Codes
WiiRd forum
March 29, 2024, 01:43:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 52
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko dotNET Bugs and Requests  (Read 120231 times)
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #210 on: July 12, 2010, 04:05:08 PM »

DUH!  I can't believe I forgot that.  After a search runs, the result is compressed using DotNetZip (free and open source).  I was supposed to investigate post-build events and ILMerge so I wouldn't need to distribute an additional file...but I was too eager to distribute the new build.

For anyone else who has problems searching, you can use this copy of Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll

BTW Panda, you don't need Visual Studio.  If you go to the folder where Gecko.NET is running from, you will see GDNdebug.log, and in it should be a copy of any exception that gets thrown, as well as a date/time when it happened, and the Call Stack that generated the Exception.

Panda On Smack
Hacker

« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2010, 04:27:08 PM »

No worries Smiley
Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #212 on: July 25, 2010, 08:40:54 PM »

- yeah searches are compressed as zip files, and they can´t be loaded... (Nothing happens, when you press Load Search)
- It would be useful, if you could include this: "The same as the value 2 searches before"
  Because e.g. if you want to make an item hack and got a fake box.
  You search unknown value, then if you got a banana, you should search unequal.
  But if your third item is a fake box again, you would like to say:
  "The same value as 2 searches before"
  Got me? Smiley I hope it´s possible... best would be, to select, how much searches you want to go back with the "equal value search".
  Finding values will be easier... shocked
- Ability, to check geckocodes.net for codes for the running game and puts the codes in the gct codes tab, if you want it this way.
  ---> specific button to do that
  (Easier to check the made codes, and no long copying of codes)
  It should be stored as an extra wmg file, that it won´t overwrite your codes!
- history for the disassembler that you can get the original instruction back, if you forgot to copy it and overwrote it.
  Otherwise you sometimes need to restart, to work on Roll Eyes

Greets Bully! Shocked
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:43:58 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...
http://bullywiihacks.com/

My youtube account with a lot of hacking videos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/BullyWiiPlaza

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2010, 11:29:19 PM »

Bully -

Save/Load search will probably disappear soon.  They were made obsolete as part of the search history stuff.  Most of your other suggestions seem to be handled by the search history thing...use the spinners above the New and Old columns to go back and look at or compare against previous search results.

Scrolling New will adjust the search result address list to match the value you scrolled to.  Scrolling Old will keep the current search result address list, and flip back through old searches.

I've also considered integrated support with the code database, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I like the idea of the disassembler history.  I think if I dumped a compressed copy of the MEM1 contents when Gecko.NET is loaded, the "history" could just look at the original value.  Though this feature would get foiled by games that only keep a few chunks of ASM in memory at a time.

---

Mathew - That's much more clear.  You want the value in the New column to be pre-loaded as the value when you create a new code.  I'll get that in the next test build.

wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2010, 02:16:28 PM »

Save/Load search will probably disappear soon.  They were made obsolete as part of the search history stuff.

Is search history kept even after closing Gecko.NET?

If there's any code at all that you want to be button activated, or even able to toggle on & off, and I have the game, just PM me and I'll make it happen
Deathwolf
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2010, 02:27:15 PM »

dcx2 please can u change the size in memory viewer of values?
like a size modifier^^
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 02:30:58 PM by Deathwolf » Logged

lolz
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2010, 02:35:41 PM »

They're not deleted, but they are recycled every time you start a new search.  I have 14 dumps right now in the history and they're 20 MB total...so I didn't think about deleting them.  I was also considering a temporary sub-folder for those kinds of files (and logs etc) to keep the main folder a bit cleaner.

There is no support for loading a previously abandoned search history, though if there's interest I could probably wing it.

wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2010, 05:18:34 PM »

There is no support for loading a previously abandoned search history, though if there's interest I could probably wing it.

Well the reason I used to save searches with WiiRd is in case the it crashed or if I wanted to resume a search later, WiiRd had 10 number'd searches you could save. I liked how Gecko.NET allowed you to have an unlimited number and allowed you to name them something meaningfull, now with r91 it seems the save search button if it even does anything doesn't allow you to name the search anymore. Is this removed support or a bug?

Anyways I have a few bugs to report

• I haven't used it much yet but everytime I do searches with r91 the status bar eventually gets stuck between 0 and 100 percent, even though the search and subsequent searches seem to finish fine, it's not purely a cosmetic problem however as it renders Gecko.NET incapable of restarting the search

• "skipped" only records instructions skipped when you set a breakpoint with conditions, not when you step into, or step until

If there's any code at all that you want to be button activated, or even able to toggle on & off, and I have the game, just PM me and I'll make it happen
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2010, 06:14:23 PM »

r94 is out, btw.  A few minor improvements, like a Show Mem context menu

Yes, save and load buttons were disabled when Undo Search was added back in r85.  This is something I would have to add back, as the search functions have undergone major changes to support things like Undo Search and Search History.

I hear your concern about crashing, but as of r90 the search is crash-proof resistant.  You can unplug the USB Gecko, plug it back in, and continue the search.

I'm not sure what you mean by being incapable of restarting the search.  When it recovers from an exception, I think the search progress bar will re-start from 0.  Is this what you're talking about?  Does it gray out the Restart Search button until you do another search?  Do the search indexes keep counting normally?

I'll look into making Step Until count the Skipped Instructions up, but it will have to wait until after I promote r94 to official.

wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2010, 07:07:33 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by being incapable of restarting the search.  When it recovers from an exception, I think the search progress bar will re-start from 0.  Is this what you're talking about?  Does it gray out the Restart Search button until you do another search?  Do the search indexes keep counting normally?

There is no error message the progress bar(not the search itself) gets stuck at around 70-80 percent and the restart search is gray'd out no matter what you do, besides that everything is normal

wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2010, 08:59:45 PM »

Ok I just tried r94 and it gives me a "Gecko.NET has encountered a problem and needs to close" message when a write breakpoint triggers at 8102C29C in prince of persia the forgotten sands. I tried another address to break on and it didn't cause Gecko.NET to crash. judging by a similar code I made the instruction at 8102C29C is probably a stwx

I just checked with r91 and it is a stxw and I think the problem is related to the show mem context menu
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 09:03:32 PM by wiiztec » Logged

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2010, 03:09:39 AM »

Yeah, it's related to Show Mem, I tried to add support for all the memory operations but I messed up the indexed load/stores.  I found that bug earlier today while trying to hack some RE4.  I'll be releasing something tonight that fixes the stwx type stuff.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 03:16:45 AM by dcx2 » Logged

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2010, 10:44:41 PM »

wiiztec, I am unable to replicate the search-stall bug.  So I can't address it.  If you run into it again or you come up with any more details, I can try to find it again.

giantpune
Hacker

« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2010, 04:18:44 AM »

I found a bug using r95 on windows XP x64.  The program crashes if you try to open its built-in notepad and there is no game ID.  To reproduce it...

1) eject any game from your wii
2) start geckoOS
3) start the rebooter.  it says "rebooting...  no disc inserted" or something like that.  then the system menu comes up.
4) start geckodotnet.exe r95.  it starts as normal.  the title bar just says "Gecko dotNET()" as there is no game ID for it to read.
5) click the "open notepad" button.
6)
Spoiler for Hiden:
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   at GeckoApp.NoteSheets.Show(String gameID)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Gecko dNet
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/vmware_wiishit/geckoDotNET/Gecko%20dNet%20r95.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

7) its not a fatal error, as i can just click continue and it keeps on chugging, but it cant open up the notepad and keep notes for debugging the system menu
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2010, 02:20:31 PM »

Mathew - I think multi-poke is a 32-bit thing only...I'll have to double check.

The more important issue is lost searches.  I tried to make it so you can unplug the USB Gecko during a search, plug it back in, and continue searching.  Are you doing anything to cause the disconnect, or is it at random?  Can you go into the GDNdebug.log file and see what exception you're getting?

giantpune - I will look into the notepad thing.  It should be a relatively simple fix.  Thanks for the Exception text...the stack trace is the most important thing anyone can provide.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: