Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 06:21:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko dotNET Bugs and Requests  (Read 120211 times)
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2010, 12:13:49 PM »

Could you post a screenshot of the unnecessary horizontal scrollbar?  Everything looked fine to me.

wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2010, 01:14:41 PM »

Also not trying to be demanding but why didn't you use the layout I suggested? your's wastes a lot of space, are you planning to put some things there? log steps? register snapshots? ah well no big deal although show mem is still a little farther from step into then I would perfer

Also what's with the space below the active conditions box?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:42:36 PM by wiiztec » Logged

If there's any code at all that you want to be button activated, or even able to toggle on & off, and I have the game, just PM me and I'll make it happen
giantpune
Hacker

« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2010, 03:18:20 PM »

ive got a simple request.  how about less prompt windows?  there is a status bar at the bottom of the program, i would like to make more use of that and not have prompt windows except on errors.  Like the "successfully saved gct list"  or whatever it is message,  a simple message in the status bar would suffice.  

and for the promptwindows that do show up, it would be nice to have them aligned to the rest of the program rather that to pop up in the middle of the screen.  in my PC i have dual monitors. both use the same desktop. if i have dragged the program to my second monitor, and then started watching a movie on the first monitor and i get a prompt from this program,  the prompt shows up right in the middle of my movie.  is there a way to tell the promptwindows to pop up in the middle of the geckodotnet window instead of in the middle of the primary monitor?

also, if i have the notepad open and a do a search, it closes the notepad.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:43:27 PM by giantpune » Logged
James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

Gamertag: James0x57

« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2010, 01:16:24 AM »

@wiiztec Isn't the window re-sizable?... Think that might solve your problems there.

wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #154 on: May 25, 2010, 01:38:25 AM »

It's not horizontally resizable

If there's any code at all that you want to be button activated, or even able to toggle on & off, and I have the game, just PM me and I'll make it happen
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2010, 03:31:04 AM »

@wiiztec: There's more stuff that needs to eventually go on the Breakpoint tab, like logging.  I'm also open to moving things around a bit more.  For instance I might try to get rid of Text/Edit View button somehow.  But I figured what you wanted was an Active Conditions that resized independently of the registers/disassembly.

The space below the Active Conditions box is a result of the ListBox always wanting to be an integral height.  It won't show partial rows.  Watch it when you resize slowly, and you'll see what I mean.

Oh, by the way, it does resize horizontally too.

@Romaap: I like the idea of a step-multi-poke.  I don't know if I like auto-multi-poke as much, but I might change my mind once step-multi-poke is there.

I *really* like the idea of shortcutting the Step's.  I'd do just like Visual Studio; F10 is Step Over, F11 is Step Into, Shift+F11 is Step Out.  Maybe Shift + F10 for Step Until or something.  F9 for Show Mem?  Only if Breakpoint Tab is active...

@giantpune: I can empathize with the dual monitor situation.  I actually have three monitors at work.  ^_^  There should be a way to coax the message box into popping up centered above the app.  And I'll see what I can do about moving from message boxes to the status bar.  I usually just hit the space bar to make the message box go away.

Regarding the notepad...I've never even used the notepad.  I use OpenOffice's word processor, so that I can save screenshots.  But I'll look into it.

wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2010, 03:49:50 AM »

I know the whole Gecko.NET window is horizontally resizable I was talking about the register window, not that I want it to be horizontally resizable I just thought that was what James was talking about.

giantpune
Hacker

« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2010, 04:22:21 PM »

while youre busy adding in those keyboard shortcuts for breakpoint stuff, how about making the Del button remove addresses from the watchlist?
paprika_killer
I'm a
Hacker

« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2010, 06:41:44 PM »

I have a request (either app):
A built in (dis)assembler, like asmwiird.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2010, 06:51:48 PM »

I was considering adding a Tools menu, which you could use to launch calc, PyiiASMH/asmwiird, a word processor, etc.  It would support the game name as an argument.  e.g. notepad %game%.txt where game = SB4E01 would actually run "notepad SB4E01.txt".

I also considered adding a button to the Code Wizard or a shortcut to the GCT Code Context Menu that would copy the C2 code into the clipboard and then launch PyiiASMH/asmwiird.  Not quite built in...

If someone would like to try porting one of those apps to C#, I would consider integrating it directly into Gecko.NET.

wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2010, 08:23:59 PM »

Some more bugs/requests

• As the screenshots I posted above show the register window is screwed up (especially in text view)

• also concerning the register window I noticed that if you were looking at the floating point registers the text view jumps back up to the normal registers when you press step edit view doesn't have this problem

• in mem viewer if you do any action that will result in mem viewer jumping directly to a specific address and then you manually change the highlighted cell, and then change the page with the arrows next to the address box the highlighted address will change to the address at the grid position where the address you originally jumped to was

• continuing from a saved search still doesn't work most of the time (I think I got it to work right about 3 times)

• when reordering codes on the GCT code tab somehow the code you're moving frequently will somehow overwrite some of the codes you drag it over on the way up/down

• a back button for mem viewer for if you accidentally double click a pointer address or something

• In the context menus applicable clicking "new GCT code" and then pressing cancel won't do anything it just creates the code anyways

• deleting codes from the code search doesn't work

• on the search tab when you select multiple result and make a new GCT code the values of the code created will all be zeros instead of either the last or the new values of the search

• just got a great idea for a search option a different kind of pointer search, not one that searches for a pointer but one that searches starting at the address that a pointer points too, searches would return pointer offsets instead of addresses.The purpose of this new "pointer search" would be to find values that you think would fall under a pointer you've already found, to use it you would put [] brackets around the start address on the search tab

A non hypothetical example of this being useful would be a code I am trying to make for SMG2 that gets rid of the shaded corners the prankster comet missions, the only way to do a search for this would be to change levels from levels with the shading to levels without it, but doing so would probably cause the dynamic memory to change, however I have found a pointer that is related to things displayed on the screen & with this new pointer search (assuming the pointer is indeed related to the shading) I would be able to make the code
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:42:48 AM by wiiztec » Logged

hawkeye2777
Hacker

« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2010, 03:37:28 AM »

I also considered adding a button to the Code Wizard or a shortcut to the GCT Code Context Menu that would copy the C2 code into the clipboard and then launch PyiiASMH/asmwiird.  Not quite built in...

If someone would like to try porting one of those apps to C#, I would consider integrating it directly into Gecko.NET.

You'd just need the CLI portion ported, right? (no gui specific parts)

Currently "retired" from hacking codes.
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2010, 03:46:26 AM »

Well, if you'd like to draw up the form in the Designer view for me, that'd be even better.   Grin   But anything would be a good start.

hawkeye2777
Hacker

« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2010, 10:04:31 PM »

Well, if you'd like to draw up the form in the Designer view for me, that'd be even better.   Grin   But anything would be a good start.

Can't do that, sorry (I do have a Windows partition, but I do not have enough space to install VS). Monodevelop only has a GTK# designer, not a Winforms designer.

Should be able to whip up a port in a week or two; I have a few other projects I have to focus on in the meantime.

Currently "retired" from hacking codes.
James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

Gamertag: James0x57

« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2010, 07:24:26 PM »

When you flip to the last page of code results, the table still displays the max number of rows rather than just displaying the last page of results. The rows beyond the end of the results have the data from the previous page.

edit: Also a request for LR in BP conditions list. =)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:46:15 PM by James0x57 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: