Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 07:35:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko dotNET release thread (version 0.65 now!)  (Read 80656 times)
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #330 on: July 26, 2011, 03:10:32 AM »

Gecko.NET 0.66.1 (Don't use 0.66.0)

http://geckowii.googlecode.com/files/Gecko dNet 0.66.1.zip

Fixed GCT save bug.  New codes could be created, but existing codes could not be modified

When connecting, the Gecko OS breakpoint handler will be automatically installed if it has not been installed already.  This will allow Gecko.NET to catch game crashes without having to set a breakpoint first.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:27:05 AM by dcx2 » Logged

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #331 on: July 31, 2011, 11:45:45 PM »

Gecko.NET 0.66.2

-removed-

disable mem2 when in GameCube mode

MemView now shows ASCII for selected cell below the float value

fix ASCII to hex in context menus

memview selected address jumping when changing tabs

textbox that doesn't get 0-filled to add GCT code line

cheats sent to status bar

16-/8-bit poke reads the right value

16-/8-bit multi poke works correctly

multi-poke using value from new or old col.  Make the Poke Value NEW or OLD and it will read the value from the corresponding dump.  Also works for single poke

all multi-poke improvements work for serial poke too

fixed initialization bugs that might cause zombie proc or locked up the USB Gecko

driver version detection and update link in Tools tab if driver is out-dated
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:53:27 AM by dcx2 » Logged

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #332 on: August 01, 2011, 05:52:06 AM »

Gecko.NET 0.66.3

-removed- context menu memview shortcut bug

The zip file for 0.66.2 contained the 0.66.1 exe file.  Sad  0.66.3 has the real update.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:33:34 AM by dcx2 » Logged

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #333 on: August 02, 2011, 04:32:23 AM »

Gecko.NET 0.66.4

http://geckowii.googlecode.com/files/Gecko dNet 0.66.4.zip

- fixed context menu memview shortcuts
- fixed up/down/pageup/pagedown for memviewgrid
- fixed memview scrollbar detection of the bottom

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #334 on: August 04, 2011, 04:24:45 AM »

Gecko.NET 0.66.5

http://geckowii.googlecode.com/files/Gecko dNet 0.66.5.zip

- fixed memview context menu add offset

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #335 on: August 08, 2011, 04:41:43 AM »

Gecko.NET 0.66.6

http://geckowii.googlecode.com/files/Gecko dNet 0.66.6.zip

-memview update button fix
-connect button fix
-improved classic "next frame" (i.e. BPNext unchecked) so it always steps forward by only one frame.  This makes BPNext mostly obsolete now
-GCT tab Active Lines properly calculates size of 1932 code handler code list (smaller than 1931, changes in size depending on how many C2 codes were sent)
-another debugger patch - invalidate and flush all bytes from exireceivebuffer (both 1931 and 1932), this fixes problems with sending some C0 codes which would crash the game.

A little bit of background on the new debugger patch.  One problem with C2 codes is that their branches weren't written immediately after they were uploaded.  So I made a debugger patch that runs the code handler after uploading codes, so that the C2 code branches are always correct.  This ended up creating a new problem - when you send C0 codes, the code handler executes them immediately now, but the data/instruction cache were not properly flushed so the game would crash when it tried to execute with the stale cache.  This wasn't a problem without the C2 debugger patch, because the game would execute one frame before executing the code handler, which would naturally force the cache to be flushed.

Funny how a debugger patch to fix one problem ended up creating another.  Either way, it's all good now, C0 codes and C2 codes won't cause crashing.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:43:32 AM by dcx2 » Logged

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #336 on: August 14, 2011, 09:56:33 PM »

Gecko.NET 0.66.7

http://geckowii.googlecode.com/files/Gecko dNet 0.66.7.zip

- Fixed MEM2 protection so that you can see it while debugging channels
- MemView auto-update only updates when looking at MemView tab
- MemView tab is rearranged a bit to make room...
- MemView Selected Address will now go to that address if you press enter in that textbox
- MemView Selected Address history can be actively scrolled through using up/down arrow keys
- Double click an addresstextbox to add its contents to the history automatically
- addresstextbox cut/copy/paste stuff works correctly now
- Data textboxes can now take up to 10 digits for doing conversions, but remember that when its value gets used it must be an 8 (or 4 or 2) digit hex value.
- Loading GCT list the first time isn't slow anymore

- exisendbyteAA protection (I think this should stop some connection problems like e.g. MH3 loading screen freeze)

- Renamed Search Groups to be Multi-Search instead
- Search result context menu now makes correct New GCT Codes for 8- and 16-bit

---

- Patch debugger to support extra PowerPC exceptions!  The Program and ISI exceptions will now be caught by the code handler.  This should allow you to recover from more crashes.  What are these?

ISI exception happens when an instruction can't be fetched.  Let's say something terrible happens and somehow the game tries to branch to a memory address that doesn't exist.  Before, you would get a hard freeze and Gecko.NET would lose communication with the Wii.  Now, you can go to the BP tab and hit Step Into and it will show you what caused the ISI exception.

Program Exception is any time a fetched instruction cannot be executed.  For instance, before if it would fetch .word 0x00000000, it would crash and lose communication.  Now, you will get a Program Exception and BP tab Step Into will take you to the illegal instruction.

Program Exceptions are also useful for other reasons.  There is an instruction called trap.  trap will automatically cause a Program Exception.

You could in theory use trap to set up multiple XBP's.  Change all of the instructions you want to BP on to trap.  Then, when any of them are executed, the game will hit that BP.  You will have to restore the original instruction in order for the game to continue execution.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:58:32 PM by dcx2 » Logged

dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #337 on: August 21, 2011, 04:23:38 AM »

Gecko.NET 0.66.8

http://geckowii.googlecode.com/files/Gecko dNet 0.66.8.zip

-fixed memview scrollbar (you're welcome Stuff)
-fixed 1932 send codes crash (you're welcome Bully)
-move unpatched debugger notification to the Tools tab (you're welcome Deathwolf); it tells you what code handler you're using now.  You want 1931 or 1932.  Other values are bad
-Wii crash notification with prompt for switching to BP tab
-auto-reset code handler prompt if the crash happened inside of it
-1931 patch: skip code handler if at breakpoint; can now debug codes that crash the code handler (e.g. C0 code that crashes)

---

To see an example of the new 1931 and 1932 patches, send the following C0 code.

C0000000 00000001
00000000 4E800020

This will cause a crash on .word 0x00000000 in the code handler.  1931 and sometimes 1932 would fail hard on this code.  But with the new patches, once you send the code, you'll get notified that the Wii crashed and it will ask if you want it to switch to the BP tab.  If you say yes, it will show you the instruction that crashed.  Since a C0 code is in the code handler, it will also ask if you want to reset the code handler.  You should say no this time (because it was a code crash) but sometimes you might want to say yes (if it was a debugger crash).  Go to disasm tab and nop the .word 0x00000000.  Then the game will recover.

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #338 on: September 24, 2011, 02:10:41 PM »

Gecko.NET 0.66.9

http://jafile.com/uploads/wiiplaza/gecko_dnet.exe

- fixed typo "No USB Gecko connection availible"

At least it´s done now...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:16:50 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...
http://bullywiihacks.com/

My youtube account with a lot of hacking videos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/BullyWiiPlaza

~Bully
Patedj
Hacker

« Reply #339 on: December 22, 2012, 12:15:21 AM »

Hey guys I'm back. I understand that this has stopped moving forwards. Bully, have you worked on this more? Have you put your magic to use more? Anybody else? It seems that I'll have to make another post to inspire more work to be done on this almost perfect program.

You can pm me, I've got time for your troubles.
NoHack2Win
Super
Hacker

FTW hackers, beware!!!

« Reply #340 on: December 22, 2012, 04:43:23 AM »

Hey guys I'm back. I understand that this has stopped moving forwards. Bully, have you worked on this more? Have you put your magic to use more? Anybody else? It seems that I'll have to make another post to inspire more work to be done on this almost perfect program.

I PM'd dcx2 a little while back and he said he'll release the updated source code for Gecko.NET. He said he'll try to work on it during the holiday break. So, after it gets released, maybe the project will move forward again... Hopefully...  tongue

------------------------------------------------------------------------
My username on MKW is NoHack2Win. I usually play around 7pm-10pm CST mostly weekends.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/7NewHope7
*I have a USB Gecko SE! =D
Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #341 on: December 23, 2012, 04:52:36 PM »

The show must continue Grin
Btw. I can only do text fixes for now, nothing else (hexeditor *cough*)

My Wii hacking site...
http://bullywiihacks.com/

My youtube account with a lot of hacking videos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/BullyWiiPlaza

~Bully
Panda On Smack
Hacker

« Reply #342 on: April 04, 2013, 03:12:11 PM »

I use VS 2012 Premium so I can open the project and build it etc if needed?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:02:01 PM by Panda On Smack » Logged
biolizard89
Hacker

passport.10.biolizard89@spamgourmet.com biolizard89 biolizard89
« Reply #343 on: April 11, 2013, 11:33:37 PM »

Any progress on getting the source posted?
wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #344 on: February 15, 2014, 12:11:20 AM »

I remember when I updated to 0.66.8 from whatever I was using before their was a massive increase of how fast the dissembler tab would skip unmet breakpoint conditions, what version was this first implemented in? Another speed increase like that and it might be possible to isolate an individual read/write from/to a stack address

If there's any code at all that you want to be button activated, or even able to toggle on & off, and I have the game, just PM me and I'll make it happen
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]
  Print  

Jump to: