Codes
WiiRd forum
March 29, 2024, 01:43:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko dotNET release thread (version 0.65 now!)  (Read 80657 times)
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #300 on: April 01, 2011, 04:42:49 AM »

Gecko.NET 0.64.5

http://geckowii.googlecode.com/files/Gecko dNet 0.64.5.zip

-fixed current working directory bug which could cause problems finding vdappc
-tools -> dump is now a safedump
-disable Search tab's Memory Range and Data Type dropdowns during searches
-ctrl SHIFT click in Memory Viewer to add that cell to the Memory Viewer Hex search; this is helpful when you are porting codes from one dump to another and you need to create the list of "unique bytes" to search for
-memview search is now multiline so you can see the entire search string

EDIT: it's not ctrl click, it's shift click.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:10:09 PM by dcx2 » Logged

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #301 on: April 02, 2011, 05:21:51 AM »

Gecko.NET 0.64.6

http://geckowii.googlecode.com/files/Gecko dNet 0.64.6.zip

-Fixed bug which caused a canceled search to freeze during verification
-Added Copy All Frames to disassembly context menu

Copy All Frames does the following:

It parses the call stack.  It then copies all the functions in the call stack, in the order they are called.  It indents each function.  At the current instruction, it will place a copy of the registers.  If the current instruction accesses memory, it will show the effective address in []'s, as well as a peek at the value (just like the Step Log).

All of this text goes into the clipboard.  I suggest pasting it into Notepad and make sure wordwrap is off.  It will be very large.

---

If you experience any bugs while using Gecko.NET, pleasepleaseplease click on the Bug Report link in my sig and let me know.

IRS

medal of honor heroes 2 hacker.

« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2011, 05:18:44 PM »

Gecko.NET 0.64.4

http://geckowii.googlecode.com/files/Gecko dNet 0.64.4.zip

-Search Dump Verification; This will double check that the dump has transferred from the USB Gecko to the PC correctly.  No more vanishing search results!   Grin
-Dump blocks in 1 MB chunks, like WiiRDGUI.  This reduces the risk of encountering multiple errors in a single block
-Search dump label now gives more info about searching process

- Improved disassembler's assembly history textbox

---

The dump verification is at a point now where others can use it safely.  If this doesn't give anyone grief, I'll probably rev it up to 0.65, because this is a pretty big deal.

as much as I am not on this forum.. I too also have rather fast DPS with Gecko.NET when im using it... usually on GUI I'd get 20 DPS but on .NET I get 48DPS or higher.. if GUI is running at 30 DPS then .NET gets around 70 DPS.. Often times I forget im running it...
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2011, 05:20:56 PM »

I wonder if the memory dump speed is affected by hook type.  Are your fast games using OSSleepThread?

giantpune
Hacker

« Reply #304 on: April 07, 2011, 04:48:22 AM »

i would assume the osthreadsleep hook would result in the codehandler being run more often then the other hooks.  most of them are targeting a function that is only called in 1 thread ( like video and controller functions ).  but osthreadsleep is likely to be called from every thread running in the game.  it potentially will run the code handler multiple times for every frame of the game.

speaking about threads and whatnot, does the codehandler do anything to prevent switching to another thread while it is running?  say you are using a hook that targets the padscan function.  the codehandler would only be working on that thread.  and what if the game tries to change to a different thread and do some work while the codehandler is dumping memory?  does that mean there is potential for the game to modify RAM while you are digging around in there?
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2011, 05:11:13 AM »

I think dumping memory works differently from handling the codes.  I think the "code handler" is actually split into two parts - the "user-mode" code handler, that reads the cheat codes from memory and acts upon them; and a "kernel-mode" interrupt handler which is called when dumping memory, setting breakpoints, stepping, etc.

If you step through the code while doing a dump, you will see that as soon as you send the readmem command, the game will instantly freeze, even before you read the ack.  So there shouldn't be anything modifying the RAM while doing a single dump.

A long time ago, during block searches there was a problem where the game would advance a few frames between each block.  To deal with this, before doing a dump, the game is now paused.  After the dump, the game is unpaused if it was running before the dump.

While testing search verification, I did MEM2 unknown-equal dumps repeatedly.  I probably transferred about 2 GB of data over the USB Gecko, and the data never changed while it was paused.

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2011, 05:43:52 AM »

Gecko.NET 0.64.7

http://geckowii.googlecode.com/files/Gecko dNet 0.64.7.zip

Pointer Search Edition!

Dr. Pepper's pointer search v3 is now bundled with Gecko.NET.  It has its own tab.  It's a little rough around the edges, but it should be useful.  Please let me know how it works, if you have any suggestions to make it easier to use, etc.

When you find an address, put it in the textbox next to the dump on the Pointer tab.  Then press "dump 80" or "dump both".  It will automatically suggest filenames for you and prompt you for a location to save the dumps to.  Once dumped, the appropriate checkboxes are enabled.

Get the next address, put into the next textbox, press the dump button again, save the files.  Do this a third time if you want.

To use a previously existing dump, just click the checkbox.  An open file dialog will prompt you to locate the dump to load.

To see what dump is loaded for a given checkbox, right-click the checkbox.

Click Search to run Dr. Pepper's app.  Make sure you have at least two dump80's.

It will copy the dumps to where the pointer search expects them to be, so make sure you have enough free space.  A dump80 and dump90 together take up about 75 MB, if doing three of them, the copies will mean there's six total dumps, about 450 MB total.

---

Other goodies...

-rearranged some tabs; tools tab can now specify the path for integrated tools below
-integrated ASMWiiRD to GCT Code Context Menu; copies the C2 code into ASMWiiRD (launching if necessary) and converts it to ASM automatically
-integrated PyiiASMH to GCT Code Context Menu; copies the ASM code into the clipboard, then launches PyiiASMH if necessary.  You must manually paste the ASM code into the right textbox.
-Memory Viewer Search type is now persistent between runs
-Fixed bug with assembler history textbox
-Fixed bug with screenshot capture (another "current directory" bug)
-If Paused while Auto-Preview on Screenshot tab, the game will advance one frame between Previews.

Panda On Smack
Hacker

« Reply #307 on: April 07, 2011, 08:20:40 AM »

Thanks dude, haven't been around for a while but gonna get back into things I think starting with this new version!
giantpune
Hacker

« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2011, 09:47:18 PM »

It will copy the dumps to where the pointer search expects them to be, so make sure you have enough free space.  A dump80 and dump90 together take up about 75 MB, if doing three of them, the copies will mean there's six total dumps, about 450 MB total.

so you are saying that this is copying the entire contents of mem1, then mem2, and then mem1 + mem2  all across the usb gecko?  would it not be faster to dump mem1, then men2, and then just copy those dumps to make the mem1 + mem2 version?  or am i misunderstanding this?
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #309 on: April 07, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »

I think you're misunderstanding.

You collect dumps at any time.  You can even use previously collected dumps.  These dumps can be named whatever you want, and can go in any folder.  MEM1 and MEM2 only come across the USB Gecko once per pointer.

However, Dr. Pepper's Pointer Search requires that the dumps have specific names (dump_80.bin, dump_90.bin), and that they are located in specific folders ([app]/data1, [app]/data2, [app]/data3)

When you press the "Search" button on the Pointer tab, Gecko.NET will delete any old dumps in the data1/2/3 folders, and then it will copy the checkmarked any-name, any-location dumps to the specific data1/2/3 folders with the specific dump_80 or dump_90 file names, where the Pointer Search expects them to be, before calling the app.

The "Search" button does not initiate ANY transfers from the USB Gecko.  So you can go about your business while the Pointer Search is running in the background.

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #310 on: April 14, 2011, 02:48:07 PM »

Gecko.NET 0.64.8

http://geckowii.googlecode.com/files/Gecko dNet 0.64.8.zip

Did you ever send an ASM code to the game via the GCT tab, and then want to turn it off?  Even if you "Disable Codes", the code is still in effect.  This is because nothing has un-patched your ASM code.  Well, that problem is now solved!  I give you...GCT Code Undo!

There are new checkboxes on the GCT tab - "Undo After Disable" and "Undo Before Sending".  If they are checked, and you add ##address original_value to your GCT code, it will be ignored when sending codes, however when undoing codes it will poke address with original_value, so that ASM hacks are turned off

For instance, I have a Wii Play code

[no limit on bullets]
##8025F874 408100A0
0425F874 60000000

---

Pause While Sending will use an XBP on the code handler, no matter what BPNext is set to.  Previously, if BPNext was not enabled, Pause While Sending would not prevent the crash it was designed to stop.

Combined with proper use of GCT Code Undo, there should be no more crashes when sending new codes to the game.

---

Clears receive buffer efficiently if there are leftover bytes, so that they can't interfere with the next command.  This problem is actually more common than you would think...if you were having any problems before, this change might solve them.

CyclePort when Disconnect pressed.  You can now press "Disconnect" and it will act like the USB Gecko was unplugged and plugged back in.

Properly disconnect the USB Gecko when there is no Wii running.  This means no more error messages when using Dump Mode without a Wii running!

Auto capture screenshots.  Works just like auto-preview; if paused, it will advance one frame between shots, otherwise it advances many frames.

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #311 on: April 18, 2011, 04:25:07 AM »

Gecko.NET 0.64.9

http://geckowii.googlecode.com/files/Gecko dNet 0.64.9.zip

-Automatically patch the code handler to remove the rx and tx bugs.  You no longer have to apply the C2 codes to fix those bugs, it's all done for you.  This supports both Gecko OS 1.9.3.1 code handler (most common), as well as the more recent 1.9.3.2 handler.
-Changed SetLatencyTimer to 1, which speeds up some transfers

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #312 on: April 29, 2011, 02:06:54 PM »

Gecko.NET 0.65

http://geckowii.googlecode.com/files/Gecko dNet 0.65.zip

Specific Changes since 0.64.9:

-Increased Watch List speed.  If you load lots of addresses, it may slow the game down.  Resize the window so that fewer addresses are visible and it will speed up.

-Added Breakpoint Condition: Value of Address.  Normally Breakpoint Conditions only test registers (i.e. only hit breakpoint if r0 != 0).  In the Condition Register dropdown at the bottom, after the float regs, is now "BPAdr".  When you hit "add", it will take the current Breakpoint address and add it as a condition (i.e. [80001234] == 3).

Since you can copy and paste breakpoint conditions in and out of the condition listbox, if you want to test many arbitrary addresses it would be easier to copy one BPAdr condition to Notepad (to get the format), copy and paste many duplicates, change the addresses and values, and then copy back to the condition listbox.

---

For changes since 0.64, follow the thread along from here http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,4886.msg67325.html#msg67325

stormshellx
Banned

« Reply #313 on: May 01, 2011, 06:57:06 PM »

Is this of any use if we don't own a gecko USB? I have found out that I can ram dump?
BLiTz*
Hacker

« Reply #314 on: May 12, 2011, 01:14:51 AM »

WAs this program coded in VB or C# cause at the begginning it looked like it was then, it switched to C? :S
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23
  Print  

Jump to: