Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 09:53:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Collective Topic for 'How to Use Gamecube AR on Wii' / GeckoOS Mod / Wiird etc  (Read 90955 times)
Link
that dev there

I hate everyone in this community. Except for you!

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2008, 04:19:58 PM »

I already tried the MIOS hack mentioned on http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Gamecube_Homebrew_Launcher

While it boots my Action Replay DOL fine and Gecko OS 1.06 Gamecube.. unfortunately it renders the DVD drive useless.. otherwise there would already be a tutorial for USB Gecko owners with unmodded Wiis.. but until no.. sorry, guys Sad

Hard ways to do it - all these ways require a USB Gecko so that you can cheat:
-use SD Media Launcher - it should still work on 3.3 (at least it works on my gf's Wii)
-boot Gecko OS with it

-use a new "Works on Wii" Action Replay - these also still work on my gf's Wii
-use its freeloader to boot an old AR
-use the SD Load code with it while having a bootable SD card in an SD Gecko or GC SD reader
-boot Gecko OS

-get yourself old MIOS and BC WADs
-install them with Waninkoko's WAD Manager (installing MIOS and BC is safe - the worst thing happening could be that your Wii doesn't boot GC copies if an installation fails)
-insert an old Action Replay
-use SD Load
-boot Gecko OS

These three ways are verified by me.. all of them work.. though I admit they are "hardcore".

Igglyboo
The Greatest
Hacker

The Greatest

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2008, 04:24:43 PM »

When i load geckoOS with a GC game it works fine, the WiiRD starts counting down(20s) but then the game starts at about 10s and the wiiRD doesnt dump the file and i cant use it with the game.
Whats wrong?

Link
that dev there

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2008, 07:32:17 AM »

You probably hit a multi-hook game.. in that case a master code would be needed.. it should work if you open WiiRd while being in the Gecko OS - select in WiiRd not to immediately run the game (start paused).. and check codejunkies.com or related for a (m) code.. do you happen to be able to name the game?

Igglyboo
The Greatest
Hacker

The Greatest

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2008, 06:50:14 PM »

I tried Sonic Battle Adventures 2 and PSO 1+2.

Igglyboo
The Greatest
Hacker

The Greatest

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2008, 07:01:58 PM »

When i start  WiiRD while GeckoOS has already loaded, the screen gets these big green lines and the game doesnt load, and i cant use the master code unless the game loads.

Link
that dev there

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 12:23:19 PM »

PSO 1+2 requires a complicated master code so it probably doesn't work because of that. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was succesfully tested by me, Gecko OS should be able to properly load it.. which way of starting homebrew do you use?

Igglyboo
The Greatest
Hacker

The Greatest

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 06:54:56 PM »

I am using the HBC, should i use the TP hack?

Excactly what happens, i turn on the wii and insert the GC disc, load the HBC and then EITHER load WiiRD first or GeckoOS first.
If I load geckoOS first the screen gets corrupted when i load WiiRD and green lines run down the screen.
If i load WiiRD first the game starts before WiiRD dumps and WiiRD gives me an Error.
Am i supposed to load the master code before I turn on gecko?
If so how do i load the code without dumping the game to WiiRD?

christian.remboldt

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 12:26:04 AM »

http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8716

This is a link to an app call GCBooter V 1.0 that allows region free GC booting without installing a modified MIOS. The discription says it will start GC games from WII mode.

My question is will the Wii version of GeckoOS load GC codes? I thought it might be possible to use the rebooter then run this app to start the gamecube game with the codes implemented. I might be way off base with this idea but I thought it was worth a shot.

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 12:34:03 AM »

As of right now, the Wii version of GeckoOS/Ocarina does not have support for GameCube cheats.  However, I believe that this was planned for a future release.
Link
that dev there

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2008, 01:53:51 PM »

support for it was thought about.. however, so far we do not know how to properly do it.. and that's where we stop..if we knew how.. then it would be there!

Link
that dev there

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2008, 01:55:42 PM »

Oh Shoot.. now I get it.. no WiiRd/Ocarina and everything related does not work in conjunction to Gecko OS Wii starting a Gamecube game.. during the switch into Gamecube mode Gecko OS completely loses the connection. You need to use SDLoad or related to use the Gamecube version of Gecko OS.. the Wii version of Gecko OS does not work together with Gamecube mode for cheating!

Igglyboo
The Greatest
Hacker

The Greatest

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2008, 06:54:04 PM »

Ah, ok.
TY very much link.

Rapfnny

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2008, 07:37:57 PM »

Actually, I got wiird to detect mario sunshine it did ask for the name but it detected GMSE01.
I rebooted with hooks btw. i don't know if that info wold help. another thing, i start up the game and i press a button on wiird and it doesnt work. Smiley by the way, where can i find decrypted codes? nevermind i found it on the forums Tongue
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 08:13:09 PM by Rapfnny » Logged
Rapfnny

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2008, 07:57:56 PM »

Oh Shoot.. now I get it.. no WiiRd/Ocarina and everything related does not work in conjunction to Gecko OS Wii starting a Gamecube game.. during the switch into Gamecube mode Gecko OS completely loses the connection. You need to use SDLoad or related to use the Gamecube version of Gecko OS.. the Wii version of Gecko OS does not work together with Gamecube mode for cheating!
where can i get the gc version of gecko os? Smiley
spunit262
Zebenies Space Pirate
Hacker

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2008, 12:04:54 AM »

http://www.usbgecko.com/files/gc106d.dol

Not active but may still sporadically make codes.
(ooo)
`´
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: