Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 03:05:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 52
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko dotNET Bugs and Requests  (Read 120205 times)
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #585 on: August 08, 2011, 10:17:38 PM »

There's an addi counting something, and that count is used to determine whether to take the branch or not.  Perhaps if you patch that branch in the middle of the count, something gets messed up.

You said the poked hack works, and then later after doing pause/send cheats/poked hack/unpause you say it doesn't work.  I don't know what to make of it.  Try the breakpoint stuff I suggested a few posts back.

Other things to try.

1) Set a breakpoint on the instruction just before the 04 code's target.  i.e. 801E8B24
2) While at the breakpoint, send cheats.
3) While still at the breakpoint go to disasm tab and see if the target was changed

You can also try the same thing, but instead set the breakpoint on the blr (801E8BD8) instead of the instruction before the target address.

EDIT:

Gecko.NET will throw exceptions if the game crashes in a way that the debugger can't handle.  The exceptions are Gecko.NET saying it lost communication with the game.

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #586 on: August 09, 2011, 10:20:03 AM »

- paste context menu on search tab does not paste stuff (it does nothing)
- selecting multiple address and pressing "gct wizard" to add them all to a specific code does only add one of them to the list (one, where I rightclicked at)
- can´t input values that have more digits than selected bits amount, for instance, if I want to have dec 100 as 8bit search, I can´t write it into the box and convert to hex (64). Since the dec amount is 3 digits and the hex amount only 2, it does not allow me to convert using gecko.net.
Same for 9 digit dec that I want to search with 32bit. I know that I can use the calculator instead, but oh well it´s extra efford.
Btw. the 04 freeze issue seemed to be a problem with my computer, it was fixed after restarting it ._.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:26:35 AM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...
http://bullywiihacks.com/

My youtube account with a lot of hacking videos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/BullyWiiPlaza

~Bully
Stuff
Hacker

0x80000000 = -0

« Reply #587 on: August 09, 2011, 07:26:34 PM »

Yeah the paste from the context menu is bootleg like I said before. Can it just do the same paste that ctrl+v does? it really is a different function. Lets say the address box it at 80C55470 and I have some 0214CCFE 00008768 and I want to see what's going on in 8014CCFE. I would copy 14CCFE from anywhere highlight C55470 and expect to get 8014CCFE when I paste. But that only happens when I ctrl+v. If I right click and paste, it overwrites the entire textbox. so I get 14CCFE in a red box that I can't update to because it's an incomplete address. The "convert to"s from the context menu don't work for me either. I think that's just me though cuz Bully seems to be using them....

The load search problem I was able to find a good "when it happens". It gives me an exception error if I load with no previous search, probably because it's trying to fill in rows that don't exist. It gets stuck at "Loading columns..." and then I get exception error, quit/continue. If I do a real quick search for anything and cancel or whatever just to have a few boxes, then my searches work properly. I'll try to see what happens if I load a search with more results than the current results.

...it randomly disconnects?

When you experience a random disconnection, close Gecko.NET, go look in the ./Logs/ folder for a file called GDNDebug [date/time].log.  This is a record of all the exceptions that have been caught.  See if there's an exception that correlates with your random disconnect.  All entries in the log are date/timestamped as well, so if you do it immediately after the random event it should be the last thing in the log with a very recent timestamp.
Yeah. I found this and then this browsing through some threads. Not for a solution to this. It was just there. It sounds a lot like strakn's problem. I bought a usb gecko SE like him. It was like that at first with the difficulty connecting, but then that fixed like my pc started geting along with the gecko. Now it just disconnects out of nowhere, sometimes it feels like a "inactive so I'll d/c" function, but sometimes I'm actively searching and then everything turns to 00s and I'm greeted with that "USB gecko not found" dialog box. And the solution would be to disconnect and reconnect it and THEN "click connect to gecko". It's tolerable but it does get very annoying sometimes. I don't think I had these disconnects with wiird, though. I'll try with wiird and I'll also look for that log and post it here.

Another weird issue that I think might just be monster hunter...I'm scared of loading with the gecko connected. If the game has to load anything, quest, city, area, just about anything that makes that "now Loading" pop up, if the gecko is connected the game just freezes. Sometimes it doesn't, but it freezes more often than not. And there's nothing gecko.net can do to save it. I have to disconnect the gecko before I go do any kind of loading. I haven't tried to hack any other games, so it might just be a MH3 thing...

.make Stuff happen.
Dropbox. If you don't have one, get it NOW! +250MB free if you follow my link tongue.

Mod code Generator ~50% complete but very usable:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24514984/modcodes/modcodes.htm
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #588 on: August 09, 2011, 07:37:37 PM »

re: paste, I'll look into this.

re: convert to's...that's odd, they should be working.  I fixed the ASCII conversions.  Can you give an example conversion?

re: load search problem, I'll take a look at this.

re: random disconnects...the only thing I can think of is that your USB cord is flakey.  =(

re: "now loading"...that's quite weird.  I can't explain it.

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #589 on: August 09, 2011, 08:23:57 PM »

re: paste, I'll look into this.

re: convert to's...that's odd, they should be working.  I fixed the ASCII conversions.  Can you give an example conversion?

re: load search problem, I'll take a look at this.

re: random disconnects...the only thing I can think of is that your USB cord is flakey.  =(

re: "now loading"...that's quite weird.  I can't explain it.

re: "now loading" remember dcx2?
One of the previous gecko.net versions had this loading bug I also experienced (froze the game)
I guess it was the one where you included the tx patches.
It´s fixed now, I think.

Not all of these conversions work fine. The hex to float function is swapped with the float to hex function I can remember.
I´m not quite sure, but the ascii search in memory viewer didn´t find results last time I tried.
It´s probably because the memory viewer got messed up in one built?

The gct tab caculations take up to 5 seconds when the codeslist is huge :/
are they really needed? it´s extra waiting time Lips Sealed

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #590 on: August 09, 2011, 08:29:53 PM »

Not sure about this 'now loading' thing.  If you aren't doing anything in Gecko.NET it shouldn't cause problems...

I'll double check the conversion functions but I thought they worked.  I remember using them.  Perhaps you're thinking of them backwards?  What you have in the box comes first, what you want from the box comes last.  3F800000 -> hex to float -> 1.0

Pretty sure ASCII memview search works.  If you can give me an example on some game I have that would be best.

The GCT tab slow down should only happen the first time a new wgc is loaded.  It shouldn't take a long time after that.  I might look into finding some way to speed it up, but the other things are more important.

Stuff
Hacker

0x80000000 = -0

« Reply #591 on: August 09, 2011, 08:40:19 PM »

2)The conversions are working now that I want to reproduce the bug >.>. Forget it. I'll post when it doesn't work again. It usually does nothing when I want to use it.

3)it only happens if the are no results. It works fine if you have 13 results and load a search with 800 results. If you restart search is included in the when it happens. If I continue after the exception error, this happens to the results:
Spoiler for Hiden:
You can actually go into memview and still see the right address. But that doesn't mean that bootlegness is ok. lol

4)I'll try the wire I use for my ps3 controller. But the usb gecko is still fairly new and the it's been like that since it was out of the box(I don't remember if it came in a box though. I'm just saying). I would've blamed the extension cord I bought and the front usb hub. I know the front hub is a little messed up. It's old and it gets everything plugged in and out of it so tapping whatever is connected to it is enough to disconnect and reconnect it. But I've put it in the back ports where I usually have my speakers 3TB and nothing. I moved the wii to the computer to use only the wire that it came with in those ports. And it still happens. But I'll try a different wire....Still waiting on a d/c. Should the light on the gecko always be one when it's connected? I only notice it on sometimes. That might indicate some kind of lack of power or unstable connection or something. Then it would definitely not be gecko.net.

Spoiler for log:
8/9/2011 4:44:39 PM: Opened log
4:44:39 PM: Exception occured!
Exception: FTDIUSBGecko.EUSBGeckoException
FTDICommandSendError
Message: Exception of type 'FTDIUSBGecko.EUSBGeckoException' was thrown.
Stack Trace:
   at FTDIUSBGecko.USBGecko.sendfail(EUSBErrorCode error)
   at FTDIUSBGecko.USBGecko.Dump(UInt32 startdump, UInt32 enddump, Stream[] saveStream, Dump memdump)
   at FTDIUSBGecko.USBGecko.Dump(Dump dump)
   at FTDIUSBGecko.USBGecko.Dump(UInt32 startdump, UInt32 enddump, Stream saveStream)
   at GeckoApp.MemoryViewer.RedirectableDump(UInt32 startAddress, UInt32 endAddress, Stream dumpStream)
Inner Exception:
The light did turn off. It's probably the wire.

5)I think it has to do with auto-update. I always have that on. But while it's on, I notice the game slows down a bit, so maybe auto-update causes the game to freeze when it goes into loading because it's loading too slow? There wouldn't be much you can do then... I'll try unchecking auto update when I load instead of disconnecting.It didn't freeze with auto update off. It's most likely that auto update causes some lag or something. idk. Make it send only the visible addresses since you can't really see more addresses when you expand anyway.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:51:38 PM by Stuff » Logged

.make Stuff happen.
Dropbox. If you don't have one, get it NOW! +250MB free if you follow my link tongue.

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #592 on: August 09, 2011, 08:50:34 PM »

3) err....AJ is not a valid search value.  The search value must always be in hex.

You say it happens when there are no results.  Does that mean if you load Gecko.NET and immediately try to load a search it fails?  Or do you have to do a search which returns no results?  When you get no results, a dialog automatically pops up asking if you want to undo...what do you say?

4) The cord is just a stab in the dark.  If you hear Windows ding like you just disconnected and connected something to USB, it makes me think it's the cord.  I don't use a USB Gecko SE, so I'm not sure what the LED is supposed to do.

5) auto-update will constantly stream data from the Wii.  It's like spam-clicking the Update button.  The game will slow down because it's pushing so much data out of the USB Gecko.  I would definitely turn auto-update on only when you're interested in seeing values change in real-time.

Stuff
Hacker

0x80000000 = -0

« Reply #593 on: August 09, 2011, 09:02:13 PM »

3)Yeah. If you load gecko.net and load a search, it fails. If you restart search and load a search it fails. To load a search, there just has to be results on that window. I'll undo a 0 result search now. The AJ was just there cuz I was looking at what Bully was saying about not being about to put more than X digits in the box to convert them to hex or whatever. And then I got sidetracked and wondered what would happen if I did a ascii search. It would've be awesome if it found AJ. The results of that search was everything that was 000A, in case you wanted to know.

If you successfully load a search and try to load a search, it successfully loads. If you undo you a search you can load a search. If you click no and load a search it fails. If start a new search for STUF and can't find it, you can't undo so loading a search is gonna fail. A new bug. If you load a search and refine, get no results and try to say yes to undo, you can't undo.

4)hmm. I always have my speakers off. XD. I'll turn them on to see if it does the disconnect sound.

5)Yeah but sometimes I want to see what's going on during loading. You can see things happening in addresses you normally use for certain stats while it's loading.

Look at the last post, I was trying to edit it before anyone responded.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:12:31 PM by Stuff » Logged

.make Stuff happen.

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #594 on: August 09, 2011, 09:10:50 PM »

3) Finding all 000A's is what I would expect it to do.  It strips out illegal characters before searching.

5) Yeah, it is nice to see what's happening during a load.  I haven't seen it happen anywhere myself, though.  At least you figured out what was causing it, though

Stuff
Hacker

0x80000000 = -0

« Reply #595 on: August 09, 2011, 09:18:45 PM »

lol. Again I edited my post too late.

5)Yeah I guess it's good to know I don't have to disconnect, but it's still inconvenient. Especially if your not even in the memview tab. Make an option to uncheck auto update if your not in the memview tab. And another to auto-check it when you switch to it.

.make Stuff happen.

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #596 on: August 09, 2011, 09:22:27 PM »

3) Thanks for all the effort you put into finding a pattern to reproduce the behavior.  It is invaluable for me.

5) I agree it's inconvenient, but without a way to reproduce this behavior, there's not much I can do.  However, I'm surprised that it's still pulling auto-updates even when you aren't in the MemView tab.  It should be pretty easy to make auto-update only pull data when you're in MemView.

Stuff
Hacker

0x80000000 = -0

« Reply #597 on: August 10, 2011, 04:58:52 AM »

3) Anytime. You've been very helpful since I got my gecko. The least I can do is find bugs for you to fix. >.>

.make Stuff happen.

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #598 on: August 10, 2011, 10:38:04 AM »

5) I agree it's inconvenient, but without a way to reproduce this behavior, there's not much I can do.  However, I'm surprised that it's still pulling auto-updates even when you aren't in the MemView tab.  It should be pretty easy to make auto-update only pull data when you're in MemView.
yeah it does, but it doesn´t always switch, when auto-update is checked.
It also slows down the applications´ buttons around it.
On WiiRd you could not switch tabs while it´s ticked.

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #599 on: August 10, 2011, 02:35:00 PM »

I think I know what you mean...the first click after enabling auto-update is lost.  I'm not sure why.  Anyway, I'll still make it so auto-update "goes to sleep" when you leave that tab.

I'm also considering something that might allow you to do things like memdumps while waiting for breakpoints, and perhaps even auto-switching to the BP tab when a breakpoint happens.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: