Codes
WiiRd forum
March 29, 2024, 01:10:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko dotNET Bugs and Requests  (Read 120230 times)
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #240 on: September 03, 2010, 05:47:49 AM »

Bully:

In the future...

1) please make a new post instead of editing.  I don't get notification emails for post edits.  So I missed this until now.

2) when providing a bug report, if you get an exception window, please copy the stack trace into a spoiler in your post.

3) when providing a bug report, please give as many details as possible.  It is impossible to give me too many details.  More often, I do not get enough details.

A very important detail would have been what instruction you were trying to assemble.  It had a problem with instructions that were less than 8 characters, because the diassembly history automatically parses the stored address out.  Fortunately, I stumbled onto this, but it would have been really helpful to know what instruction was causing you to crash.

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #241 on: September 04, 2010, 03:22:43 PM »

It was stw and I replaced it with nop.
But unfortunatelly, geckodotnet crashed because of this action.
Every previous version worked Sad Maybe you messed it up because of the asembly history or anthing like that.

Else bugs:
- If I copy a code into the gct codes tab and move the code up or down before saving it, the numbers in the code are gone
(I need to recopy it to there again!)
- If the inserted code is invalid, geckodotnet deletes the whole code, but it shouldn´t do this. Then I could edit it, without writing it again!
- Another issue is that the ascii unicode search never finds results when searching for a text like: Mario
I am sure that it´s in the RAM, WiiRD does find it every time, but geckodotnet not!
I selected ascii unicode Search Mode and inserted e.g. "Mario" and also used display Ascii Unicode Mode, from the Memory Viewer.
If I did anything wrong, tell me please, how to search correctly. This feature is important for some funny stuff... Shocked
The text is in unicode and I want to use the ascii search... if this helps you to describe how to do it well with geckodotnet Wink

- Request: Right click an adress and press "go to gct codes" and geckodotnet saves the line into the clipboard and changes to gct codes tab, then you can paste it to the code you want... before it always made a New Code with only this line. GCT Wizard sometimes adds just 00000000 00000000 as your code (when you rightclick from the search tab or memory viewer, I don´t know atm, but one of them for sure), that´s why I am requesting this Grin
- Request: Bigger numbers in the memory viewer would be cool Huh?

Thanks for appreciating it!! Smileyface
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:26:04 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...
http://bullywiihacks.com/

My youtube account with a lot of hacking videos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/BullyWiiPlaza

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #242 on: September 04, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »

You're a little late regarding assembler crash.  It's already been fixed.  Check the release thread.

I'll look into the other issues.  Particularly the disappearing GCT codes...that's always my first priority to fix.

I'll check the search thing.  Note that ASCII and Unicode are two COMPLETELY different things.  ASCII/ANSI is 8 bits per letter, and Unicode is 16 bits.  For instance, Mario in ASCII/ANSI is 4D6172696F, but in Unicode it is 004D006100720069006F.

I may add a configuration file that you can go to in order to change the font of the Memory Viewer, so you can make bigger text if you want etc.

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #243 on: September 05, 2010, 12:46:54 AM »

You're a little late regarding assembler crash.  It's already been fixed.  Check the release thread.
Yes I noticed that,too after I posted the post.
Ok I look if it works like you said...
another thing:

when I delete the search value in the search tab, it is blank, obviously.
When doing an unknown value serach, this tab goes grey (also normal)
but if I hit the search button, it says: Search Value invalid
I even don´t try to search for a known value, do you get it?
It´s a pointless bug to fix, anyway, just to let you know tongue
With every else number in the box, it works.

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2010, 07:43:16 PM »

Thx for fixing the "Bully bugs" dcx2 Cheesy
you could include an auto update function for the geckodotnet test versions...
but how to do this is by you Smileyface

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
spunit262
Zebenies Space Pirate
Hacker

« Reply #245 on: September 09, 2010, 09:31:10 PM »

For some reason only the first 4 letters are showing in the memory viewer. Does any one know how to fix this?

Not active but may still sporadically make codes.
(ooo)
`´
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #246 on: September 09, 2010, 09:34:53 PM »

Weird...are you using Windows 7 or something?  Did you change your system fonts?

The problem is that the DataGridView cell is not wide enough to show all 8 digits, and so it uses an ellipsis (the ...) to indicate there's more data than can be displayed.

This is very weird behavior.  I'll look into it when I get some time.  There's probably a setting that allows the columns to be resized.

BTW, thanks for the screenshot.

Link
that dev there

I hate everyone in this community. Except for you!

« Reply #247 on: September 10, 2010, 03:53:57 AM »

Weird...are you using Windows 7 or something?  Did you change your system fonts?

The problem is that the DataGridView cell is not wide enough to show all 8 digits, and so it uses an ellipsis (the ...) to indicate there's more data than can be displayed.

This is very weird behavior.  I'll look into it when I get some time.  There's probably a setting that allows the columns to be resized.

BTW, thanks for the screenshot.

Juding the Window border it looks like a skinned XP or so. I personally use Windows 7, I actually did all development of Gecko dotNET on Windows 7 - the main reason I decided to start the project basically WAS because WiiRd - while working fine in XP - had major stability troubles in Windows 7 for me.

hawkeye2777
Hacker

« Reply #248 on: September 10, 2010, 04:43:43 AM »

That is the Royale theme for XP if I'm not mistaken.

Currently "retired" from hacking codes.
Dude

« Reply #249 on: September 10, 2010, 08:53:15 AM »

This is the Royale theme, I use that myself on my XP Machines lol

I think dcx2 is right - it could be new fonts.  When you install the Royale XP theme it also installs a few additional fonts.
I can't remember if the cells are resizable...but increasing the cell width should fix that.  Just click the line between the top most cells and drag to a new size.

@dcx2
I think you can prevent any further problems like this by making your gridview use a specific font, not the system selected font.
This might mean having to include that font into your binary when compiled, just incase somebody doesn't have that font.
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #250 on: September 11, 2010, 08:16:25 PM »

The only time that message will appear is if there are no addresses in the Multi Poke list.  To view the Multi Poke list, double-click the Poke Address text box; (it uses the history function of the address text box)

You must ALSO make sure that the Poke address text box says "MP" or you won't get Multi Poke.

Finally, selecting search results and then using the Poke box isn't going to work.  You have to select them, then right click and select Poke to add them to the list.  If you select new results and select Poke again, it will clear the previous list and add only the new results to the Multi Poke list.  EDIT: you can also manually add entries to the Multi Poke list by using regular Address History functions.

Finally, don't forget that you can copy/paste entries to/from the Poke address text box history.

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #251 on: September 11, 2010, 10:31:19 PM »

It's actually the same amount of work as it was before (select search results, right click, poke; everything is automatically filled in for you).

But before, you couldn't change the multi-poke select list.  You couldn't even *look* at it to see what was being poked, let alone making arbitrary entries or copying/pasting lists of addresses

wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #252 on: September 12, 2010, 12:34:39 AM »

The pointer tab works extremely simple.. Basically it opens the two dumps provided as a FileStream and runs through them.. which is also the cause why it's so slow. It literally goes like:

read 80000000 -> check if pointer (meaning if it is a possible address) on both dumps--> no.. go ahead
80000004 -> check if pointer on both dumps -> no
80434458 -> check if pointer on both dumps -> yes
---> now if you do not do a pointer in pointer seach (double pointer would be the easy word) it basically compares the addresses the pointer is pointing to.. if the offset to the target address is identical for both pointers and the offset is within the given limits (normally 0 to 8000) then it is accepted as a possible pointer.

A regular pointer search is nearly instantaneous for me so I don't get why everyone says it takes forever. I even change the max offsets to 00FFFFFF (I don't get why they're defaulted to the less inclusive 00008000)

Additionally I want my application to be able to search the 80 and 90 area at the same time - there were cases already when people tried searching pointers and failed because an address in MEM1 pointed to the required address in MEM2 - as the current search cannot handle cross pointers that is certainly something I want to fix!+

I remember one time that I couldn't find a MEM2 pointer within the safe memory range so I tried using MEM1 dumps with the MEM2 addresses and it worked

If there's any code at all that you want to be button activated, or even able to toggle on & off, and I have the game, just PM me and I'll make it happen
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2010, 03:43:22 AM »

Can you please fix the "No multi poke data available"?

It only works when I select a small ammount, but when I choose like 20 addresses it says that msg.

Actually, the problem was that the multi-poke address history wouldn't accept any addresses if the current value wasn't a valid address.  This was protection designed into the address text box class.  So, if it was blank or MP, it would not load any addresses.  A really stupid copy/paste bug when I was creating the class months ago, that apparently didn't display any erratic behavior until I tried to add the Serial Poke which would use the address history.  *dies*

But it's fixed now.  *resurrected!*

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #254 on: September 16, 2010, 09:03:10 PM »

And again, requests, I still have some thoughts for improvements... Cheesy

- No "Should a game be automatically loaded" message when starting gecko os, because it won´t do it ANYWAY, if you press "yes!"
Maybe trying to do that by using some of WiiRDs source code... Huh?
- No repeated message " Connection to the gecko has failed" if you just didn´t boot up a game in the same minute, while you are still connected
- Disassembly search should search till it finds what you wanted to search and no "couldn´t be found, want to continue searching?" message. The abililty there to select to search above or after the adress is very nice/useful Wink
- Often, if I press "next frame" it doesn´t go further, only if I press it multiple times, maybe you could do something there?
WiiRD made bigger "leaps" which were more useful generally. Grin
- Feature to download the codes from geckocodes.org for the given game ID to the gct codes tab, when wished (it´s cooler not to copy in all the codes Tongue)
- Hex to Ascii converter and a calculator in the gui, ready to use! (Same as decimal to hex and so on!)
You guys already made the notepat feature, which is a great idea! Why not more of this hacking related useful stuff? Smileyface
- A function to check automatically for new geckodotnet test or release versions at startup of the program...

Greets Bully Grin
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:08:30 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: