Codes
WiiRd forum
April 18, 2024, 12:12:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko dotNET Bugs and Requests  (Read 120375 times)
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #705 on: September 28, 2011, 04:06:43 PM »

Was the disassembly tab source a dump?  If so, the dump was modified, and the BP tab was likely reading its disasm from the dump instead of the USB Gecko.  It probably shouldn't, but oh well, you'll just have to remember to set the disasm source to USB Gecko.

When the disasm source is a dump, it is both read from and written to.  The main purpose for assembling dumps is so you can write "absolute branches" into the assembler and it will calculate the offset from the instruction being changed to the address you're trying to branch to.  Otherwise, you need some sort of calculator and some bit masking.

If you want to open a dump while using the USB Gecko, I recommend opening *two* instances of Gecko.NET.  One trick is holding shift while opening the second instance, which prevents it from trying to connect to the USB Gecko.  Then, set the first instance's disasm source to the USB Gecko, and the second instance to a dump.  This also allows you to open multiple dumps as well, by loading third/fourth/etc instances.

Stuff
Hacker

0x80000000 = -0

« Reply #706 on: September 28, 2011, 06:24:44 PM »

hmm...I was looking at a dump before setting this breakpoint, but I switched to usbgecko. The dump looks untouched. I checked all three just incase. They're untouched. I remember noping a branch and doing that li. They're not in there. Maybe it was reading memory and writing to nothing because I had a dump open before. >.> Sounds like a bug anyway.

One trick is holding shift while opening the second instance, which prevents it from trying to connect to the USB Gecko.
That's awesome. I think you mentioned this before, but I never actually used it. It would be nice if some other button did this though. Like ctrl. You can press it after double clicking the .exe. And you know. Windows does that shift thing.

Another possible bug that wasted 15mins of my life(oh noes). In the search tab, I was doing specific search and every time I refined, it started a new search instead. I noticed after feeling that it was taking too long doing this 5th/6th search. So the next search I noticed that it went from 900ish pages to 1000ish pages. That's not right >.<. And then I realized it wasn't showing anything in the old results column. I think this happened because I started with an unknown search, didn't continue, and hit restart to start a specific search. That was the last thing I did. I had to close gecko.net to get some valid searches.

.make Stuff happen.
Dropbox. If you don't have one, get it NOW! +250MB free if you follow my link tongue.

Mod code Generator ~50% complete but very usable:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24514984/modcodes/modcodes.htm
Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #707 on: October 03, 2011, 02:01:17 PM »

Another possible bug that wasted 15mins of my life(oh noes). In the search tab, I was doing specific search and every time I refined, it started a new search instead. I noticed after feeling that it was taking too long doing this 5th/6th search. So the next search I noticed that it went from 900ish pages to 1000ish pages. That's not right >.<. And then I realized it wasn't showing anything in the old results column. I think this happened because I started with an unknown search, didn't continue, and hit restart to start a specific search. That was the last thing I did. I had to close gecko.net to get some valid searches.
yeah, often happened to me that the search never takes previous results and always starts a new search on refine.
It seems like it happens when one cancels an existing search and starts a new one (unknown value).
Well, happens pretty randomly also Sad But once it happens, one can fix it by closing gecko.net.
I noticed that gecko.net sometimes freezes after one search was completed. Probably when one "spams" refines or something like that.
One can´t push any button and the application doesn´t recover also. Only way to close it is task manager and the search obviously gets lost. rolleyes
Maybe you can add an option to "remember" search results on gecko.net next time it´s opened until one restarts the search?
Address remembering on disassembly doesn´t work right. Each time I boot the app, it get´s to a low 8000XXXX address that contains a branch instruction. Above it, there are only .word´s. (Same for any game I tried)
And if one opens a mem90 dump, everything gets recognised as mem80 addresses.
If I ctrl + M a mem90 address on gct codes tab, it always guides me to mem80 in memory.
Example: 92345678 will guide me to -> 80345678 but since my input is an mem 90 address, it should go there instead of thinking that 92 was a mem80 codestype.

Thanks,
Bully
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:11:50 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...
http://bullywiihacks.com/

My youtube account with a lot of hacking videos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/BullyWiiPlaza

~Bully
The D3mon
Soul Eater
Hacker

Love playing games others don't.

« Reply #708 on: October 14, 2011, 01:58:36 PM »

Do not know if this request was posted before or if it is possible.
I was thinking how nice it would be to memory view a set of address you want to look at at the same time it would be simialar to the multi poke. With exception of in memory viewer.
To explain this better You do a search usually can get it done to 20 or so address. Then ctrl select the 20 or so address right click and select memory view when you get to memoryview you only see the address you want to see. I think this would help narrow down some address easily instead of poking a address that may cause a freeze. 

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #709 on: October 14, 2011, 02:25:07 PM »

I think the Watch List tab does that already.  It can be a little flakey, though.

The D3mon
Soul Eater
Hacker

Love playing games others don't.

« Reply #710 on: October 14, 2011, 05:23:41 PM »

I have yet to realy need to use the watch tab but will check it out. I think I might have used it once but has been awhile

giantpune
Hacker

« Reply #711 on: October 21, 2011, 09:12:57 AM »

Something with recent versions of geckoDotNET has slaughtered the rebooter.

start geckoOS 1.9.3.1
select paused start, OSThreadSleep hook
start the rebooter
start geckoDotNET on the computer
press "run game"

using 0.64.3 the system menu will start up like it is supposed to.  using 0.65, it just hangs forever with a blackscreen
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #712 on: October 21, 2011, 02:13:11 PM »

Weird, I never tried rebooter.

0.65 is old, though.  I never updated the first post.  You should use 0.66.8 instead.

http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,4886.msg73292.html#msg73292

EDIT:

I tried rebooter and I had no problem connecting to it.  But you have to wait until the system menu is running before you can connect to it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:18:19 AM by dcx2 » Logged

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #713 on: October 23, 2011, 09:00:41 AM »

I find it interesting that you avoided my typo fixed gecko.net, dcx2.
I didn´t do anything else to it, except for changing the version number and fixing "availible" Tongue

Spoiler for Hiden:

Hope there will be updated builts again some time like e.g. moving the "Codes saved!" message to the status bar.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:10:44 AM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
Stuff
Hacker

0x80000000 = -0

« Reply #714 on: October 23, 2011, 04:59:35 PM »

actually, "0.66.9" was a little slower for some reason. Still, I thought it was interesting that you did that, so it's not on my shift+del queue. But I do use 0.66.8 still and now I always notice "availible" XD.

.make Stuff happen.
Dropbox. If you don't have one, get it NOW! +250MB free if you follow my link tongue.

Mod code Generator ~50% complete but very usable:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24514984/modcodes/modcodes.htm
Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #715 on: October 23, 2011, 07:56:50 PM »

actually, "0.66.9" was a little slower for some reason. Still, I thought it was interesting that you did that, so it's not on my shift+del queue. But I do use 0.66.8 still and now I always notice "availible" XD.
-___-
uhm... how can it be slower? huh
That makes no sense Grin

I don´t have the source code, but I can still edit the application... which is funny to do.
Actually, I always use 0.66.9. and I´m happy to see "available" spelled correctly. xD

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
giantpune
Hacker

« Reply #716 on: November 02, 2011, 08:34:45 PM »

with the newer games coming out that require 1000s of patches, our gameconfig.txt may become really huge.  it is also a bit of a headache to put the SD card in the computer to edit this file.  what do you think about a button somewhere in geckoDotNET to perform some of the functions of the gameconfig.txt?  i guess really the poke/searchandpoke/pokeifequal functionality would be the parts that would make sense to have.
matt123337
Hacker

Email
« Reply #717 on: November 10, 2011, 01:42:02 AM »

Anyway we could get the latest source code? I'm trying to migrate away from windows (into linux) and having a really outdated version of GDN is annoying.
Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #718 on: November 10, 2011, 07:37:02 PM »

we really need gecko.net´s newest source code, but dcx2 doesn´t seem to bother with it... not giving us the chance to mess with it, while he retired from updating anything. I don´t see the actual point at doing so. Isn´t sharing progress? The app still has some glitches that are worth to be fixed. Undecided
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:43:25 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #719 on: November 18, 2011, 06:58:21 PM »

I just updated to the newest Gecko.NET from using r115 for the longest time, and I went to test if saving a loading searches finally work and I got this error message when I tried to load the search I just saved

object reference not set to an instance of an object

details v
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at GeckoApp.MemSearch.PrintPageAlt()
   at GeckoApp.MemSearch.UpdateGridViewPage(Boolean ResizeGridView)
   at GeckoApp.MainForm.buttonLoadSearch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3625 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Gecko dNet
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase:

file:///E:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HP/My%20Documents/Wii%20homebrew/game%20hacking%20utilities/Wiird%20%26%20Gecko%20.NET/Gec

ko%20dNet.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3623 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3624 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Also I noticed it now has a pointer search tab, does that have a max offset limit? if so what is it?

If there's any code at all that you want to be button activated, or even able to toggle on & off, and I have the game, just PM me and I'll make it happen
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: