Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 09:59:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiird and Gcnrd  (Read 3918 times)
shark2003
Hacker

« on: October 01, 2011, 10:34:25 AM »

This is kind of an odd question but can Wiird be used like Gcnrd via network for Gamecube games on the original Gamecube Console not Wii. I am trying to Hack Luigi's Mansion and either on my GC or Wii I get scrambled video using the USB Gecko method...but I can connect via GCNrd network method and search codes but GCNrd doesnt apply them for some reason...or am I doing something wrong??

No matter where you go...there you are...
hawkeye2777
Hacker

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 04:06:31 PM »

If I remember right, you have to load the Action Replay disc first, then load the game for GCNrd if you want to apply codes on the fly.

Currently "retired" from hacking codes.
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 04:33:29 PM »

You said you get scrambled video?  What loader are you using on the Wii?

For loading GC games, the superior solution is NeoGamma r9 b50 and WiiPower's cMIOS.  It has the highest compatibility.

Normally I wouldn't mention NeoGamma because it supports backups, but it's really the best way to load retail GC games.

shark2003
Hacker

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 10:40:07 AM »

I tried Neogamma and Gecko OS loaded off an SD card using Swiss etc...and the video is screwed up...but I can hack via GCnrd but dont know how to apply the codes...I add codes to the AR part of GCNrd but they dont work for some reason...

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:49:39 AM by shark2003 » Logged

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 12:33:34 PM »

Did you install the cMIOS?

What settings do you have NeoGamma on?  For instance, in the GC settings there's a GC Mode, which can be set to Internal or External.  It should be set on Internal.  What settings do you have for Force Video and Patch Video?  It should be Disc and No, respectively.

Are you trying to run a game from a different region?  (i.e. PAL game on a NTSC Wii/TV)

EDIT:

When you say it looks all scrambled, do you mean it looks like the pics that hawkeye linked in this post?  http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,2060.0.html
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:35:10 PM by dcx2 » Logged

shark2003
Hacker

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 03:02:31 PM »

Let me be more specific here...my drive on my US (NTSC) Wii is shot and I have to load Wii games from USB or Gamecube games from SD. I was trying to load Luigis Mansion (NTSC) before my drive broke through Neogamma R9 50 and also Gecko OS...this is a known thing about this game...never found a work around for it except to use the old fashioned Gcnrd method...is there anyway to hook a game via Swiss?  I really just need an answer on how to get codes to work using GCnrd...

biolizard89
Hacker

passport.10.biolizard89@spamgourmet.com biolizard89 biolizard89
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 02:34:19 AM »

Let me be more specific here...my drive on my US (NTSC) Wii is shot and I have to load Wii games from USB or Gamecube games from SD. I was trying to load Luigis Mansion (NTSC) before my drive broke through Neogamma R9 50 and also Gecko OS...this is a known thing about this game...never found a work around for it except to use the old fashioned Gcnrd method...is there anyway to hook a game via Swiss?  I really just need an answer on how to get codes to work using GCnrd...
emu_kidid is planning to add GeckoOS cheats/debugging to Swiss (I'm the one who asked him for that), but to my knowledge he hasn't done so yet.  You're probably better off asking at the Swiss forums; not many people here use Swiss so you probably won't find much help here.
shark2003
Hacker

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 10:35:41 PM »

Thanks biolizard89. I did read somewhere that feature was going to be added to Swiss..I guess i have to be patient...Luigis Mansion is just one of those games I feel not enough codes were made for..like attack a ghost when they have 0 hearts (instant death etc..) I did spend a bit of time trying to get it to work with neogamma and Gecko OS and searched all over the internet..but I dont know if this video problem might end up being the same issue with Swiss. GCnrd is the predecessor to Wiird and instead of having the gct code patching like with the Wiird gui it uses an AR method using the same kind of gct code format like Wiird..but doesnt constantly patch the code like if you were using an action replay or Wiird..you can poke a code but it doesnt actually patch the code into memory...

shark2003
Hacker

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 10:38:05 PM »

Did you install the cMIOS?

What settings do you have NeoGamma on?  For instance, in the GC settings there's a GC Mode, which can be set to Internal or External.  It should be set on Internal.  What settings do you have for Force Video and Patch Video?  It should be Disc and No, respectively.

Are you trying to run a game from a different region?  (i.e. PAL game on a NTSC Wii/TV)

EDIT:

When you say it looks all scrambled, do you mean it looks like the pics that hawkeye linked in this post?  http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,2060.0.html

yes this is how the Video looks on the Wii...its worse on the original Gamecube console but its for my region and its the original disc and not a backup or anything

shark2003
Hacker

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 12:42:17 AM »

Here is a little more info on how I am launching GCnrd to work on the "Original Gamecube Console" not the Wii console.

1. I launch Maxdrive Pro and then run the Swiss dol
2.Launch the GCNrd dol off an SD card With Swiss using the Gecko SD Memory Card Adapter not USB Gecko (Max Drive wont launch the GCNRD dol correctly for some reason)
3. Connect the Gcnrd GUI via Network to the gamecube

The video isnt scrambled and I can search and find Codes and poke them,GCnrd just doesnt apply them when I create codes

This may be something alot of people dont remember how to do..it took me awhile to re-learn how to do all of that..

biolizard89
Hacker

passport.10.biolizard89@spamgourmet.com biolizard89 biolizard89
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 10:39:35 PM »

Here is a little more info on how I am launching GCnrd to work on the "Original Gamecube Console" not the Wii console.

1. I launch Maxdrive Pro and then run the Swiss dol
2.Launch the GCNrd dol off an SD card With Swiss using the Gecko SD Memory Card Adapter not USB Gecko (Max Drive wont launch the GCNRD dol correctly for some reason)
3. Connect the Gcnrd GUI via Network to the gamecube

The video isnt scrambled and I can search and find Codes and poke them,GCnrd just doesnt apply them when I create codes

This may be something alot of people dont remember how to do..it took me awhile to re-learn how to do all of that..
I don't think GCNrd's hook has a code handler; I think it outsources that to the AR hook.  If you boot AR from GCNrd and then boot your game through that, you should be able to apply AR codes.
shark2003
Hacker

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 07:32:41 PM »

Thanks biolizard89, Luckily I have an original Action replay disc...so I guess Gcnrd has to Hook into AR then I choose the game in the AR menu with M code and whatever codes are already there,put the game disc in and then I can apply and search codes from Gcnrd...

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 03:17:04 AM »

As it turns out, I borrowed Luigi's Mansion from a friend and tested it out.  It fails to load with Gecko OS Mod, however NeoGamma r9 beta 50 works.

shark2003
Hacker

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 10:09:17 PM »

Thanks biolizard89, Luckily I have an original Action replay disc...so I guess Gcnrd has to Hook into AR then I choose the game in the AR menu with M code and whatever codes are already there,put the game disc in and then I can apply and search codes from Gcnrd...

This method didnt seem to work...I just wonder why gcnrd had the AR code part of it just like Wiird has the GCT code but it doesnt work..it must have worked somehow I am using a Gamecube console and GECKos and Wiird works on alot games on the original Gamecube Console without any video flaws..there is just something with this game and Gecko OS or Neogamma (if you use that method) that just isnt right..wish the guys that made Gecko OS could release a fix for this..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: