Codes
WiiRd forum
March 29, 2024, 01:38:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GeckoDotNet freezes, eventually Blue Screens  (Read 1476 times)
γRB
Retarded Engy
Hacker

« on: April 24, 2013, 07:29:25 PM »

Hello there, Since I installed my SSD, re-installed windows & the usual boring stuff, I carried on with my Coding Projects, but I've had a huge problem during the developing of a lot codes. Sometimes Gecko freezes, and I'm not able to 'kill' the process, No matter what. It freezes when, for instance, I reconnect it after I turned my Wii off, it freezes when I just reconnect, sometimes when I make searches, or even connect it for the first time. I believe this is for the driver, so I tried to update it, but with no success. I also believe this could be for a conflict with Dazzle's drivers, as sometimes Virtualdub would freeze the exact same way. When I turn off my computer (with both USB cables connected) , it usually resets and a BSoD comes up, which is annoying, whilst if the cables are not inserted, the computer would just turn off. I tried anything, terminal Kill, microsoft hotfix, task manager etc.. (Yes, the process is GeckodotNet or WiiRD's one). Help?  huh
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 12:23:35 AM by dcx2 » Logged
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 12:23:24 AM »

Weird.

Make sure you have installed the latest drivers from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

If an application which accesses a USB device becomes unresponsive, even when using End Task or similar, it often helps to disconnect the USB device from the PC.  This is typically because some kernel-mode code is blocking, waiting for a response from the USB device, and this kernel-mode block interferes with End Task.  Unplugging the USB device causes the kernel-mode code to unblock and shut down, which allows the application to properly shut down.

If you can post a camera phone picture of your BSOD it may help.  Something should indicate the module at fault.

Thomas83Lin
Hacker

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 01:26:25 AM »

If you can post a camera phone picture of your BSOD it may help.  Something should indicate the module at fault.
You could also see if windows saved the BSOD log try looking at c:/windows/minidump if it crashed there should be a dump
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: