Codes
WiiRd forum
July 16, 2024, 03:14:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: GeckoCodes.org  (Read 58865 times)
James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

Gamertag: James0x57

« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »

No, Accio Hacks does not support them.. And it probably never will since I am almost always really busy and that wouldn't be very easy to do. :< ...actually, I think AH even strips them from the file after you save too. >.>

But uh, whenever I get a FAQ/Help section on GeckoCodes, I would mention that AH doesn't support them... but I should not use Accio Hacks as a limitation to the database. IMO =)

joey9923

« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2011, 09:44:14 AM »

Great site, good job, you should give your self a pat on the back!

-Joey

Check out my site:  http://joey9923clan.webs.com/

Remember to sign up Smiley
James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2011, 03:36:36 AM »

I would like to have for example different letter size/colours for subtitles!
If you have a subtitle called "Regionfree Codes", I would like to make it bigger and with a different colour than the second subtitle called "Offline Only Codes". You could go here to see what I mean Cheesy

http://geckocodes.org/?c=SC7P52
Change is implemented! Thanks for the suggestion, Bully!

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2011, 04:18:14 PM »

Changes I need to make soon:

------------------1------------------
Two "New" Region Codes: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_ID#Region_Codes
I'll get them recognized in GeckoCodes asap:
I - Italian - http://geckocodes.org/index.php?c=SC7I52
S - Spanish - http://geckocodes.org/index.php?c=FPXS

The WiiBrew info isn't perfect- X really is a used Region ID (It's a PAL variant of some sort.. Not sure.)
WiiBrew is also missing the following Region ID's:
Y - Unknown for now
Z - Unknown for now
C - Unknown for now
W - Unknown for now
V - Unknown for now
U - Unknown for now
I'll probably edit WiiBrew with this. Hopefully then someone will know what they are and correct some "Unknown for now" labels. =)

------------------2------------------
NeoGeo System ID's extend into EB (not just EA). Currently GeckoCodes is identifying EB as VC Arcade. (VCA start with E as well- it's the only shared System ID so far)
http://geckocodes.org/index.php?c=EBBE
http://geckocodes.org/index.php?c=EBFP
Thanks to GMO for pointing this out!

Link
that dev there

I hate everyone in this community. Except for you!

« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2011, 05:50:45 AM »

The WiiBrew info isn't perfect- X really is a used Region ID (It's a PAL variant of some sort.. Not sure.)

I checked myself: the X is rarely seen on PAL games.. it's most commonly used for PAL version with multiple languages which were split anyway. Most PAL games cover English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and sometimes Dutch. Those are P games - sometimes it seems publishers cannot fit all those 6 languages on one disc though.. single language releases normalle use P for English, D for German, F for French, I for Italian and S for spanish (never seen a Dutch only game on Wii - on the DS Dutch Professor Layton titles use N).

However, for multi-language releases the one release covering English is normally P (in some EA games it is English, Spanish, Italian) and X for another version (German and French then).

So while X exists, you cannot pin it on the exact language used. It seems to me the Wii actually ignores the Title ID anyway, if you check region changers for Wii which change your ISO to another region (out of a time before softmods existed) they did change the title ID however they also changed some other stuff in the disc header. Back then I once changed the TItle ID of a US copy I had back to E - and it still played.

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2011, 12:04:14 PM »

some games get corrupted if you change their ID to an invalid one... (example: CoD: BO)
but changing them to another region may force the game to think, that you are playing the region.
It shows at least the corresponding lang at the boot screen.

My Wii hacking site...
http://bullywiihacks.com/

My youtube account with a lot of hacking videos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/BullyWiiPlaza

~Bully
James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2011, 03:13:26 AM »

New Regions Implemented:

W - NTSC-T (Traditional Chinese)
V - PAL - Sweden
U - PAL (EN)
I - PAL - Italian
S - PAL - Spanish

Unsure of these, so not implemented yet:
Y - PAL (Y)
Z - PAL or NTSC (EN)
C - (Custom)

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2011, 03:59:35 AM »

GameID's starting with "EB" are now identified as NeoGeo.

PLEASE let me know if this caused any problems... (This is a complicated modification to the DB that needed a fix in many places! I scrolled through the 2008 lines of index.php and I'm pretty sure I got them all but I could have missed something!)

Also, I looked through the admin coding for this modification and I didn't see anywhere that it would need to be changed... So there could be problems with this and I would really appreciate a heads up if there is!!

Also fixed this in Accio Hacks. (no download necessary, server side fix)

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2011, 02:36:58 AM »

GeckoCodes search is now easily able to be installed to your browser (OpenSearch).

In firefox, on any GeckoCodes page:
1) The search bar in the top right will have a blue glow around the drop arrow (left of the search bar).
2) Click the arrow then click "Add GeckoCodes.org" and you'll have the ability to search GeckoCodes through your browser.

In IE 7 or higher, on any GeckoCodes page:
1) The search bar in the top right of the browser has a drop down arrow on the right- it should be orange (in IE8 anyway)
2) Click on that drop down, hover over the bold "Add Search Provider" and select "GeckoCodes.org"

You can use this search just like the one on the site:
1) Search for parts of a game title to find a hacked game.
OR
2) Enter a GameID to go straight to that game's codes (if it's on the database).

The search results page no longer has the google search option because it was mostly used by people on accident trying to search GeckoCodes again.

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2011, 09:20:31 PM »

Okay, neither previous idea was that well taken. (the second was much better than the first though)
I really would like to get some more space on the left rail (hence the redesign)..

So here's another (early) mockup:

How do you guys feel about this look/design?

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2011, 04:33:18 AM »

IMO, the one that's up now is ugly and bland (especially on the overstuffed left rail-- SUPER ESPECIALLY when the channels are showing).. It needs to change for new stuff...

What specifically about the current one do you like "much better" though? (be blunt if need to- It is helpful for me to know..)

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2011, 02:00:27 PM »

Yeah, I agree about the black too.. I'm not a big fan of black backgrounds.
I kind of have to move the letters/channels/regions out of the rail to make room.. so I'm not really sure where else to put it..

Maybe I should have a right rail too? I can put the lists+search on the left (like they are currently) and put the arsenal & etc on the right...

I appreciate the feedback; thank you Sharkbyte.

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2011, 04:20:09 PM »

Thanks!

Well.. one of my secret agendas was to let people choose whatever they want for the blue and orange. (once user profiles are implemented, of course) So yep, the colors there are solid.. I kind of like it though- I think it makes them look neon-ish and pop a bit, I think.

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2011, 08:26:48 PM »

I think I will probably make that blue border a bit smaller. I killed the black bg and added a right rail.
I'll be doing the lists and stuff on the right for design reasons.

Horizontal screen space seems to be abundant compared to vertical. (not just because of widescreen but because USUALLY there are tabs, 1 or 2 tool bars, the window frame, and the start bar all taking their space across the whole window)

Though I should probably verify with the visitor stats that the vast majority of resolutions can fit a wideframe design before I go through with it..

And of course I'll be doing something with the top corners too. (I just couldn't think of anything "okay" yet)

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2011, 09:57:48 PM »

Before GeckoCodes was GeckoCodes (before the channels could be hacked), the original design had the banner stretch across the full window with a huge "home" link on the left and a "Forum" link to WiiRD Forums on the right. Letters ran across the bottom of the banner. The content was centered below that.
It was mostly dark grey and orange with bits of blue.

This site sure has gone through quite drastic changes over its life!!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: