Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 10:53:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Record Gameplay  (Read 3167 times)
Sh0tGuN2197
Hacker

« on: February 26, 2011, 05:23:41 AM »

I know that there is that GeckoTunnel Program... but it only works for the one game... and i want to be able to record gameplay... maybe not too long, but kind of like the screenshot feature... Im sorry if this is a stupid post, but i was just wondering if it was possible...

BTW: i do have an EasyCap... but my little tiny netbook doesnt have a screen resolution big enough for the program.
smoere

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »

even though your netbooks resolution shouldn't matter it might well lack the processing power required to use your easycap.
but don't you have access to a desktop system?
granted, you'd have to move your wii, but as i don't have a portable computer i do it all the time i need to use my gecko, and at least in my setup it's a matter of just five minutes.

if this option is not feasible for you, and your only reason you don't want to use your netbook is the software you're using now, you might want to give virtualdub a try. it's a lightweight free video editing suite that also offers a video capture interface. you just might to have to capture uncompressed and compress it later.  
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:30:08 PM by smoere » Logged
Sh0tGuN2197
Hacker

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 07:55:42 PM »

Well the program the EasyCap came with requires a screen resolution just a little higher... I do have a desktop, but im ot sure if i would be able to use it for this purpose... i just need to wait for an external monitor i can use, or a program to use usb gecko and do it... lol
smoere

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 09:58:03 PM »

as already stated, screen resolution is no problem: virtualdub (and many other apps that take use of WDM input drivers) is able to scale down the "preview" screen to whatever window size you want, after all it's irrelevant, all that matters is the resolution you grab and save.

and as long as your "real" (as in "really manly with more power and beer-holder" Wink ) computer got usb 2.0 it should work just fine.
biolizard89
Hacker

passport.10.biolizard89@spamgourmet.com biolizard89 biolizard89
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 07:08:55 AM »

I know that there is that GeckoTunnel Program... but it only works for the one game... and i want to be able to record gameplay... maybe not too long, but kind of like the screenshot feature... Im sorry if this is a stupid post, but i was just wondering if it was possible...

BTW: i do have an EasyCap... but my little tiny netbook doesnt have a screen resolution big enough for the program.
Recording raw video via the USB Gecko isn't really feasible; GeckoTunnel manages it by transferring game variables instead of raw video.  This means that GeckoTunnel doesn't need much bandwidth, but also means that you need a Wii and a game disc handy to view the recorded gameplay.  GeckoTunnel's approach also has the advantage that you can race against the recorded character.

If you want support for more games, I do plan to release a guide on how to add support for more games if you can find the variables that are necessary to keep it synced.  For most WiiRD hackers this is fairly easy.  I've been fairly bogged down with other activities this past 2 months, but after March 5 I should have some time to work on GeckoTunnel.  That said, sounds like you want something you can view on a PC, which is not something that GeckoTunnel can do.

-Biolizard89 (GeckoTunnel Author)
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 02:10:32 PM »

Gecko.NET can take some screenshots, if you want just a frame.

If you want a video, I recommend getting a cheap USB capture card.  I got this one from newegg for myself.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100112

Sh0tGuN2197
Hacker

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 09:26:56 PM »

Gecko.NET can take some screenshots, if you want just a frame.

If you want a video, I recommend getting a cheap USB capture card.  I got this one from newegg for myself.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100112

I actually do have a cheap capture card. It is called an EasyCap. The only problem is that i cant get it to work because the program it came with doesn't woork with my netbook's low screen resolution.

I did try VirtualDub but didnt work
smoere

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 10:37:45 PM »

I did try VirtualDub but didnt work

strange, as i have a rebranded easycap (same usb device id as an easycap d60), and it works just fine. only drawback is that it doesn't seem to support 60hz PAL

just in case you're willing to try one more time the step by step guide:
1. plugin the easycap
2. start virtualdub
3. set virtualdub to capture mode (File->Capture AVI...)
4. select the correct input device (Device-> X USB 2.0 ATV (DirectShow))
5. select the correct video format and tuner (Video->Capture filter... , in my case PAL /BDGHI and Composite
6. ?
7. profit

Sh0tGuN2197
Hacker

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 05:41:25 AM »

Ok well i got it, but quick noobish question... Where does it save the video?
smoere

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 08:46:06 AM »

uff. i don't know what's set as the default, but you can set it under "File->Set Capture File...".

as already mentioned earlier you might have to disable compression when recording on your netbook (Video->Compression...->No Compression) in order to avoid frame skipping issues, just be aware that this will devour your HDD space like Cthulhu devours your dreams.
Sh0tGuN2197
Hacker

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 05:30:19 AM »

Sorry about that... I meant to delete that question  Undecided I thought I did.
smoere

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 05:56:04 AM »

so you got it to work?
if so: did you use your netbook or your regular pc?
Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 07:01:03 PM »

I´m using easy cap aswell (about 18 euros on amazon)

-> http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0042EZ596/ref=oss_product

It´s working fine and the quality is not bad too:

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_yZCjklF-c

Also pretty easy to use.

My Wii hacking site...
http://bullywiihacks.com/

My youtube account with a lot of hacking videos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/BullyWiiPlaza

~Bully
Sh0tGuN2197
Hacker

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 07:48:28 PM »

It is pretty easy to use. My sound is always off though.

Smoere I used my netbook
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: