Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 08:49:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword [SOUE01]  (Read 71747 times)
Tweak

« Reply #435 on: December 24, 2013, 04:48:00 AM »

Over a year later and I've decided to try to re-work this issue, but consistently get a black screen after Wii-mote calibration. I won't give up so easy!  Here's what I tried over the last several hours:

1. Downloaded and tried running AccioHacks from WiiLauncher, but it had the same issue as Gecko OS
2. Ran what appeared to be de-fragmentation on my SD card through BootMii
3. Retried step 1
4. Formatted my SD card and installed HackMii 1.5 and the updated Homebrew channel
5. Retried step 1
6. Continued researching tutorials and made this post

My hunch is that I'm focusing on the wrong part of the problem. How can so many people not have this issue?  Does my Wii need an update somewhere else?

PS-your constructive criticism on my posting will be appreciated.

Umm... refresh my memory, what are/were you trying to do

I'm trying to use the homebrew channel on my modded Wii to use a variety of cheats that I found in Accio Hacks.  Namely I want to increase the text speed and disable a variety of notifications.  I admit to getting so frustrated that I gave up on the prospect, have heard that skyward sword is a really great game.  The cheats I'm referring to made a "GCT" and then I launched the game disc through Gecko, however I cannot get past the calibration screen without the screen going black.
Arudo
Crazier-than-thou

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ щ(゚Д゚щ)

« Reply #436 on: December 24, 2013, 06:54:51 AM »

Okay... so cheats for other games work for you, I will assume?
Have you pulled the most 'recent' update via GeckoOS when playing a game? I'm assuming you should have had most if not all updates by now.

Anyway... try this attachment and see if it works. Sometimes games don't like combinations of codes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71112228/SOUE01.gct

-Crazy Hacker Hates You All (definitely)-

ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Do NOT PM me about Code Requests

Pro-tip: Hit the Applaud Button

Oh? Failed to read the rules? You're already dead.
Tweak

« Reply #437 on: December 24, 2013, 01:49:01 PM »

Okay... so cheats for other games work for you, I will assume?
Have you pulled the most 'recent' update via GeckoOS when playing a game? I'm assuming you should have had most if not all updates by now.

Anyway... try this attachment and see if it works. Sometimes games don't like combinations of codes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71112228/SOUE01.gct

This is promising! Gecko OS 1.9.3.1 loaded the GCT file you shared, and the game ran without freezing. I don't know what was in the GCT file, but here is some more feedback: The text speed remained default, and after blowing myself up with several bombs (I'm in the mining village from my 2012 save file) the 3 heart warning beeped and the navi-like girl spoke a nonsense notification.

I may have thanked you with the button, but after seeing the beauty of this game I wanted to say it again.  Thank you for helping bring my favorite RPG back. The text speed and bug notifications are most important to making it great for me.
Arudo
Crazier-than-thou

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ щ(゚Д゚щ)

« Reply #438 on: December 24, 2013, 11:44:15 PM »

Weird... I was pretty sure I had set it so that the following codes were on:

No Item Notifications
No Low Health Warning
No Damaged Shield Warning.

Anyway, I don't use the text speed one so I'm not sure. My guess is that one probably screws it up or something.

-Crazy Hacker Hates You All (definitely)-

ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Do NOT PM me about Code Requests

Pro-tip: Hit the Applaud Button

Oh? Failed to read the rules? You're already dead.
wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #439 on: December 25, 2013, 02:22:48 AM »

Thank you for helping bring my favorite RPG back.

Zelda ain't an RPG

If there's any code at all that you want to be button activated, or even able to toggle on & off, and I have the game, just PM me and I'll make it happen
Tweak

« Reply #440 on: December 25, 2013, 05:52:06 AM »

Weird... I was pretty sure I had set it so that the following codes were on:

No Item Notifications
No Low Health Warning
No Damaged Shield Warning.

Anyway, I don't use the text speed one so I'm not sure. My guess is that one probably screws it up or something.

Alright, I'm much more comfortable playing with standard text speed if other people are unable to speed it up.
Glitch.
伝説上
Hacker

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない

iGlitch4Lolz@gmail.com skatingandres06
« Reply #441 on: December 25, 2013, 08:15:31 PM »

Can you try this one?

Can you also try switching between hooktypes?
Also, I concur @wiiztec
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:05:55 PM by Glitch. » Logged

Tweak

« Reply #442 on: January 01, 2014, 06:39:11 AM »

Can you try this one?

Also, I concur @wiiztec

This GCT resulted in a freeze after remote calibration, however there was also a red shape in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.  It resembled the top eighth of a hollow square shape, this may be because I am trying to get this working on a different TV.
Tweak

« Reply #443 on: January 01, 2014, 06:44:02 AM »

Can you try this one?

Also, I concur @wiiztec

This GCT resulted in a freeze after remote calibration, however there was also a red shape in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.  It resembled the top eighth of a hollow square shape, this may be because I am trying to get this working on a different TV.

So, this is weird, within writing this post that red shape "popped up" resembling the hollow shape with a divot under it, within the last minute it "ducked down" again.  It's been about 10 minutes since trying to load the GCT...

It just disappeared... This error may not be at all useful, but it is certainly peculiar.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]
  Print  

Jump to: