Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 08:30:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with Donkey Kong Country Returns (U) (SF8E01)  (Read 3213 times)
GaseousSnake

« on: December 21, 2011, 01:29:01 AM »

Huh?

Okay I have a problem.

When I put in Donkey Kong Country Returns, it asked to do a Wii System Update, so I did, and after that I loaded up Gecko OS and several of the options were missing.  All that was there was:

Launch Game
System Config
About
Exit

I've seen this before and used DOP-Mii to reinstall IOS 36 and it seemed to clear up the problem as the options including the rebooter returned.  However, when I went back to the Wii menu, with DKCR still in, it said I still had to do a Wii System Update, which started this mess all over again.  I need help on this, what am I doing wrong?  Is there anyway to use the Gecko OS Rebooter with this game at all???  Angry
Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:57:35 AM »

simply always launch the game WITH gecko os.
even if you donĀ“t want to cheat...

My Wii hacking site...
http://bullywiihacks.com/

My youtube account with a lot of hacking videos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/BullyWiiPlaza

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 05:35:07 PM »

That's odd.  I would expect it to be satisfied once the update ran.  Unless you used DOP Mii to install an old revision of IOS36, in which case it might ask you to update again.

I would consider running the update from the Disc Channel again, and then using something like Simple IOS Patcher to modify the IOS36 that was installed.  That way the revision is up to date.

Personally, I just avoid the Disc Channel entirely.  I always launch from Gecko OS.

GaseousSnake

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:51:51 PM »

I used Simple IOS Patcher and it worked!  I'm now able to use rebooter with DKCR!  Thanks dcx2!  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: