old friend you have took us to distances, allowed us to succeed where I never thought we could. Thank you Gui for all the hard work you've done for us and thank you for always being there for me to fall back onto.

P.S. Here's a chance for everyone to say they're piece.

You can pm me, I've got time for your troubles.
Sorzad12
Legendary Hacker

The Chosen one

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 05:11:00 AM »

I like(ed) wiird for its design and how you could convert from decimal to hex, but i like gecko.net mostly because its newer

Deathwolf
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 03:47:29 PM »

I still use WiiRd GUI. I wish WiiRd GUI could have a Multi-Poke  Undecided

lolz
The D3mon
Soul Eater
Hacker

Love playing games others don't.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 01:30:12 AM »

I would vote but .net version is the only thing I have used. As i can not get wiird to work with my computer. Put would like the pointer search function. As some of the codes I want to look at are pointers and not all that good with asm yet still knew to this.

hetoan2
Legendary Member

I hack WiFi, but I don't cheat on WiFi ;)

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 10:57:51 PM »

it does have multipoke

I don't dislike WiiRD GUI, it's just that geckoDotNET has many improvements. The only feature i like about wiiRD gui is the uploading (console) and the memory snapshot.

Check out my site with codes obviously...
http://hetoan2.com/

and youtube...
http://youtube.com/hetoan2
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 01:11:42 AM »

Since you said that Gecko.NET crashed for your searches (I'm still not sure how...), I'm going to chime in on the bugs in WiiRDGUI that drove me to pick up Gecko.NET where Link left off.  Am I the only person who ever noticed some of these?

1) Next Frame button occasionally goes forward two frames instead of one.  Makes it painful to find timers
2) If you search during a breakpoint, and set the same breakpoint after the search, the next breakpoint is fake
3) If you modify the disassembly without pausing, it usually doesn't take it
4) If you send codes to the game with any C2 codes more than once, some games will crash

it does have multipoke

I don't dislike WiiRD GUI, it's just that geckoDotNET has many improvements. The only feature i like about wiiRD gui is the uploading (console) and the memory snapshot.

I think someone (ZiT?) once told me that WiiRDGUI's multipoke doesn't actually work if you try it.

I believe Gecko.NET can upload using the context menu in Memory Viewer, although this was implemented by Link so I know very little about it.

For a memory snapshot, you can right click the grid and select "Copy All Cells" and then paste that text into any text editor.  Make multiple windows and you can tab through them to flip snapshots.

I would vote but .net version is the only thing I have used. As i can not get wiird to work with my computer. Put would like the pointer search function. As some of the codes I want to look at are pointers and not all that good with asm yet still knew to this.

Dr. Pepper has a better pointer search app.  It can simultaneously search MEM1 and MEM2, and it can use a third dump to speed up the process, and it's also faster.

http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,7159.0.html

I like(ed) wiird for its design and how you could convert from decimal to hex, but i like gecko.net mostly because its newer

Gecko.NET can also do decimal to hex, and hex to decimal.  It also does float to hex and hex to float.  Right-click the value to bring up the context menu that converts it.  In fact, as a general rule, try right clicking everything, because there's all kinds of cool stuff in the context menus.

Patedj
Hacker

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 06:37:04 AM »

Hey dcx2, I've noticed all of those too. I don't use wiird for anything else but to search. I do like the undo option on the wiirdgui, it even works if you close it and open again.
Concerning the .net, I must say I do like it too! It's just that when I search well, you know, sometimes it crashes.
I wouldn't be able to say which one I prefer, It would be like comparing red delicious apples with pink ladies (apples); they're both just so delicious and so darn good looking.

.net has many advantages over the wiirdgui, and so does the wiirdgui over .net. Oh, I like them both. shocked

Sorzad12
Legendary Hacker

The Chosen one

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 02:57:59 PM »

Gecko.NET can also do decimal to hex, and hex to decimal.  It also does float to hex and hex to float.  Right-click the value to bring up the context menu that converts it.  In fact, as a general rule, try right clicking everything, because there's all kinds of cool stuff in the context menus.

Realy i would of never noticed that if you didnt tell me, thanks. Cheesy

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 03:16:13 AM »

I've noticed all of those too. I don't use wiird for anything else but to search.

That's kinda sad, because there's a lot of cool stuff in the search tab, although it might be my fault for making too much without describing how to use things like the search history.  You like undo, right?  The number scrollers above the search column will let you scroll through *every* search you've made.  You can undo as many searches as you want, not just the last one.

Regarding the crashing thing...it never crashes for my searches, and if it was crashing for others, you're the first to say anything.  I did manage to get the log you gave me so I should be able to provide an update soon that fixes that issue for anyone who experiences it.

dcx2, why can't you just take the source or whatever from wiird and update it so it looks basically the same and update wiird to gecko dot nets perspective?

Many reasons.  First, I don't think kenobi ever gave the source for WiiRDGUI out.  Second, many of Gecko.NET's features rely on the .NET framework.  As but one small example, sorting and deleting search results are built into .NET.  I don't know what framework WiiRDGUI uses, and it might require rolling my own sorting/deleting code.  Third...why maintain two code bases?  It's hard enough to find time to develop one.

I'm not sure how Gecko.NET look so different?  Search tab is laid out pretty much the same (results on the right; poke underneath; search parameters on the left).  A few dropdowns instead of radio buttons to save space.  Memory Viewer, Breakpoint, Disassembly, Screenshot tabs...all pretty much the same.  There's no pointer tab, but Dr. Pepper's pointer search can make up for that.

If you have aesthetic suggestions, go ahead and make them.  wiiztec used Paint to mark up a screenshot to show how he would like some things on the breakpoint tab arranged.

Realy i would of never noticed that if you didnt tell me, thanks. Cheesy

Seriously...right click *everything*.  Addresses.  Values.  Search results.  Memory Viewer grid.  All the buttons on the Breakpoints tab.  The breakpoint conditions.  Disassembly listbox.  Because there's so little space, many features are hidden in the right click context menus.  I try to give them all shortcuts, too.

Patedj
Hacker

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 04:33:59 AM »

Too true dcx2, I love how I can search with .net. Compare old with new, go back to old, etc.

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 10:05:46 PM »

Sheesh, the way you say that makes it sound like I'm some sort of nazi.  LOVE MY (EDIT: AND LINK'S) PROGRAM OR I WILL BAN YOU!

huh

Patedj
Hacker

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 11:30:52 PM »

... dcx2 the nazi, doesn't sound right, it's more like dcx2 the knowledgeable. There's no point contradicting the all knowing isn't there. Everybody has their opinion of course but facts are facts.

Nutmeg
Hacker

That one guy's text you can't forget

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 05:05:19 AM »

I would heil dcx2! xDD

Is this topic comparing WiiRd to Gecko dotNET? (on the poll)  Because I'm not sure I would pick any of those options over gecko dotNET...  Still, I am gratefuly for WiiRd (I learned on WiiRd!  Cheesy)

I'm inbetween your legs... that's not awkward.
Patedj
Hacker

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 01:49:27 PM »

This poll is only a sign of gratefulness towards the gui. "We all love the gui". 

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 03:55:59 AM »

Be grateful toward the dev, not the app.

We should all thank kenobi and Link.  They blazed a trail with WiiRDGUI that was then paved into a four-lane highway with Gecko.NET.  I don't think Gecko.NET could have happened without WiiRDGUI happening first.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: