Codes
WiiRd forum
March 29, 2024, 06:22:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Questions  (Read 5755 times)
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 11:26:50 PM »

"strawman"?  Something tells me you don't actually know what that means...a straw man argument is where I pretend you said something you didn't actually say, and then refute your pretend argument because it's easier than refuting your actual argument.

However, my response directly refutes the lies in your post.  i.e. that we pirate Visual Studio, that you can't run .NET on Linux, that .NET will come and go...those are your arguments.  I can quote you on them.  That's not a straw man.

And the next time you decide to share this primitive Machiavellian world view where Microsoft is "evil", just remember how much more money Bill Gates has donated to charity than you.

BTW: check out Shadow's model hacks.  I'm pretty sure she wrote those codes with the GUI...  http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,1840.msg51373.html#msg51373

dash
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 01:48:23 AM »

Removed.

I'm very much wondering why I joined actually. Goodbye, and congratulations to all for driving away a potential contributor.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 12:12:55 AM by Mathew_Wi » Logged
James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

Gamertag: James0x57

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 02:48:25 AM »

Dude, you can contribute anything you want; just don't upload your antagonizing attitude as an attachment. That is far more bloat than M$'s extra baggage.

You project yourself as capable, so if you want to contribute, you probably will. And if you don't want to, then... we'll see you if we see you. *shrugs*

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 07:38:55 AM »

I'll never understand Linux snobs.  You try to help them, and they bust out their holier-than-thou attitude on you because you don't do it their way.  And when you react negatively to their condescending demeanor, then start attacking you like you're the rude one.  They'll slander you ("script kiddie" or "pirate") without knowing a single thing about you.  When you call them out on their weak arguments they just yell "strawman!" and run away.

In my experience, that type of person only makes negative contributions to a project.

EDIT: in case it is necessary to clarify, because I may have been more abrasive than intended...I do not believe all Linux users are snobs.  I *like* Linux - on my router, desktop, netbook, and phone.  Link, hawkeye2777, giantpune, myself (who I only really know because they chime in on mono)...any number of other users I am unaware of...we coexist just fine.  They even tolerate how I pay less attention to the mono side, and that makes me feel bad and want to devote some time to it.

Regular users may have a preference one way or the other...but no one busts out the religion on you.  The religion is what makes one a snob, and probably what sets me off... Sad
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 03:43:04 PM by dcx2 » Logged

Link
that dev there

I hate everyone in this community. Except for you!

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 08:56:37 AM »

To end this in short: the WiiRd console has been ported.. it was Delphi code however I adjusted it to compile on FreePascal on Linux.. the binaries are even availible: http://wiird.l0nk.org/projectfiles/ - both x86 and amd64 (x86 version not compatible with amd64 libftdi versions). Also the source code is there in wrd0.9.3-src.zip .

What you need is libftdi - however, without additional memory searching programs or GCT creation programs.. the console app is hardly usable.. but you can use it! And no GUI, no X-Server involved!
However, just accept most people here are Windows users.. noone of us would send a developer for the Linux platform into the corner.. if someone seriously needs input on how to create Linux stuff, we're here! However, do not expect us as Windows users to create perfect ports. After all: WiiRd or Gecko.net are mostly developed by us FOR us. We try to keep the interface community friendly, however a typical example for Gecko.net: there is no pointer search yet as dcx2 and me both use other ways to search pointers (I personally disassemble) - thus while I still want to do it is has low priority - same for Linux. We do not get money, we do not get donations - so do not expect much to happen there.

And before I am blamed as Windows nerd.. this forum is running on a Linux server. A Linux server I completely set up from installation to Apache setup, Mail server setup with custom authentication, self-written PAM modules and whatever. I do LOVE(!) Linux as a server operating system, I prefer it much over Windows servers here. But as a typical daily use operating system, I still stick to Windows. Admittedly probably because I am also a PC gamer and Linux still lacks many many games!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:01:49 AM by Link » Logged

antidote

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 05:59:09 AM »

I love linux, and i support it massively, however dash is just being a completely egotistic prick, Microsoft is not evil rolleyes nor is .NET, which was drawn up by IBM and partners and passed by the EMCA not Microsoft. Microsoft is just a developer of one version of the CLR and have no legal claim to anything BUT Their implementation of it, C# IS cross platform as it was DESIGNED to be.

Now really, .NET locks people into windows? Wow, i've never heard such something that uneducated in a while, dash a word of advice from one Linux user to another: DO SOME RESEARCH. dcx has been on the right track from minute one while you've been ragging on Microsoft since your second post. .NET is an excellent platform and WON'T be "vanishing" from the internet or our computers for a long time.
Nuke
Hacker

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 10:39:05 AM »

Something is only 'Free' if you value your time as worthless. Mono develop can help speed up developing Linux apps a great deal, so for sure its a great thing.

If you truly wanted to make a cross platform GUI, I think GLUT (Open GL) is probably a good solution, but it would be massively time consuming as you will need to create all the widget, buttons etc yourself.

Edit: There is also QT and Wxwidgets but I have never used them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 10:44:20 AM by Nuke » Logged

0xFFFFFFuuuuuuu
Panda On Smack
Hacker

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 10:56:40 AM »

dash the douche? Having a mid-life crisis?

Pride is before a crash, and a haughty spirit before stumbling.
Better is it to be lowly in spirit with the meek ones than to divide spoil with the self-exalted ones.

I wanna see this btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo-cIGVaOYE

« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 11:07:06 AM by Panda On Smack » Logged
Panda On Smack
Hacker

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 11:10:42 AM »

on an unrelated note you should all watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxY5fDn5sjQ
megazig
Hacker

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 06:45:11 AM »

Something is only 'Free' if you value your time as worthless. Mono develop can help speed up developing Linux apps a great deal, so for sure its a great thing.

If you truly wanted to make a cross platform GUI, I think GLUT (Open GL) is probably a good solution, but it would be massively time consuming as you will need to create all the widget, buttons etc yourself.

Edit: There is also QT and Wxwidgets but I have never used them.

Qt is my solution. makes my gecko PC app a breeze to run. also made the modular aspect very nice for having game specific loading of windows and tools
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: