Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 10:18:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 52
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko dotNET Bugs and Requests  (Read 120214 times)
Patedj
Hacker

« Reply #510 on: July 11, 2011, 07:08:18 AM »

Am I the only one that can't load cheats with .8?

You can pm me, I've got time for your troubles.
Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #511 on: July 11, 2011, 07:25:06 PM »

All these bugs occured while using the "load RAM Dump" feature (without a USB Gecko, obviously)
2 - 3 of these were already mentioned, but not fixed, yet.
Here´s the little collection list:

- switchting to the watch list tab often crashes the app, if no USB Gecko is connected ("geckodotnet doesn´t work anymore")
the watch list causes problems, but I guess you already know that...

- trying to load "call stack" without being in a breakpoint gives an error extension (It would be nice to put a message like "must be in a breakpoint to load call stack" instead of the error extention though)

- F2/XoR Calculator is disabled, if no USB Gecko is connected

- Mem. Viewer adjusts the font size, if one switches to another tab and back (if this is done, the loading time of the memory viewer takes a bit longer than normal)
It should be font 8 as default right away, in my opinion

- If I start a memory viewer search with no input, it gives a crash message

- If I press "ctrl" and click onto an address in the memory viewer, it gives an error extension (lol, I know that one needs to press shift to add an address to the memory viewer. Anyway...)

- disassembler search bug:
if I search for e.g. "stw" it will proceed to the next result and it´s doing a good job. But if I search e.g. lwz r5, 876 (r31) it locks up and nothing happens,
even though there are some instructions like the example one quite near to the address where I started the search. It sometimes says "Could not find search query" if there ARE corresponding results above/below the address, though.

Request:
- Adding "Pointer 1/2/3" task to the context menu if one rightclicks an address on
any tab. It should then switch to the Pointer tab and fill in that address. Ready to do a Pointer dump! Cheesy
It´s basically like what WiiRd GUI had just that three Pointers are now supported.

P.S.
Thanks for supporting other codeshandlers now!

I also attached some *new* error extension files.
I can´t test with my Gecko since I´m not at home yet.

* Error Logs (without USB Gecko Connection).rar (2.67 KB - downloaded 41 times.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:28:01 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...
http://bullywiihacks.com/

My youtube account with a lot of hacking videos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/BullyWiiPlaza

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #512 on: July 11, 2011, 07:44:48 PM »

I'll look into these, and the others from page 34.  My hacking laptop decided to start blue screening at the logon screen, so I have to get it fixed first.

Regarding the disassembly search bug, the problem is that you're using lwz r5,876(r31), with a *space* between lwz and r5.  However, the actual disassembly text has a *tab* between lwz and r5.  If you copy and paste a tab character from notepad, it will work.  I've been meaning to come up with a way to treat tabs and spaces the same.  If you really need to work around it, check the Regex Search checkbox on about tab, then go back to the disassembly search and use regex instead.

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #513 on: July 12, 2011, 10:13:25 AM »

If you copy and paste a tab character from notepad, it will work.
k, that should work then Smiley
Is it possible to fix the lock up though? Some people just need to not pay attention and the app locks up due to wrong ascii.
I once lost a few codes, because they generally don´t get saved in the end if you close the crashed app with task manager. I couldn´t get to the gct tab to save them anymore shocked

---

- Adding a code to the GCT tab while using RAM Dumps always puts 00000000 as it´s value instead of the one that is in memory

- Completely deleting a code from the GCT tab without removing the code name doesn´t save it as "blank code".  If you switch back to that code, it is still there instead of being gone (appears on RAM Dumps and USB Gecko Users)

e.g. my code is 04123456 00000000, I clear it that there´s nothing left and switch to another code and back to that code, it shows 04123456 00000000, even though, it was removed before.

- "Adding 0´s to fill up codes" messes up codes, if the code format was not correct or if "non hex" numbers were used. (appears on RAM Dumps and USB Gecko Users) What about allowing variables to be saved in codes or what about removing the "adding 0´s part"?
It´s not cool to have codes lines moved up/down, if you accidentally didn´t get the format/numbers right somewhere in the code. If it does the intended thing, it´s no problem at all. Unfortunately, it mostly doesn´t.

Pictures:
Spoiler for Hiden:

EDIT:

- I noticed that the memory viewer "remembers" the last address you retrieved after the app was closed. The disassembler however does always start at 80000000 or 9XXXXXXX (or at a random address?) and not at the last one that was viewed there. Therefore, it would be cool if the disassembler also "remembers" the last address...

---

Take your time and good luck with fixing your "hacktop" Grin
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:40:19 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #514 on: July 13, 2011, 12:48:09 AM »

Losing codes; I am in the habit of pressing Save Codes every time I add a code to the list.  It's a good habit.  Maybe I should hotkey ctrl+s to be save codes.

Deleting GCT codes to blank codes; I think I noticed this once.  If you delete the code and press Save Codes, it will store the blank code.  I actually kinda like it, as it's a form of protection against accidentally deleting a code unintentionally.

Adding 0's; the way the code is written, a code line MUST be 8 hex digits, a space, and 8 hex digits.  Everything else will get stripped out during a save.  The codes must be saved in a manner which can be sent to Gecko OS.  What would happen if you hit Send Codes while you had a line with XXXXXXXX?  If you want to mark a variable, you could use EEEEEEEE.  At least it's a valid hex word.

Disassembler remembers the address for me.  I did see it go to MEM2 once or twice, and I never knew why.

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #515 on: July 13, 2011, 07:41:33 PM »

I must be boreing you to death with my bugs posts Embarrassed
Well, here´s some more again.  rolleyes

- Starting an "Up" Disassembly Search if address 80000000 is selected -> error EDIT: extention exception (probably because there is no upper address)

I understood how to do proper disassembly searches now btw.
It´s just that you need to use the copy function in the context menu.

- Mem90 Dump recognision bug:
If a mem90 dump is loaded, it is *just* loaded into the mem80 part of the Memory Viewer. Therefore the problem arises that you only have access until mem818.

If one then checks Mem90 for contents (after a Mem90 dump was loaded), everything is completely empty.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:47:39 AM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #516 on: July 13, 2011, 07:49:26 PM »

I don't mind bug posts.  I rely on the community to do my QA testing.

When you say "extention", I think you mean exception.

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #517 on: July 14, 2011, 05:46:32 AM »

When you say "extention", I think you mean exception.
yes, my fault.
That word doesn´t even exist Tongue

EDIT:

- If one uses the "copy" context menu function on tasks that are empty, it throws an error exception (tested on Disassembly)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 07:14:45 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #518 on: July 18, 2011, 12:27:42 PM »

While using RAM Dumps:

Disassembler (Context Menu):
- "Copy All Frames" -> error exception
- "get SRR0 here" -> error exception
- "Copy" on empty address field -> error exception
- "Copy History" or "Cut History" when history is empty -> error exception

Breakpoint (COndition Window):
- "Copy" or "Copy all" on empty field -> error exception
- "Paste" with wrong input format -> error exception

GCT Tab:
- "Disable Code Lines" + "Enable Code Lines" on empty codeslist -> -> error exception

---

- I´d like to be able to add hex AND dec offsets at will (since ASM uses decimal and pointers use hex) For now, the offset adds "hex values"
- Could you plz also make any of the memory patches (th/rx bug patch, codes sending patch) that geckodotnet applies optional in the about tab?

Thx a lot, if you appreciate looking into these.
The application is REALLY good for now, there´s almost nothing left to improve. Azn
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 12:31:34 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #519 on: July 24, 2011, 06:49:22 PM »

- GDN Zombie process

1.) game crashed
2.) app almost locked up, it takes some seconds to execute the close command
3.) it always asks: "Want to save codes?" (but I´m pretty sure that I mostly saved it by myself before)
4.) It closes but seems to remain open when viewing processes in task manager (the annoying thing is that it keeps playing the information sound from windows, probably because it wants to say that it couldn´t connect to the USB Gecko)
If it isn´t completely closed, one can´t open another one and connect to the game as far as I know.

annoying thing... Shocked
I can´t imagine that it never happens for anyone else.

btw. I used version 0.65.8 fyI
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 06:51:27 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
Arudo
Crazier-than-thou

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ щ(゚Д゚щ)

« Reply #520 on: July 24, 2011, 06:56:42 PM »

Actually, that happens to me too when a game crashes.

-Crazy Hacker Hates You All (definitely)-

ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Do NOT PM me about Code Requests

Pro-tip: Hit the Applaud Button

Oh? Failed to read the rules? You're already dead.
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #521 on: July 26, 2011, 02:51:49 AM »

Wow, that's kinda old, you don't even have the pointer tab.  You might want to update, it probably solves most of your problems.  I have to release a new version today or tomorrow because 0.66 has some issues saving codes, so I recommend 0.65.8.

"different by less than 2" does not mean what you think it means.  It means anything different by +1, 0, or -1.  You want "different by 2".  That will find stuff that changes by +2 or -2.  Then you click Add in the Search Groups.  This creates a new search condition, and you can change this one to "less than".  The two conditions together will then get everything that changed by -2.

The number in ()'s is the total number of groups.  The number in the up-down spinner is the currently displayed search condition.  Spin this number up and down, and you'll see the two conditions.

EDIT:

I will look into making Restart Search reset the search type and condition back to specific and equal, although I'll leave the data type alone.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 02:59:24 AM by dcx2 » Logged

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #522 on: July 26, 2011, 03:19:51 AM »

Click the latest test build link in my sig.  I just uploaded 0.66.1 which should fix the issue I just found.

The major new search features compared to WiiRDGUI are:

Complete search history (the spinners above Old and New).  This allows you to scroll through each previous search result to see how an address changed over the searches.  These numbers also correspond to the New and Old column in the Search Conditions.  You could use Old (1) to, for example, do "equal to first".

View Mode - you can change this to decimal and single (single = float).

The search columns are sortable.  This includes the Diff column.  Individuals entries are delete-able so you can "prune" your search results.

The Data Type dropdown also supports Single searches, so you can search for floats as if they were floats.

Load Search can be used to recover a previous search even if Gecko.NET crashed.  Look in the DumpHistory folder.

Search Groups allow you to place multiple conditions on search results.  For instance, you could do less than 9 for one and not equal to 0 for the second.  This would show all results that were 1-9.  Any "equals" condition can be true for a result to show up; all other conditions that aren't "equals" must be true for a result to show up.

EDIT:

0.66 fixed the "constantly pester you about saving GCT", and it also fixed the disassembler remembering addresses.  In fact it auto-saves GCT so you don't have to worry.  And it also keeps a history of every GCT ever saved so you can't lose codes.

One of my plans is to sense when you're in GameCube mode and prevent MEM2 access.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:25:32 AM by dcx2 » Logged

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #523 on: July 26, 2011, 11:07:55 AM »

what´s different in the RAM when hacking a Wii and GCN game?
Is there something at the beginning of mem80 like the game ID that indicates the game type?

---

When the game crashed, gecko.NET gets slowed down by a lot.
Would it be possible to prevent that?
Sometimes, you still want to do things with it while rebooting before connection to the game is up again.

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #524 on: July 26, 2011, 12:35:06 PM »

When I lose connection and I try to do something like view memory or disasm, I get a yes/no error message.  I click no, sometimes twice, and it stays disconnected.  If you know the game crashed you could try pressing Disconnect before doing anything else.  If you accidentally hit yes instead, you can click cancel connection.

EDIT:

If you unplug the USB from the PC, it should instantly time out instead of slowly timing out.

GameCube game IDs begin with G.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:40:16 PM by dcx2 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: