Codes
WiiRd forum
April 28, 2024, 09:29:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *Mild irritation*  (Read 1546 times)
Arudo
Crazier-than-thou

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ щ(゚Д゚щ)

« on: September 29, 2011, 03:19:39 AM »

My netbook's power adapter input has started to act up and I had initially attributed that to a bad adapter (which to be fair, the thing is pretty split up and bent out of shape).

Whenever I charge the thing (which I still can do), I would have to position the plug 'just right' in order for it to maintain the charge... otherwise the battery charge LED doesn't show up and the power light starts to blink blue/orange and becomes purple.

I bought a new one... and lo and behold... I still get the same annoying blinking...

Luckily for me I have an in-store product replacement warranty which I wisely chose to pay for... which is good til May 2012.

The bad thing is now I have to wait until next Friday at the latest for them to diagnose and troubleshoot my netbook, including the hard drive; I had to give the guy my 20 character long password, which caused him to whistle in surprise.

Long story short, they think it's either the motherboard being silly but they need to test everything else as well. *sigh*

If the model I have was still on sale, I'd just rather they do a hard drive swap and give me a new unit... but it's no longer in stock... so... meh.

...at any rate this is still better than most other warranties that some computer manufacturers provide...

-Crazy Hacker Hates You All (definitely)-

ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Do NOT PM me about Code Requests

Pro-tip: Hit the Applaud Button

Oh? Failed to read the rules? You're already dead.
biolizard89
Hacker

passport.10.biolizard89@spamgourmet.com biolizard89 biolizard89
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 04:04:47 AM »

My netbook's power adapter input has started to act up and I had initially attributed that to a bad adapter (which to be fair, the thing is pretty split up and bent out of shape).

Whenever I charge the thing (which I still can do), I would have to position the plug 'just right' in order for it to maintain the charge... otherwise the battery charge LED doesn't show up and the power light starts to blink blue/orange and becomes purple.

I bought a new one... and lo and behold... I still get the same annoying blinking...

Luckily for me I have an in-store product replacement warranty which I wisely chose to pay for... which is good til May 2012.

The bad thing is now I have to wait until next Friday at the latest for them to diagnose and troubleshoot my netbook, including the hard drive; I had to give the guy my 20 character long password, which caused him to whistle in surprise.

Long story short, they think it's either the motherboard being silly but they need to test everything else as well. *sigh*

If the model I have was still on sale, I'd just rather they do a hard drive swap and give me a new unit... but it's no longer in stock... so... meh.

...at any rate this is still better than most other warranties that some computer manufacturers provide...
When computer technicians ask me for my password, and say that "we need the password so we can test the computer", I hand them a bootable Windows disc and tell them to boot from that because it doesn't need a password.  If they keep arguing I take my business somewhere more competent.
Arudo
Crazier-than-thou

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ щ(゚Д゚щ)

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 05:30:39 AM »

Bah... I wish I was more tech savvy.

Of course because the damn thing is a netbook it doesn't have a CD drive or a floppy drive switch. Unless there's another way around that.

ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

pichu04

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 07:36:16 PM »

Arudo if you got a new charger and it still didnt get the job done then its not the charger thats the problem its your netbook. There might something loose in the hole in the netbook where you plug it in at check that.
Arudo
Crazier-than-thou

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ щ(゚Д゚щ)

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 10:44:45 PM »

Arudo if you got a new charger and it still didnt get the job done then its not the charger thats the problem its your netbook. There might something loose in the hole in the netbook where you plug it in at check that.

I thought I implied that with my original post... must have forgotten to mention that, which is the main reason why the shop has it now. Also the guy checked the plug/hole and it wasn't loose, so they're currently attributing it to the motherboard being bad (for the time being).

ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

pichu04

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 03:00:14 AM »

Hope it works good luck!!
Arudo
Crazier-than-thou

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ щ(゚Д゚щ)

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 02:54:12 AM »

And... verdict is that the case is damaged... which they don't cover under warranty. The guy was nice enough to try to fix it by hot gluing the broken part in question and not charging me for it, meaning I got my laptop back sooner than expected.

ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

toonlink444
Hacker

Get Real Kid!!

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 02:21:07 PM »

Hope that works.

In the begining there was nothing. Then it exploded
New blog!! Check it out for hacking Smash Bros Brawl!! http://letshackblank.blogspot.com/
pichu04

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 08:41:10 AM »

I can't tell you how many laptops I've had to buy just in the past year or so. Either because it overheated or a power burnout. This one that I'm   
currently using now is probably my 5th.
Arudo
Crazier-than-thou

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ щ(゚Д゚щ)

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 03:07:30 PM »

I think there's an issue if you've gone through five of them already...

ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Arudo
Crazier-than-thou

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ щ(゚Д゚щ)

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 05:48:45 PM »

Hopefully they're covered by warranty, or they have a lot of cash to burn...

ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: