Codes
WiiRd forum
March 29, 2024, 01:16:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to initialize the wiimote extension with Gecko  (Read 1460 times)
Metallica

« on: February 12, 2009, 06:46:14 PM »

Good evening all,

First of all thanks a lot for the very powerful software.

I have a st00pid question ... I would like to initialize a wiimote extension by poking an address. Having a look on WiiBrew (hxxp://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiimote#Extension_Controllers), they say:
The New Way
The new way to initialize the extension is by writing 0x55 to 0x(4)A400F0, then writing 0x00 to 0x(4)A400FB. It works on all extensions, and makes the extension type bytes unencrypted. This means that you no longer have to decrypt the extension bytes using the transform listed above.

Can someone tell me which address I should use in the Gecko OS console (or in WiiRD) ?

Why   huh  ... You are curious but OK you deserved an answer  Tongue ... For the one that are used to play "Guitar Hero like games" (Guitar Hero III / Guitar Hero World Tour / Rock Band 1 & 2 / ACDC Live Tracks), you know that the GHWT drum works with RB2 but not with RB1 and nor with ACDC Live Tracks (and nor with any RB extension disk). This is ... how can I say  angry ... so I am playing with Gecko in order to try to make my GHWT drum set accepted by ACDC Live tracks disk ... It is may be just a dream, it is may be just a waste of time ... But who knows ?

Thanks in advance for your curiosity and help !

Metallica
hetoan2
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 01:49:11 AM »

i actually have no idea.

but you could rewrite it so that guitar hero drums would write the corresponding value to where the value is read by the game... if you know what i mean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: