Codes
WiiRd forum
April 25, 2024, 10:21:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for new Wiird  (Read 13922 times)
James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

Gamertag: James0x57

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »

Agreed, that would be a nice feature to have.

hetoan2
Legendary Member

I hack WiFi, but I don't cheat on WiFi ;)

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2009, 04:42:46 PM »

A way to right click on search results and mark them or remove them would be nice. Marking to remember something about it :|

Also, how do you get out of breakpoint hit mode? WiiRD will randomly send me into it sometimes...

Check out my site with codes obviously...
http://hetoan2.com/

and youtube...
http://youtube.com/hetoan2
Link
that dev there

I hate everyone in this community. Except for you!

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2009, 07:12:40 AM »

A way to right click on search results and mark them or remove them would be nice. Marking to remember something about it :|

Also, how do you get out of breakpoint hit mode? WiiRD will randomly send me into it sometimes...

WiiRd does not do it basically, there is a breakpoint cancel command in the Gecko code.. sometimes they cancel command however does not seem to be properly recognized. If it is not: then a breakpoint you activated ages ago might be still active and will hit while you already do other stuff!

mdmwii
an mdm for everything
Hacker

is MoonJumping in real life...

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2009, 06:32:23 AM »

Any chances to see 64 bit floating point registers and FPSCR on WiiRD?

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

Gamertag: James0x57

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2009, 11:50:47 AM »

I would like to see an option on the main menu to launch the last channel that we launched. Smiley
Thank you!

paynless

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2009, 08:39:03 PM »

didnt manage to read all 4 pages so forgive me if these have been mentioned.. btw.. let me take this opportunity to say how amazing the current versions are.. and thanks for all your hard work..

1.. bigger interface for the debugger.. perhaps integrating the DISASSEMBLER and the BREAKPOINT screens together.. it seems a little harder to trace through code when u can only see a few lines at a time..
2.. a feature that lets u RUN to the next RET or BLR in the ppc instruction set.. so that you can see what function called what code.. etc.. helps to trace back through lots of code without having to wade through (and possibly missing returns)

i havent been using it long.. but these are the only 2 things i can come up with from a purely REVERSING stand point..

cant wait to see future versions.. good luck guys.. hope this helps to give some direction.
REDSOXROX
Sum Miles Christi
Hacker

RSR

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2009, 08:46:04 PM »

I was working on a code  where that would be useful.

Also while I was working on the same code, I thought of a function that would be extremely useful.
An option in the code search to remove address values that changed since the last search.

Red Sox vs. Yankees 4/4/2k10 Season Opener
Red Sox: 9 Yankees: 7 Final!
[sheep]

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2009, 01:15:54 PM »

hope this thread is still being read by the creators of wiird Smiley

ok.. a few things now ive used wiird for a little while..

hope these havent already been covered..

1.. Some kind of save/state.. not for the game.. but for the wiird interface.. its annoying when u crash the game and
have to keep typing in the SAME addresses because wiird resets.. a nice save state that worked once u had crashed the game would be nice so when u reloaded u could be back at the addresses u were before..
2.. make the LIST of excluded breakpoints exportable.. or copyable.. i dont actually use it to EXCLUDE that much.. what i do use it for is to list every address that DOES access my code or data.. then i have to write them all down Sad
3.. (this ive actually coded myself to help me with wiird) but would be great if u could add it.. my tool saves breakpoints from wiird and stores them
in a list.. so ALL breakpoints ive used i can scroll through.. and put them back into the breakpoint window.. so basically a HISTORY of breakpoints would be cool..
4.. when an update doesnt TAKE.. ie.. if u dont pause the game first.. and u just UPDATE.. it rarely writes.. or.. if u update and the instruction is incorrect.. it then fills the box BACK with the original instruction.. can this be a choice?? cus its very annoying typing out the instruction again..
also.. a side note to this.. when u have an incorrect syntax for the code u enter.. and it displays a little message box with the correct one.. instead.. can u either show and THEN insert the correct one.. or.. at least put the correct syntax in the edit box..
5.. keep all readouts in HEX.. or at least give a choice.. having half the program work in hex and the other in decimal is very hard to work with.. ie.
in the code u see stw r0,3434(r6) to get to that address u have to first convert it to hex then goto the memory address and dump it +hex value..
6.. i guess its just what i asked for last time but will keep it current Smiley the window for debugging is very small.. its hard to get a gauge on what the surrounding code looks like.. can this be much bigger.. or resizable?? something like olly would be pretty amazing Smiley

neways.. i hope these dont sound too arrogant or casting bad points on the current software.. because its not.. the current program is amazing.. no doubt about it.. great work indeed.. but as this is a wish list Smiley i thought i would put mine down.. tnx
Ruffy

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2009, 05:49:40 PM »

A screen grabber for homebrew applications (if it is not possible yet)
giantpune
Hacker

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2009, 01:45:23 AM »

-Ratio buttons by the search to select hex/dec/char
-resizable window so you can fill up the whole screen if you want
-BUGFIX when you have a list of search results, right click one->poke.  but you can't right click the next search result.  you have to left click->right click->poke
-i would like the ability to have the program open and click around without being connected to the game.  then just click a button to mount the game.
-remember my settings.  if i have the program open with wiird console showing, 16bit search selected in 0x90000000, then i would like to close the program and open it and all these are the same settings.
Trekkie

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2009, 05:55:02 PM »

Well, in my Opinion, the Best choice to make Videos of Homebrew-Applications, and working Games running with Codes, would be using a TV-Grabber with your PC/Laptop.
That would also keep you safe from extreme slowdowns.
gameshark

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2010, 01:11:29 PM »

Would really like to have a MEMORY EDITOR instead of a memory viewer Evil
Skiller
Codemaster Skiller
Hacker

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2010, 01:27:05 AM »

Add MemoryEditor. but still keep the Memoryviewer but alow Multi Memview Windows .. (Expandable) -- Note: a new window would open for u to compare the last one to. At the same size u expanded the Memory editor to ..
Thomas83Lin
Hacker

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2010, 01:41:50 AM »

-resizable window so you can fill up the whole screen if you want
I agree If it could be added, it would be appreciated  Smiley
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2010, 06:05:40 PM »

You guys should move requests over to this thread of Gecko dotNET requests.  I tried to grab all the interesting things from this thread already.

GDN is being actively developed right now.  The current build is pretty stable...I've been using it instead of WiiRDGUI for about two weeks.  Some of the requests in this thread are even already implemented, though there's more to come.

For instance, the current build's Memory Viewer has a poke box, so it's more like a memory editor.

Also, the next build Link releases should be resizeable!  <--- first of many contributions to GDN  Grin

So yeah, head on over there, grab the latest build, play with it, make requests, and tell others to do the same!

EDIT:

5.. keep all readouts in HEX.. or at least give a choice.. having half the program work in hex and the other in decimal is very hard to work with.. ie.
in the code u see stw r0,3434(r6) to get to that address u have to first convert it to hex then goto the memory address and dump it +hex value..

If you look at the machine code for the instruction in the disassembly window, the lower 16 bits are the immediate value in hex.  For your example, stw r0,3434(r6)...while I'm not sure what the high 16 bits would be for stw r0,r6, I do know that the 3434 makes the lower 16-bits 0D6A.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:19:01 PM by dcx2 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: