Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 08:08:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Video Tutorial: Intro to Wii Ram hacking  (Read 32999 times)
IAMASOMBODY

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 02:33:38 AM »

Wow, that is a long time, The time you spent putting it together seems to paid off. I like tutorial that is easy to fallow through and understandable, than a rushed up tutorial that is very difficult to understand. You have made sure that it is easy to follow through and understandable, by taking the time to make the tutorial. Kudos to you.
Foxx
Disgruntled

FoxxOTG FoxxOTG
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 02:32:25 AM »

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. Im glad the video tutorial has helped out. I was really concerned that it wouldnt. Hopefully sometime, maybe someday (when WiiRD and Gecko OS becomes a little more final) I can do some more.
Power Marshall
Are you Ready?
Hacker

Wii Hacker- Power...

Email
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2008, 09:11:00 PM »

I would like that, Foxx...
We all would! Cheesy

-Power Marshall

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZER!!!

Wanna level up my BrawlCard?
Click here!

Info:
Brawl FC: 4940-5114-6951 (pm me if you add me! Cheesy)
Wii #:
YouTube- youtube.com/pow
hetoan2
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2008, 09:25:23 PM »

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. Im glad the video tutorial has helped out. I was really concerned that it wouldnt. Hopefully sometime, maybe someday (when WiiRD and Gecko OS becomes a little more final) I can do some more.
yea you're really good with explaining stuffs in general
Deep20

OMG NO WAI!

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 02:09:04 AM »

Hey nice tut foxx i just watched through the whole thing and i like it, good tut. Maybe you can make a tut now on how to search for unknown values? I think alot of people here on the usb gecko forums would like to know how to search for unknown values. I can't wait until i get the money to get a USB Gecko!

Check out my youtube channel! Click!]http://youtube.com/deep40000]Click!
REDSOXROX
Sum Miles Christi
Hacker

RSR

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2008, 03:01:02 AM »

Well, if you want suggestions, I'd like an explanation of how to make...dun dun dun...ASM codes Tongue

Red Sox vs. Yankees 4/4/2k10 Season Opener
Red Sox: 9 Yankees: 7 Final!
hetoan2
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2008, 09:16:59 PM »

Well, if you want suggestions, I'd like an explanation of how to make...dun dun dun...ASM codes Tongue
wouldn't we all... :|
Black_Wolf
Former PSP Hacker
Hacker

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2008, 10:06:09 AM »

lol I'll give a little run down of what I know about asm so far if it helps... certainly not as god as what foxx could do, but this is the general idea.

Basically you need to first get the area you want to hack generally, so say if your doing something with health, find your health the normal way, and set a breakpoint on its address, then get hit.

Should spit out a result, now you're going to need some understanding of asm, or even just a reference, use google I guess. Have a little look around and figure out what you're doing, and what you want to do with the code. Simply inject with a hook (the address the breakpoint spat out usually) , then use Link's asm code maker, to write the asm that you want, and it will spit out the code for you. Explaining asm is a little hard to do in a little step, but you definately need to read up on the actual language. With it you can do codes like FLIGHT like this

Find the controller address (or if you're good with code types I guess you could use the wiird controller address, i'm not sure how to incorperate this into you asm though)
Check if the controller address == the button you want to fly up
If its not, jump to the end of the asm, and exit
If it IS add 0x0010 to the Z co-ordinates

Something like this is fairly easy if you just equip yourself with a reference, and a clear idea of what you want to do in your head. But definately get the app Link made, it makes the asm code type a lot easier because you don't have to look at the hex for every command, it just does all the work for you Wink

hetoan2
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2008, 10:29:18 AM »

Black_Wolf you should consider doing some video tutorials *hint hint* it would save Foxx a lot of time and i'm sure he'd appreciate it Wink
Black_Wolf
Former PSP Hacker
Hacker

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2008, 08:29:29 PM »

lmao I can't say I'm too confident with the camera... but at the very least I'll write a guide on it if thats what people want, lol i'll put some thought into it, at the moment I'm still in the middle of writing a huge guide for the psp scene, including MIPS asm subroutines, so changing back to regular is going to confuse me lol

hetoan2
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2008, 08:40:33 PM »

lmao I can't say I'm too confident with the camera... but at the very least I'll write a guide on it if thats what people want, lol i'll put some thought into it, at the moment I'm still in the middle of writing a huge guide for the psp scene, including MIPS asm subroutines, so changing back to regular is going to confuse me lol
it's fine if it's not videos it will at least help some of the people that want to hack better

plus it will give me a place to send all the people who ask for a guide Cheesy
REDSOXROX
Sum Miles Christi
Hacker

RSR

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2008, 08:42:54 PM »

it's fine if it's not videos it will at least help some of the people that want to hack better

plus it will give me a place to send all the people who ask for a guide Cheesy
yes yes yes please, I'd almost think that a written one would be awemost as good as a vid...

Red Sox vs. Yankees 4/4/2k10 Season Opener
Red Sox: 9 Yankees: 7 Final!
Black_Wolf
Former PSP Hacker
Hacker

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 09:18:54 PM »

wow ok I'll definately put it on my to do list then!

adr990

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2008, 09:24:48 AM »

Thanks Foxx!
Really awesome tutorial! Thanks!
If you have time and feel like to make a another one... you should do! Cheesy

Thanks!

Adr990

---
Me 6  Tongue

~I'm not responsible for any damage any of my cheats will be caused to you or your console~ (In fact nobody is, but you.)
Darklinkx411

darnelljr411 omgitsdarnell
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2008, 06:32:42 PM »

this waz the best tutorial video i ever seen Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: