Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 07:24:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: WiiRd 0.9.3  (Read 22339 times)
Link
that dev there

I hate everyone in this community. Except for you!

« on: April 15, 2009, 08:03:38 AM »

See the blog: http://wiird.l0nk.org/wp/archives/54

Mostly an update to make it compatible to Gecko 1.8 - please comment if things are not working here.
WiiRd 0.9.2 is still online in case 0.9.3 is giving problems at http://wiird.l0nk.org/wrd0.9.2-bin.zip .

So do not expect major updates, it's just a roll-up!

Full Metal Kirby
Liquid Metal Member
Hacker

Liquid Metal Member

kyleegli@msn.com FullMetalKirby69
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 07:42:11 PM »

I've been meaning to ask, since it's been getting a tad bothersome, but would it be possible to update the GUI's coloring for certain objects to use system colors instead of black? Since for me when I want to use it I have to switch my background color from black to white, which is quite bothersome.

To be exact on what all is always black text regardless of system colors (for me on Windows XP anyways):
[Code Search]
  • All radio buttons
  • Memory Range dropdown

[Memory View]
  • The value under 'Floating Value :'
  • The Display Type radio buttons
  • The check box for Auto-Update

[Breakpoints]
  • Breakpoint Type radio buttons
  • The 'Enable' check box for 'Break only if...'
  • The Breakpoint ASM Data

[Disassembler]
  • The memory location under 'Assemble'

[About]
  • The dropdown for 'NEXT' speed

Not that it's that big of a deal (and up till now it hasn't occurred to me to mention it), but it would be nice to have fixed.

agrs700
Spanish wiird hacker
Hacker

Btw, the world will be mine soon *evil laugh*

agrs700@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 09:01:40 PM »

-  Wiird not freezing when the game has an error(i have too bad english) or itsn't the game booted via gecko os, on the caption of the window: WiiRd GUI - Offline

-  Have the poke box, and other stuff separated (or not, how user wants, dragable)

When doing a mulipoke to poke the old values of each code instead multipoking  the new address of the first code to all (I think this is understandable)

-  More compare types: Between, multiple,...

-  Multiple undo (user can adjust the number of undo)

-  More value types: last 2nd value, first value,...

-  Convert to floating tab above the convert to hex

-  Skins (useless but cool)

thanks anyway

Click here to level up my brawl card

Hacking status:(Pal)
- None
Link
that dev there

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 09:11:58 PM »

-  Wiird not freezing when the game has an error(i have too bad english) or itsn't the game booted via gecko os, on the caption of the window: WiiRd GUI - Offline

-  Have the poke box, and other stuff separated (or not, how user wants, dragable)

When doing a mulipoke to poke the old values of each code instead multipoking  the new address of the first code to all (I think this is understandable)

-  More compare types: Between, multiple,...

-  Multiple undo (user can adjust the number of undo)

-  More value types: last 2nd value, first value,...

-  Convert to floating tab above the convert to hex

-  Skins (useless but cool)

thanks anyway

While I guess I can do Kirby's stuff, you must realize, WiiRd GUI is not mine, I did the console. Thus I can do minor stuff in it.. your requests exceed mine..

Romaap
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 09:15:44 PM »

this thread turned into a suggestion thread?
Let me join ^^

Kenobi (sb else?) can you make an option so its possible to search for floating point values, and compare floating point values.
So when i search for 1, it will actually search for 3F800000.
and when i search for greater than, 3F800000 will be more than BF800000
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:18:49 PM by Romaap » Logged
Link
that dev there

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 10:11:54 PM »

Please check:

http://l0nk.org/WiiRdGUI.zip

• XP Manifest removed - thus it looks Win95 style again, however for no reason XP caused error with active theme service
  • clBlack changed to clWindowText

matt123337
Hacker

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 11:20:57 PM »

hey link, you know how cheat engine has a "same as first scan" scan thingy do you think that would be possible in wiird?
Link
that dev there

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 11:42:06 PM »

For God's sake let me repeat:

I did write WiiRd but not WiiRd GUI

Unfortunately WiiRd GUI has a very complicated source code which unfortunately is hardly readable for any external programmer as kenobi mainly programmed it to be continued by him.. I tried multiple itme but chances would be higher I rewrite the whole core rather than adding major stuff to WiiRd GUI.. the WiiRd GUI is by kenobi, NOT by me.. and on another note: it's his application and I do not want to drag it too far away from his plans..

These color change things or limiting memory areas are no core changes.. this is just some lines to change..

milw0rm

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 03:29:29 PM »

so... wiird is a debugger. that means you connect your usbgecko via usb->exi (ftdi) to your wii and can debug an executed .DOL/.ELF? hmm. thats great, but why i can't debug my executed .DOL via IDA Disassembler. is it possible. i heard of it somewhere...
Blaster99
PSP/Wii Cheat Hacker
Hacker

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 07:41:32 PM »

Hi,

i think i have found some bugs in WiiRd Gui 0.93:

- the size of the text-field in value-search is 10 chars and not 8 as it should be?
- if i do a first search the 'save search'-button is grayed out. after i changed the tab and back to search the button is clickable.
- if i search for pointers in the pointer tab without the option "allow negative offset", pointers with negative offset are sometimes still displayed but without the "-xxx" number after the adress. so these pointer will look like normal pointer without offset.
- on GCT Codes tab, you can give more than 1 Code the same name. if the codelist is saved and then loaded, some codelines are missing or not the same as before saving.
- if searching for values, there are some results in the 800027xx adress-range that seem to belong to geckoos? Is it not better to not show these adresses as it are no useful results?
- the "jump to selected adress"-doubleclick in memory viewer does not seem to work for 9xxxxxxx adresses?
- if i do a first dump on pointer-search tab in the 80 range and then do a in the 90 range, it will be dumped in the dump180.bin and not in dump190.bin
- the pointer searcher does not seem to search correctly if searching in 90-range for values in the 90-range. results are 80-range adresses that seem not to be accessable (81Dxxxxx, etc)

Featurerequest:
- it would be nice if there is a menu-option "memory viewer" in the memory tab to jump to the selected value in memory (like pointers).
- Range Search (like more than X but less than Y)
- TAB where you can insert pointercodes like [80187390]+184 and with one click all pointers in the list are checked if they are still valid (like DE000000 80008180 code) -> makes it easier to find pointer that are only valid during play
- Context-menu option where you can disable all codes with one click in wiird (like disable codes in context menu just for all enabled codes)
- Possibility to copy the selected codes in the gct-tab to clipboard
- Scripting

Is there the possibility that the sourcecode of WiiRd Gui will get public?

Bye
  Blaster99
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 09:02:30 PM by Blaster99 » Logged

If you like my codes, please click the thank you button !
ssbbdude
Hacker

degie_999@hotmail.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »

is there a chance of adding more bits? since it goes to be able to write 10 characters in why not have 40 bit or summin? i really dunno Tongue
Romaap
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 07:54:31 PM »

- the size of the text-field in value-search is 10 chars and not 8 as it should be?
this is probably so you can input a decimal value with 10 chars and then convert it to hex.

Featurerequest:
- it would be nice if there is a menu-option "memory viewer" in the memory tab to jump to the selected value in memory (like pointers).
you can already jump to the selected value by double-clicking the address

is there a chance of adding more bits? since it goes to be able to write 10 characters in why not have 40 bit or summin? i really dunno Tongue
wii games dont use values higher than 32bits as far as i know. (and BTW, the next thing after 32bits is 64bits and that would have 16characters)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:56:42 PM by Romaap » Logged
ssbbdude
Hacker

degie_999@hotmail.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 07:59:38 PM »

oh ok thnx romaap
Blaster99
PSP/Wii Cheat Hacker
Hacker

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 08:32:52 PM »

this is probably so you can input a decimal value with 10 chars and then convert it to hex.

you are right. i forgot that Smiley

Featurerequest:
you can already jump to the selected value by double-clicking the address

Nice, why didn't i know that. i poked and then copied the adress to get there all the time *lol*

Nevertheless, i updated my buglist with another one Wink

Bye
  Blaster99

If you like my codes, please click the thank you button !
Romaap
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 10:03:55 PM »

I got a request for WiiRDGUI:

an autosave for the gct codes.

sometimes my PC crashes while trying to search values and such, so it would be nice to have an autosave
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: