Codes
WiiRd forum
March 29, 2024, 09:07:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 52
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko dotNET Bugs and Requests  (Read 120223 times)
wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2010, 12:24:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure ctrl+c and ctrl+v will work.  I just didn't add Copy and Paste to the context menu.  And that's weird that the copy/paste-history doesn't work, because I know I tested it.  But I'll re-test it again.  And what do you mean by "automatic"?  The text boxes have an automatic history mode, but I hesitated to have it on by default.  I could make Gecko.NET remember the address boxes' automatic history settings...

Could you put them back on the context menu? I keep openinf it expecting copy & paste to be there and then having to close it and use ctrl-c/ctrl-v. What I meant by automatic was like how a web browser remembers your frequently visited sites either by a dropdown box of choices or filling in the rest of the address bar for you like when I type in y my browser automaticly assumes youtube

That makes sense, because it only saves what's in the Search Results.  The first Unknown search that you perform doesn't show any Search Results, so it has nothing to save, even though you did a search.  I can look into making this also save the first Unknown search, but it will be kinda low priority.

I meant after multiple searches I would never save after the first unknown search, I also meant that if you load a saved unknown search and then continue it by a specific value search it will work, but if you try to continue it by an unknown search it will just start a new search, the same is true of saved specific value searches.

If there's any code at all that you want to be button activated, or even able to toggle on & off, and I have the game, just PM me and I'll make it happen
wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2010, 03:23:08 AM »

I get the feeling that sometimes the communication with the USB Gecko is not error free.  This also applies to WiiRDGUI...have you ever been skipping a bunch of breakpoints and it just suddenly stops for no reason, and you have to hit Set Breakpoint again to get it started?

I forgot to say that the disconnects almost never happen to me with WiiRD, Gecko.NET disconnects just from prolonged periods of inactivity

I have experienced some odd behavior with breakpoints with both WiiRd and Gecko.NET but the don't usually cause a disconnect, the problem you described goes away after waiting a bit

If there's any code at all that you want to be button activated, or even able to toggle on & off, and I have the game, just PM me and I'll make it happen
wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2010, 12:40:22 PM »

Setting breakpoint conditions does does not work in r70 clicking add does nothing

also I noticed that the conversion of float to hex rounds the result it would be great to have an option on the tool tab or something to make them rounded or absolute

giantpune
Hacker

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2010, 09:02:01 PM »

ive just tried to get this to work in windows 7 and im not having any luck.  ive set up the usb gecko from the old ass drivers on the CD.  everything appears fine in the device manager.  when i start geckodotnet, it just hangs.  if i force close it, i can get this text that may say exactly why it is hanging.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Description:
  A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   AppHangB1
  Application Name:   Gecko dNet r71.exe
  Application Version:   1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4be3856e
  Hang Signature:   4f5a
  Hang Type:   256
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Hang Signature 1:   4f5a6f51b9638756a8f9edaf073ce0ef
  Additional Hang Signature 2:   3325
  Additional Hang Signature 3:   33252ca15ec4bb98b372497709fbe858
  Additional Hang Signature 4:   4f5a
  Additional Hang Signature 5:   4f5a6f51b9638756a8f9edaf073ce0ef
  Additional Hang Signature 6:   3325
  Additional Hang Signature 7:   33252ca15ec4bb98b372497709fbe858

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

its all greek to me, but maybe it helps
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2010, 09:36:01 PM »

Do you have 64-bit Windows 7?  The drivers on the CD are probably 32-bit and won't work.

Also, try the official release instead of r71, but I doubt that will change much.

Oh, btw, make sure you aren't running WiiRDGUI at the same time.  That might cause Gecko.NET to hang, because WiiRDGUI has exclusive control of the virtual serial port.

Skiller
Codemaster Skiller
Hacker

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2010, 04:07:39 AM »

ive just tried to get this to work in windows 7 and im not having any luck.  ive set up the usb gecko from the old ass drivers on the CD.  everything appears fine in the device manager.  when i start geckodotnet, it just hangs.  if i force close it, i can get this text that may say exactly why it is hanging.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Description:
  A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   AppHangB1
  Application Name:   Gecko dNet r71.exe
  Application Version:   1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4be3856e
  Hang Signature:   4f5a
  Hang Type:   256
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Hang Signature 1:   4f5a6f51b9638756a8f9edaf073ce0ef
  Additional Hang Signature 2:   3325
  Additional Hang Signature 3:   33252ca15ec4bb98b372497709fbe858
  Additional Hang Signature 4:   4f5a
  Additional Hang Signature 5:   4f5a6f51b9638756a8f9edaf073ce0ef
  Additional Hang Signature 6:   3325
  Additional Hang Signature 7:   33252ca15ec4bb98b372497709fbe858

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

its all greek to me, but maybe it helps

WIn 7 Auto installs the best drivers for it .. iv never had to use the CD even when i was on vista Tongue
once u plug in USBgecko it Auto Detects and gets u the best drivers ..
the only thing i can seem to find is Geckoreader i cant seem to get it to work it cant detect the Gecko since i cant change the Coms . or anything like that ..
giantpune
Hacker

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2010, 05:25:38 AM »

windows 7 didnt auto install any drivers for it.  i tried several times.  i even went to the ftdi website and got the latest ones from them ( both the normal ones and the VPC ones) .  with the drivers from that site, i can enumerate the port based on the chip ID and access the gecko fine and send data to and from it , so it is at least part way working.  but for some reason geckodotnet doesnt like something about the setup.
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2010, 05:38:08 AM »

hmm...I think Gecko.NET might make certain assumptions about how the USB Gecko connects to the PC.  Having installed multiple drivers, the right USB Gecko connection might be pushed back, somehow.  I'll take a look into the connection stuff.

What are you using to connect to it successfully?

Skiller
Codemaster Skiller
Hacker

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2010, 06:12:38 AM »

windows 7 didnt auto install any drivers for it.  i tried several times.  i even went to the ftdi website and got the latest ones from them ( both the normal ones and the VPC ones) .  with the drivers from that site, i can enumerate the port based on the chip ID and access the gecko fine and send data to and from it , so it is at least part way working.  but for some reason geckodotnet doesnt like something about the setup.

WHat version of Win7 u using .. i have win7 Pro 64bit and its setting up the drivers auto

FTDI
22/10/2009
Version: 2.6.0.0
USB Serial Converter

alows me to use Wiird and Gecko dot net ..
anyway to put GeckoReader into the Gecko dot Net app ?
giantpune
Hacker

« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2010, 09:34:26 AM »

ive got win7 pro x64 also and it doesnt get the drivers itself here.  i got the FTDi driver version 2.6.2.0 from their website and installed it manually.

EDIT>>>

ok, well i figured out part of the issue.  it was half user error, half a bug in the program.  Smiley
i had turned off the option to load the debugger in geckoOS.  so at least for me, geckodotnet is completely unresponsive if the debugger is not loaded.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 10:00:02 AM by giantpune » Logged
wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2010, 07:50:21 PM »

Gecko.NET basicly IS the debugger

wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2010, 08:16:08 PM »

When you set a read breakpoint on a file name and then cancel it and try to go to the memviewer if it's currently at the location of said file name it will freeze the game & Gecko.NET and then give an error message about loosing connection with the gecko, when you reconnect it will take you to the memviewer tab but the game will still be frozen, if you click run game the same thing will happen when you try to go back to the breakpoint tab except the game will unfreeze

Also step over doesn't work

And the single line control for memviewer has a problem similar to the one the whole page control had, I noticed this after being brought to an address by clicking show mem in the breakpoint tab
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:55:16 PM by wiiztec » Logged

Romaap
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2010, 12:03:32 AM »

When you set a read breakpoint on a file name and then cancel it and try to go to the memviewer if it's currently at the location of said file name it will freeze the game & Gecko.NET and then give an error message about loosing connection with the gecko, when you reconnect it will take you to the memviewer tab but the game will still be frozen, if you click run game the same thing will happen when you try to go back to the breakpoint tab except the game will unfreeze

Also step over doesn't work
I've had the same problems

Setting a read (or read/write) breakpoint and, canceling it and then going to the memory viewer will result in Gecko.NET losing connection.
The game will be paused (maybe because Gecko.NET itself will trigger the breakpoint?) and Gecko.NET will bring up 2 popups about reconnecting.

I can also confirm the step over bug.

Also, the step out function steps through the code until it sees "blr", but wouldn't it be faster to set a breakpoint on the LR?
giantpune
Hacker

« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2010, 01:01:25 AM »

Gecko.NET basicly IS the debugger

geckodotnet is only half of the setup.  this program by itself cannot debug anything.  theres a engine running on the wii that it talks to.  if i start a game through geckoOS with the setting that says "load debugger" turned off then geckodotnet is unresponsive.
wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2010, 01:38:49 AM »

That's what I meant by basicly, the debugger is that engine

I got the impression that you expected Gecko.NET to work with the debugger option off, am I wrong?

the debugger option is for WiiRd/Gecko.NET it tells the Gecko to send information to your PC so it can be recieved by WiiRd/Gecko.NET

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: