Codes
WiiRd forum
March 29, 2024, 11:57:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Region free analog stick fix  (Read 2795 times)
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 12:43:06 PM »

Haha, I still have an N64 (I am, after all, old-ish; my first system was an Atari 800).  In fact, my gf still plays the N64.  For Valentine's day, I replaced the analog stick in her controller.  You can get replacement sticks cheap.

I didn't know that NG could also do GC games, either.  But when my F2 codes weren't working in Gecko OS Mod, I went looking for more loaders.  I think I use r9.

EDIT: btw, you still need WiiPower's cMIOS to use GC games.  But I already had that installed for Gecko OS Mod.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 12:45:27 PM by dcx2 » Logged

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 02:06:52 PM »

I don't think you need any patches to anything.  You should already have what you need.

Whether it works depends on what version of the code handler is included.  If you apply the code, and then go to Memory Viewer, 800028B8, and you see "00D0C0DE", then it's probably using the right code handler.  Look for the F6 code.  It should now be F6000301, and that means it managed to find the Z values (which means it could then hook).  F6000101 means it failed to find Z values, so the hook is not executed.

EDIT:

Hit post too early.  I don't know what videos you found, but just buy replacement sticks from amazon or ebay.  Then use this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHYjUdZyZoU or you can use this guide but everything beyond step 4 isn't needed to replace the stick.  http://codebook.potchgult.com/stickrepair/stickfix.htm

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 02:28:12 PM »

You will see the code in the debugger, but the old code handler will treat an F2/F4/F6 code as the end-of-codes marker F0 http://www.geckocodes.org/index.php?arsenal=1#F0

She had no problem with this replacement stick, and it's over a year old.  Granted, she doesn't play every every day, but she does go at it for a month or two before she goes back to a GameCube game or some other Wii game or L4D2.

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 03:01:58 PM »

F is a "major code type", and the old code handlers treats all F major codes as end-of-codes.  brkirch extended the original code handler to add minor code types 2, 4, and 6 to the major code type F.  This gave birth to F2, F4, and F6 code types.

This won't work on a physical N64 because it doesn't use Gecko OS.  This hook is specifically for the GC.  I'm sure similar hooks could be found in VC.  The thing with VC is that breakpoints stop you in the emulator's ASM, not the game's ASM.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: