Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 02:10:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Accio Hacks - Get Codes, Create gct's  (Read 32151 times)
James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

Gamertag: James0x57

« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2011, 06:04:49 PM »

I'll have to look at the php when I get home but I'm 99.99999% sure that it's outputting '\n' for the line breaks. I know the Accio Hacks code is checking specifically for '\n'. (and this was working before Link made the server change)

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2011, 06:08:24 PM »

When I was looking around the folder structure with FTPii, I think I found the txt file that Accio Hacks downloaded when it was working.  It appeared to have only line feeds ('\n')
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:45:58 AM by dcx2 » Logged

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2011, 06:28:59 PM »

The accio hacks text files only have \n's but the problem is not there. Displaying and activating codes works- if you could get them downloaded.

The listing of the online games is what's broken for some people (because it is output via php).
http://geckocodes.org/AH.php?c=R&l=M&r=E
^ this is an example url that Accio Hacks would send (except in http header format).

It works on mine and we have the same one.

edit: the online game lists don't get saved- they're kept in memory then free'd when a new list is acquired)

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2011, 09:23:48 PM »

I just brought up the text files because I know I saw line feeds there, and didn't know if the same problem might affect something else.

I clicked on that link that you provided.  It looks like one big line without any line breaks at all (\r or \n).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:45:38 AM by dcx2 » Logged

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2011, 09:39:50 PM »

Ah, I see. I handle both of those completely separate from each other.

view source- browser don't display \r\n or \n unless it's wrapped in a pre tag or in a textarea
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:41:38 PM by James0x57 » Logged

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2011, 09:43:38 PM »

There's probably something out there that lets you send custom headers and view the textual response.
I'm not very familiar with raw http headers so I suppose it's possible I have a mistake there that the server "sometimes" doesn't like.

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2011, 10:37:25 PM »

To view the php output, I right-clicked "save as" on the Accio Hacks URL.  I then re-named it a txt file and opened it in Notepad.

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2011, 02:04:30 AM »

Note pad doesn't like *nix line endings. Open the txt in wordpad and you'll see the breaks.

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2011, 02:45:03 AM »

Yeah, I usually see the square block for \n in Notepad.

Something odd happens now, though.  When it goes to initialize the network, it says that it can't.  But then if I try again, it initializes almost instantly.

I'm bustin' out wireshark now, we'll see what pops up.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:45:15 AM by dcx2 » Logged

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2011, 03:55:36 AM »

Here's what my WireShark dump shows.  I clicked through to load a game list.

----

DNS Query geckocodes.org

TCP socket connection

HTTP GET /AccioHacks/ServerAddress.txt (??)

HTTP GET /AccioHacks/CurVersion.txt

----

That's it.  I see no other traffic of any kind.  So it seems as if it gets to CurVersion.txt and then never asks for a game list.

I clicked "Attempt to Reconnect" and I got

----

DNS Query

TCP Socket connection

HTTP GET /AccioHacks/CurVersion.txt

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2011, 04:46:22 AM »

w.t.f.
That is a tremendous point in the right direction.

@(??):
I can tcp connection to download files- no problem, no ip needed.
For the php requests, the server is being picky and I need the IP and cleaner http header.
ServerAddress.txt is a file that has the ip so I connect, tcp grab the file, use the IP and then do my php requests.
It's like a fake DNS lookup.
I don't want to hard code that ip just in case the server relocates again- that would break it for sure.

edit: the reason it checks the current version file on connect and re-connect is to verify that it's online
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:49:58 AM by James0x57 » Logged

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2011, 04:58:52 AM »

I say ?? because you already get the IP from the DNS query.  But I guess that would be handled by the underlying socket implementation, so it might not be immediately available to the application layer.

Once I have this set up, it's extremely easy to eavesdrop on all communications, so I can help you test anything you want.  For instance, I saw HBC querying the hackmii server to ask for the current version of HBC.  They use xml instead of txt, too.

Wireshark is fun.

EDIT:

I don't think the server is shutting us out.  If it was, we wouldn't be getting HTTP responses.

Is it possible that it's not parsing the server address correctly and thus just not doing any php requests at all?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 05:09:52 AM by dcx2 » Logged

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2011, 05:39:39 AM »

Yes, that is a possibility. (but it's pretty unlikely since there's only one line in the file AND it does have a hard-coded fall back of this server's ip)

This is a test one:
http://geckocodes.org/boot.dol
It prints out the header that it sends when requesting the list of games.

If the request fails, it says that it failed.

I currently cannot get Accio Hacks to not work. =_=

@DNS stuff: yes, everything you said about that is true. I actually didn't notice that it said that in your post. Maybe I can figure that one out for a future release.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 05:41:38 AM by James0x57 » Logged

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2011, 02:26:19 PM »

You should try adding a line break to your ServerAddress.txt file.  If you are using any sort of "get line" I/O function to read the text, it might be confused by the absence of a line break.  It's generally a good rule of thumb to end text files with an extra line break.

I see the HTTP GET text in Accio Hacks for about two or three seconds, but I'm still not getting anything in wireshark.  Also, after the network initializes the first time, I get a "network could not initialize try again".  But it instantly initializes the next time, and this next time is when it gets ServerAddress.  Do you have some sort of timeout on network init?

I took a screenshot of the Wireshark dump.  At the top you see the RST packet from my previous attempt, it looks just the same as this attempt.

* Screenshot-(Untitled) - Wireshark.png (133.45 KB, 1024x577 - viewed 120 times.)

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2011, 03:22:38 PM »

the HTTP GET text in Accio Hacks debug is printed to the screen /before/ it's sent. It should send as soon as the screen goes away.

Right after that, it says "building list..." for a blink.
THEN you should get a screen in Accio Hacks that said the php_request function failed if it's not working. (undoubtedly you should get the fail screen if- according to wireshark- it's not even successfully sending the header)

If
1) wireshark doesn't show the HTTP Get /AH.php?c=R&l=J or similar (right after the screen disappears in AH debug)
AND
2) accio hacks doesn't show the fail message
Then that would mean it's definitely failing but reports that it didn't fail... (and I'll need to figure out how the heck it managed to do that)

The initiate network thing happens sometimes. I noticed it in the first release. And I do think that is because of a timeout.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: