Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 03:19:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko dotNET Bugs and Requests  (Read 120208 times)
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2010, 12:03:45 AM »

I think the problem you're having with the table showing too many rows is related to wiiztec's search results that aren't deleted.  I think I actually found that bug while making SMG2 codes.

re: LR in BP cond list, it's there.  Oddly, LR is listed between the normal and float registers.

adam5366
Toast

« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2010, 11:03:12 AM »

It would be good if there was a simple search for the FST in Gecko.net

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

Gamertag: James0x57

« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2010, 08:17:32 AM »

If USB Gecko becomes disconnected, auto update in mem view should be turned off by the program.

This game an hero'd because I created an inf loop *twirls finger in air*. Gecko dotNet then went to its own happy infinite loop of telling me the USB Gecko was disconnected, via the popup.

=)

wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »

That's new to you?? just unplug/replug

If there's any code at all that you want to be button activated, or even able to toggle on & off, and I have the game, just PM me and I'll make it happen
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2010, 01:34:54 PM »

I got hit by that infinite Disconnected dialog the other day, after it had been left on all night.  I don't think disconnecting the cable helped.  It might have something to do with the making the Connect button cancel-able...

EDIT: oops, missed adam's post.  I've never used the FST tab or any of its functions, so I wouldn't know really where to start...I believe hetoan also said that the FST tab didn't work?  Maybe that was for one game in particular...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 01:38:51 PM by dcx2 » Logged

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2010, 01:24:38 AM »

Requests:

Breakpoint Tab
* Edit FP registers in "edit view"
* Let "Show mem" work for indexed asm instructions
* The ability to set breakpoints within a range of values, or even in multiple places at the same time- if that's possible. Most frequently useful though would be just to set the bpw,bpr,bprw range to anywhere in the 32 or 16 bits- depending on the address alignment.

Memory View Tab
* Value Poke only grabs the memory at that address you select when "write" is selected. Else default value is 0 (or 1 if 1 is the current value).
* World Peace

I sincerely appreciate your work on this app man. Thank you!! =)

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2010, 02:05:51 AM »

* FP registers cannot be edited.  That is a limitation of the PowerPC, I believe.
* Can we get a list of instructions, specifically?  lbzx/lhzx/lwzx/lbzxu/lhzxu/lwzxu?  Any others?
* Multiple breakpoint addresses is probably another limitation of the PPC.
* Are you telling me how you want the MemView poke to behave, or how it is behaving right now?

I am keeping track of the list of requests.  I'll probably publish an updated wish list again soon.

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #172 on: June 07, 2010, 05:48:57 AM »

lfsx
lhax
lhaux
lswx
lwbrx
lhbrx
lfsux
....does show mem work for storing words? I can't remember..

And the MemView Poke stuff is how I'd like it to behave. Sorry for being unclear. I love that it's there at all though! Tongue

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2010, 03:31:39 PM »

Where the hell did some of those op codes come from?  lswx (load string word indexed?)?  lhbrx (load halfword branch indexed?)?

Yes, Show Mem is supposed to work for any data access instruction, Load or Store.  Instead of doing string comparisons on the assembly, I may just try to parse the machine code directly...

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »

String word indexed, yep. The 'br' means "byte reversed". If you read these 32 bits (FF223456) you get this (563422FF).
The 'a' means "algebraic". Dunno why it's that word but it sign-extends 16 bits to 32 bits by copying the first bit of the half word to the remaining 16 bits.
And just for completeness sake, 'fs' is "float single".
I haven't ever used the byte reversed ones. But the rest of them in my post are all in ASM WIP files from way back in GCN hacking. Yay ^^ =P

Anyway, this is where I learned them from and I always use these references when my code wont compile or I see something new-- however there are handfuls of op codes I've seen in games that are not in these though!:
http://class.ee.iastate.edu/cpre211/labs/quickrefPPC.html
http://publibn.boulder.ibm.com/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/aixassem/alangref/alangref02.htm#ToC_237

I have more in my bookmarks somewhere, but those are my 2 favs.

Cheers! =)

Oh, Request: When you double click on a value in mem view, it will go to it if it's an address. Could you please add a "go back" to the right-click context menu? If it's not a big pain, maybe even a small, 4 or 5 history stack? :3

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2010, 10:12:53 PM »

Wow, there's a byte reversed load?  That's typically the kinda thing you see on a DSP, not a general-purpose processor like the PowerPC.

You sure a = algebraic, and not arithmetic?  When doing bit shifts, a "logical" right-shift will not sign extend but an "arithmetic" right-shift will sign extend.  That kinda makes sense, and is actually quite useful at sparing an extsh or extsb.  One of the very rare multi-tasking RISC instructions...like stwu.

I use this link for most of my inquiries into PPC ASM.
http://pds.twi.tudelft.nl/vakken/in1200/labcourse/instruction-set/

Finally, the request...all text boxes that hold addresses support a History function.  Right-click on it; there are also keyboard shortcuts for this purpose.  They should be on automatically, but you're the second person to make this request, so they might not be on auto...anyway, I can look into making the MemView-Double-Click also add the address to the History of the MemView Address textbox.  Not quite a "go back", though.

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2010, 03:17:07 AM »

@ History Request stuff: Oh, wow, missed that. Thanks man. =) Adding the double click to history would be much appreciated!

@ the ppc link: I have that one bookmarked too Tongue

@ meaning of 'a': Uh.. I dunno what it means for sure I guess. That's just what I learned it as. If you do find out for sure one way or the other, let me know too, eh? Smiley

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2010, 04:55:56 PM »

I believe double click will show the history.  I also believe the hotkey for adding to the history is ctrl+enter.  You can also ctrl+shift+c/v to copy/paste the history contents to/from the clipboard.

In the next release, I think I'll try to add the shortcuts in parentheses in the context menu.

Skiller
Codemaster Skiller
Hacker

« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2010, 02:06:19 PM »

Here's 2 Bugs

1. Memory viewer crashes the game randomly.
2. Randomly Disconnecting while doing a search.

Also, when bug 2 does occur, my search is gone. No undo button either.
So basically, I have to start over  Angry

Im goin to guess that this happens with Wiird .. iv had this issues alot on wiird.. normaly if your Moving in and out of Tabs to fast .
wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2010, 02:29:21 PM »

It doesn't

If there's any code at all that you want to be button activated, or even able to toggle on & off, and I have the game, just PM me and I'll make it happen
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: