Codes
WiiRd forum
April 19, 2024, 03:03:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiird/Gecko Search Bugs  (Read 2553 times)
Skiller
Codemaster Skiller
Hacker

« on: November 14, 2010, 08:21:35 PM »

In the last little wile iv noticed something using Wiird.. First it started with the New Epic Kirby game i was looking for the Beads .
using Normal (Value) Searching Did not return anything
Using Greater then Searching Did not return anything

so i was like thats Odd swaped to Gecko.net try test it out .. and doin the Exact same stuff it found the addresses i needed ..
i know im not the only one to have this issue .. (note.. that iv had the same Random Issue with Gecko.net) it just so happen to find the addresses in Epic Kirby ..

i know game DUMPS are find it just seems to hurt Searchs ..
My Question is has anyone elts noticed this... Searching one day for something and u cant find it.. but then the next time u look at the game u use the same search functions and u find it .. just seems odd .. if this is an Error just non reported maybe there is away to Add a Hash check to the Seach functions or a way to tell the Seach its reading the right data . ?
Link
that dev there

I hate everyone in this community. Except for you!

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 06:00:19 AM »

I also noticed that issue quite often in the past. It unfortunately happens if data on the USB bus is acting up - like 1 byte was missed during transfer - that would mean that a whole block (WiiRd and Gecko dotNET transfer blockwise) is moved in memory by 1 byte back and forth.. kenobi and me back then tried to prevent that from happening using a Checksum, however, the checksum thing never really worked so it was dropped.. in Gecko dotNET you should be able to try to undo your search and retry. The effect does not happen as often it seems if you safely pause the game BEFORE doing a ramdump - the safest way to pause would be to put an Execute breakpoint on 800018A8 (several games run special threads which continue if you pause - like if you check SEGA games: click "pause" and you'll notice that music continues playing, a breakpoint however, will definitely stop EVERYTHING).

This should make searches more reliable: what worked in my case: I went with multiple USB cables - from very short (half a metre cable - while still being expensive because of high quality) to ultra long ones (10 metres - I know this exceeds the specification! - with cheap plugs and everything) and it also seems the cable quality is a parameter here. If you have multiple cables, please try replacing yours with another, maybe it helps the problem.

Sorry, yes, I am aware of the problem, but no, I hardly know what to do about it Sad .

Skiller
Codemaster Skiller
Hacker

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 07:20:09 AM »

I also noticed that issue quite often in the past. It unfortunately happens if data on the USB bus is acting up - like 1 byte was missed during transfer - that would mean that a whole block (WiiRd and Gecko dotNET transfer blockwise) is moved in memory by 1 byte back and forth.. kenobi and me back then tried to prevent that from happening using a Checksum, however, the checksum thing never really worked so it was dropped.. in Gecko dotNET you should be able to try to undo your search and retry. The effect does not happen as often it seems if you safely pause the game BEFORE doing a ramdump - the safest way to pause would be to put an Execute breakpoint on 800018A8 (several games run special threads which continue if you pause - like if you check SEGA games: click "pause" and you'll notice that music continues playing, a breakpoint however, will definitely stop EVERYTHING).

This should make searches more reliable: what worked in my case: I went with multiple USB cables - from very short (half a metre cable - while still being expensive because of high quality) to ultra long ones (10 metres - I know this exceeds the specification! - with cheap plugs and everything) and it also seems the cable quality is a parameter here. If you have multiple cables, please try replacing yours with another, maybe it helps the problem.

Sorry, yes, I am aware of the problem, but no, I hardly know what to do about it Sad .

Sweet atleast its something known Tongue
Maybe it could be fixed by adding something to the Actual Gecko it self .. (maybe something that can be tweeked in Gecko SE..).. Well thanks for the reply and yes i noticed that if i Undo and send again sometimes it works .. and ya i run off a Longer cable to ..
(Gecko SE it self is Programable i think i read or maybe i read that off some other program)
benny3t3
Hacker

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 05:30:24 PM »

Huh, okay.

Weird that it happened to me all of the around 3 times I tried to find it.
I guess it is more likely to happen in some games than in others?
I can't load backup data (yet at least) on the mac compilation of GDN so...
How can I tell how good my cord is?

for example.
 The USB Gecko cord, the black cord I use for my PS3 controllers, the netgear usb port extention.

What combinations/cord should I use?

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 05:59:14 PM »

Short cords are better.  Sometimes ferrite beads help, sometimes they don't.  Extensions always make the signal worse.

If there's a problem dumping data, then in theory you should be able to pause the game, do an unknown search, and then do repeated equals searches.  The total number of results should never change and it would cause all of the memory to be dumped.

80/90 ranges are cached...I wonder if the cache is somehow interfering with the dump?

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 12:07:34 AM »

I discovered this only very sometimes, even with the usage of one extention cable. My laptop is about 5 meter away, canĀ“t avoid that if I want to sit on my couch xD. Better comfortable and serach once more instead of sitting directly in front of the tv on a chair, having the laptop on the bottom or legs... Sad

My Wii hacking site...
http://bullywiihacks.com/

My youtube account with a lot of hacking videos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/BullyWiiPlaza

~Bully
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: