Codes
WiiRd forum
October 02, 2022, 01:23:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possibility of a xml cheatdatabase !?  (Read 1540 times)
Takti

« on: January 23, 2010, 04:00:49 PM »

Hi everyone
i´m actually changed the gct loader code to select specific cheats directly from a text file and now i was just thinking about to make a a xml database for all cheats instead of a txt file for every game.
What do you guys think about it ?

Mal1t1a
I love hacking. Programming as well.
Hacker

I <3 Hacking

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 04:38:39 PM »

I don't entirely understand what is being said. However, we already have a Database (http://geckocodes.org/) for Cheat Codes. huh

Hacking is not always about ruining the game for others, its about making the game funner and seeing what is possible and what is not.
Takti

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 04:59:36 PM »

Hmm what i mean is to create one xml database for every game so that only one file needs to be downloaded/copied and you have all cheats available.
Like cheat databases on NDS or PSP.
kaleyboy

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 05:52:04 PM »

sounds fantastic. I think a similar thing exists for the PSP.
giantpune
Hacker

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 08:06:12 AM »

im sure that if you took the initiative to make the database, or at least make a database of just a few games so people can see the benefits, it could catch on.  i think this would help a lot for developers.  the way it is now, there is no uniformity in the codes, so apps that create gct files with cheats must try to decipher the code, description, comments, and whatever else might be in that text file.  it would be great if we had multiple tags for each cheat denoting the author, code name, weather or not the code needs edited to work, what code lines need edited, etc.
James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

Gamertag: James0x57

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 01:52:14 AM »

I can make the DB output XML if you can give me the format you want and a legit reason to do so..

PM me though, I might not see this thread again.

Beyond that: The DB can create GCT files, you never need to download the txt file..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: