Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 01:25:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Collective Topic for 'How to Use Gamecube AR on Wii' / GeckoOS Mod / Wiird etc  (Read 90947 times)
biolizard89
Hacker

passport.10.biolizard89@spamgourmet.com biolizard89 biolizard89
« Reply #270 on: March 20, 2011, 02:52:55 AM »

I'm sure the following question, to some of you, may be a quote-on-quote "Noob" question. I'm asking it anyway.

I'm new to the WiiRd forums, and came across some Gecko OS Gamecube Mod topics. This got me thinking: "Is there any working method, that allows you to launch, and apply codes, to a Gamecube Game through the Wii's Gecko OS Application?"

Hm. Applying codes to a Gamecube game, the same way you would a Wii game. Is it possible? Has it been done? If it has, it would be fantastic if someone could explain the method. Thanks!
Not through GeckoOS, but GeckoOS Mod will work.
Stoshu1234

« Reply #271 on: March 20, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »

Ah, alright. Thanks a ton! ^_^
Stoshu1234

« Reply #272 on: March 20, 2011, 02:55:03 PM »

I realize this reply is late:
Do you have it set to External? External is the only option that requires the GC.dol file, I believe. Internal just applies Ocarina codes from your SD Card.

Not sure what else to say, if that doesn't help. I'm running NTSC SAB2 through GeckoOSmod. On my end, it tells me that the codes have been found, and applied, but in-game, they aren't. It might just be the SAB2 Codes in general.
Stoshu1234

« Reply #273 on: March 20, 2011, 03:35:17 PM »

I've recently setup GeckoOS Mod, and have been attempting to apply Ocarina codes to SAB2 (NTSC). Upon launching the game, through GeckoOS Mod, it tells me, "SD Codes applied". However, the codes are not active in-game.
None of the codes I have seem to work in-game. All codes were found here: http://www.geckocodes.org/index.php?c=GSNE8P

I'm pretty sure I've got everything else setup correctly; No Hook Type (Yes, I've tried all hook types. None have worked.), recommended MIOS, Running with the 'internal' option, etc. Anyone else having the same problem? Anyone else SOLVED this problem?

~Full list of settings regarding Gamecube~

Gamecube Mode: Internal
Force video: Disc
Patch Video: No
GC Hook Type: None
GC Ocarina: Yes
GC Debugger: No
Storage Device: SD
Skip Updates: Yes
Region Free: No
Preloader Support: Yes

**EDIT: Now, I've run the codes through the converter, to be sure.  Still, nothin'. Didn't change a thing, really.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:16:18 PM by Stoshu1234 » Logged
biolizard89
Hacker

« Reply #274 on: March 21, 2011, 05:43:33 PM »

As Stoshu1234 said, you should have it on Internal mode.  External is not what you want if you're just trying to use Ocarina codes.
biolizard89
Hacker

« Reply #275 on: March 21, 2011, 05:50:59 PM »

I've recently setup GeckoOS Mod, and have been attempting to apply Ocarina codes to SAB2 (NTSC). Upon launching the game, through GeckoOS Mod, it tells me, "SD Codes applied". However, the codes are not active in-game.
None of the codes I have seem to work in-game. All codes were found here: http://www.geckocodes.org/index.php?c=GSNE8P

I'm pretty sure I've got everything else setup correctly; No Hook Type (Yes, I've tried all hook types. None have worked.), recommended MIOS, Running with the 'internal' option, etc. Anyone else having the same problem? Anyone else SOLVED this problem?

~Full list of settings regarding Gamecube~

Gamecube Mode: Internal
Force video: Disc
Patch Video: No
GC Hook Type: None
GC Ocarina: Yes
GC Debugger: No
Storage Device: SD
Skip Updates: Yes
Region Free: No
Preloader Support: Yes

**EDIT: Now, I've run the codes through the converter, to be sure.  Still, nothin'. Didn't change a thing, really.
Your setting of No Hook Type is definitely wrong; a hook is needed to get the code handler to execute during the game.  For Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (USA version), I had luck with the VI and Unknown1 hooks.  No idea why your codes aren't having an effect; maybe they're bad codes?  It's also possible (though unlikely) that this is a bug specific to GeckoOS Mod and doesn't affect Neogamma (which is what I'm using)... if you're able to try with Neogamma, let us know whether your results are any different.  (I can't link to Neogamma here due to the fact that it supports backup loading.)

Hope this helps.
Stoshu1234

« Reply #276 on: March 21, 2011, 09:04:48 PM »

Thanks! I appreciate the suggestions!

Anywho, I have tried em' all, and I think you might have been right in saying, They're bad codes. Even through Neogamma, the codes aren't applied. I've also tried different versions of GeckoOSMod. Still nothin'.  I'll continue to look around in an attempt to find a new solution.

Thanks again!
biolizard89
Hacker

« Reply #277 on: March 21, 2011, 09:20:13 PM »

Thanks! I appreciate the suggestions!

Anywho, I have tried em' all, and I think you might have been right in saying, They're bad codes. Even through Neogamma, the codes aren't applied. I've also tried different versions of GeckoOSMod. Still nothin'.  I'll continue to look around in an attempt to find a new solution.

Thanks again!
If you want a code that I've tested to work, try the SA2B code that comes with GeckoTunnel (see the USB Gecko dev subforum).  If it loads the code correctly, the Wii should crash right after it says Launching Game (because it's waiting for USB Gecko commands).  If the codes aren't being applied, the game will boot normally.  That should help figure out whether codes are being applied properly.

Good luck!
Dark Vangis

« Reply #278 on: May 21, 2011, 11:45:05 AM »

I have try both: Internal and Externeal
And all is the same : SD Codes found applying
But no Codes are in action.
How i can now cheating GC Games.

Mario 3D  Roll Eyes
biolizard89
Hacker

« Reply #279 on: May 21, 2011, 07:51:28 PM »

You have the cMIOS, correct?
LXGK13

« Reply #280 on: August 25, 2011, 05:07:48 AM »

This topic has been inactive for awhile so I hope someone responds. Not sure if its the right place to ask this. Anyway i really need with getting gecko os mod, cMIOS, and neogamma(not sure if you can post about that). Im trying to get ToS working with codes and i already have a gtc file in my codes folder but i still need help because its says it cant find the codes. I think i messed up somewhere with cMIOS but im not sure. My wii version is 4.3 if it matters and yes i already have homebrew. I been successful with brawl hacking but i really having trouble with this.

p.s. I am indeed very noobie when it comes to this so sorry.
goemon_guy
Hacker

« Reply #281 on: August 27, 2011, 04:58:06 PM »

This topic has been inactive for awhile so I hope someone responds. Not sure if its the right place to ask this. Anyway i really need with getting gecko os mod, cMIOS, and neogamma(not sure if you can post about that). Im trying to get ToS working with codes and i already have a gtc file in my codes folder but i still need help because its says it cant find the codes. I think i messed up somewhere with cMIOS but im not sure. My wii version is 4.3 if it matters and yes i already have homebrew. I been successful with brawl hacking but i really having trouble with this.

p.s. I am indeed very noobie when it comes to this so sorry.

First, reading this could be helpful.

Spoiler for Hiden:
*DISCLAIMER*
+If you by some chance brick your Wii during the installation process, you are the one at risk. No one at WiiRd Community shall be held responsible.
 Although the chances are low, there's always the possibility.
 You have been warned. Continue with caution!
+I, Goemon_guy am not the author of this application. I only wrote this guide. (And posted a... *small* compatibility list.)

This is a tutorial on how to make Gecko OS Mod work on your Wii.
You're going to need to download the packages to get it to work. The packages that you want to download are the ones that contain the Application for the HBC, and then the cMIOS installer. The Application runs off of a special cMIOS to load Gamecube games, so you're going to have to install it if you want to be able to load Gamecube games with cheats or even WiiRd.

So, once you have downloaded them, put them into the applications folder on the root of your SD Card. The folder that the HBC gets all of your apps from.
The folder layout should look like this.

SD:/apps/Gecko OS Mod/boot.dol
SD:/apps/Gecko OS Mod/meta.xml
SD:/apps/Gecko OS Mod/icon.png

What you will have to do next is install the cMIOS. Use the cMIOS installer included, and make sure to patch it for homebrew.
I would download the MIOS v4 straight from the NUS servers. To do so, you will have to hit right or left until you get to Download from NUS. In order to do this, you need a valid internet connection to your Wii.

Of course, you could easily also get the MIOS by using the NUS downloader to download it from the servers from your PC, or some other method. The wad that you obtain from 'this method' will have to be in on the root of the SD card.

Now then, install the cMIOS, and make sure you have the Patch for homebrew set to "yes" so that it will be compatible with Gecko OS Mod.

Return to the Homebrew Channel.

Now you're going to have to go and download something called the Trucha Bug Restorer. This is to restore the Trucha Bug to the IOS36. When you go to download it, get the most recent version. As of August 12th 2011, the latest version is 1.14. (DOWNLOAD)

With this Wii application, you can restore the Trucha Bug to IOS36.
Make sure all patches are applied when you are installing it. (There are four [4] in total!)

When it asks you where you want to install it, make it install it to IOS236. With it in that slot, you will be able to use the rebooter with the Gecko OS Mod.
(To verify whether this was done correctly or not, load Gecko OS Mod, it should say that IOS236 is loaded.)

OK, so now that that is over with, you can now load the Gecko OS Mod, and use the Gamecube cheats with it. With that said, go into the Gecko OS Mod from the Homebrew Channel or some method to load Homebrew.
You can go into options, and go to Ocarina/WiiRd settings, and enable Debugger and Cheats for both Wii and GC. Then, for the GC hook, set it to VI. That is the only hook that is even possible.

Now, you can use codes on your Gamecube games, and if you have a USB Gecko, you can use WiiRd on them!

Some games are simply incompatible at the moment. Some games will either not boot, not load codes properly, or even debug properly!
It is also worth noting that Gecko OS Mod is not capable, (and will most likely NEVER be capable,) of running backup games. (Burned, non-retail games.)
Support game developpers and buy their software!

DOWNLOAD LINKS
Gecko OS Mod 1.92
http://www.mediafire.com/?pf5vo5hks9of2em

cMIOS Installer 0.2
http://www.mediafire.com/?eyhkcutjhdz

Trucha Bug Restorer 1.14
http://www.mediafire.com/?xkp8oplvcal545f

If the steps you did to install Gecko OS Mod were similar, then that's probably not your problem.

Make sure the .GCT file is named correctly for the game.
In Tales of Symphonia's case, GQSEAF.gct should be the full filename.

-Currently hacking the following game(s):
Request a code via PM, if you wish.
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #282 on: August 27, 2011, 06:22:59 PM »

I would recommend against using Trucha Bug Restorer.  Last I knew, it requires downgrades and stuff.  Use Simple IOS Patcher instead.  http://www.wiihacks.com/homebrew/89927-simple-ios-patcher-v1-14-a.html

goemon_guy
Hacker

« Reply #283 on: August 27, 2011, 07:03:57 PM »

I would recommend against using Trucha Bug Restorer.  Last I knew, it requires downgrades and stuff.  Use Simple IOS Patcher instead.  http://www.wiihacks.com/homebrew/89927-simple-ios-patcher-v1-14-a.html

Does the Trucha Bug Restorer really need downgrading?
I remember it having to, but the last time I used it to prepare a second Wii for Gecko OS Mod, I didn't have to downgrade.
But the Simple IOS Patcher might be easier for others to patch their IOS36.

*Does the Simple IOS Patcher allow to install the patched IOS to IOS236?

-Currently hacking the following game(s):
Request a code via PM, if you wish.
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #284 on: August 27, 2011, 10:02:20 PM »

I'm not sure if it installs it to 236 or not.  But IOS36 is pretty safe to patch anyway if all you need is fakesign and ES_Identify.

TBR doesn't need a downgrade if an IOS with fakesign already exists.  Perhaps this second Wii was already patched.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
  Print  

Jump to: