Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 11:24:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to get a USBGecko  (Read 46483 times)
Jassim
WiiRD Legend
Hacker

i came up with "legendary member" :)

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 03:44:53 PM »

When E comes after g, the g majes a  j sound (sometimes)

do NOT pm me to request a code or if you have any problems with my code.

DemonParasite

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 10:44:11 PM »

English sucks and has lots of exceptions to the rules. You can't go off of what something should sound like in English.
Romaap
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 10:55:18 PM »

English sucks and has lots of exceptions to the rules. You can't go off of what something should sound like in English.
If you think English is hard you should Dutch, thats a pain in the ass.

But enough talking about hard languages this is a topic about where to get a USBGecko
DemonParasite

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 11:57:09 PM »

I don't think English is all that hard, it's just that there are way too many exceptions to the rules.
Igglyboo
The Greatest
Hacker

The Greatest

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 12:02:15 AM »

But enough talking about hard languages this is a topic about where to get a USBGecko

Don't you mean an USBgecko?

Jassim
WiiRD Legend
Hacker

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 12:14:29 AM »

no its actually A usbgecko cos u only use add an N to A when te first letter of the firs word is a vowel.

e.g A yo-yo not an yo-yo
AN egg, not A egg.

correct U is a vowel but ur saying the letter not pronouncing the letter, and the letter U is pronouned YOO or YOU, Y isnt a vowel.

now bak on topic, where do u buy a usbgecko? online Tongue, jus kiddin, this questions been answered anyway

hetoan2
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 02:42:31 AM »

GeckoOS has geckos on the background so unless you say Geckos as "jeckos" then I don't think Nuke would put Geckos in the background of a similar titles program...

that's like me naming my app CandyOS and putting Candy in the background because people like it, but it's really said with a Soft "C" and is pronounced SandyOS... that would be retarded.

Especially since we all know that Sandy is something tasty and will NEVER get confused with Candy... even when you do spell sandy with a "c".
hetoan2
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 02:47:52 AM »

no its actually A usbgecko cos u only use add an N to A when te first letter of the firs word is a vowel.

e.g A yo-yo not an yo-yo
AN egg, not A egg.

correct U is a vowel but ur saying the letter not pronouncing the letter, and the letter U is pronouned YOO or YOU, Y isnt a vowel.

now bak on topic, where do u buy a usbgecko? online Tongue, jus kiddin, this questions been answered anyway

that's wrong since technically, according to the dictionary, it's "A honest opinion" and not "AN honest opinion" even though honest has a silent "H" and a long "O" sound. The real reason it's not is because USB is an abbreviation so technically even if it made a "A" sound first and it sounded like a vowel even if "AN" sounded right it would be "A" because it's abbreviated.
REDSOXROX
Sum Miles Christi
Hacker

RSR

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 05:03:34 AM »

This has been bothering me, why an USB Gecko? It should be a USB Gecko, unless people are pronouncing it "ussb" all of a sudden...
It also depends on what English style you have, for example, one of my more classic English textbooks would say an USB Gecko was the correct way, however it sounds strange and most English would say a USB Gecko, although in canon English it would be an. BUT, the language is changing and using a is now acceptable according to many textbooks/dictionaries etc

Red Sox vs. Yankees 4/4/2k10 Season Opener
Red Sox: 9 Yankees: 7 Final!
Romaap
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 10:57:17 AM »

huh huh huh................ I don't get it.... huh
Jassim
WiiRD Legend
Hacker

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 12:01:44 PM »

e.g A yo-yo not an yo-yo
AN egg, not A egg.

that's wrong since technically, according to the dictionary, it's "A honest opinion" and not "AN honest opinion" even though honest has a silent "H" and a long "O" sound. The real reason it's not is because USB is an abbreviation so technically even if it made a "A" sound first and it sounded like a vowel even if "AN" sounded right it would be "A" because it's abbreviated.

erm, hetoan where bouts u from? coz in britain we say "AN honest opinion"

maybe its different in different countries

REDSOXROX
Sum Miles Christi
Hacker

RSR

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 02:14:22 AM »

e.g A yo-yo not an yo-yo
AN egg, not A egg.

erm, hetoan where bouts u from? coz in britain we say "AN honest opinion"

maybe its different in different countries
Yeah...like I was saying...in "real" English you would say an honest opinion because the "h" is silent

Red Sox vs. Yankees 4/4/2k10 Season Opener
Red Sox: 9 Yankees: 7 Final!
matt123337
Hacker

Email
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 02:33:03 AM »

we use both an and a where I live:P
Romaap
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 04:10:23 PM »

we use both an and a where I live:P