Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 11:41:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Collective Topic for 'How to Use Gamecube AR on Wii' / GeckoOS Mod / Wiird etc  (Read 90946 times)
wiiluver135

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 11:51:40 AM »

so let me get this straight, there it "currently" no way to use SD cards with Decrypted AR codes on it, that GeckoOS can read, but the derypted codes will be detected if I buy and install the USBGecko thing?
gentetsu
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 02:09:15 PM »

I have deleted this post because i just learned that GeckoOS 106F.01 W/ Ocarina + GC does not yet support any GC code handling yet.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 09:46:04 AM by gentetsu » Logged
wiiluver135

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 01:58:04 AM »

Quote from: gentetsu;10504
There is a way now - it is called Ocarina

http://www.usbgecko.com/files/geckoOS16f.zip

Try downloading that one - it comes with Gecko OS.

Once you got Gecko OS installed on Homebrew Channel save your decrypted codes onto an SD card and export to GCT.

Run the Ocarina application and Bob's your uncle.

By the way, it is best if you google specific instructions if i lost you somewhere in my explanation.

ok I basically did everything but I think I left something out, before I exported it says this: No Game ID Given! do you want to continue anyway? should I tongue sorry if this sounds a little n00bish
gentetsu
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 08:37:22 AM »

I have deleted this post because i just learned that GeckoOS 106F.01 W/ Ocarina + GC does not yet support any GC code handling yet.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 09:45:09 AM by gentetsu » Logged
mittsy08

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 01:03:50 AM »

I have gecko os and ocarina and hombrew channel. Heres what i did: Went to codejunkies and got a simple infinite rings cheat for sonic adventure 2 battle for gamecube. converted with gcncrypt. made txt file called sonic and put code in there. I have everything set up right in the txt file. export to gct, load up gecko os. launch game. 4 things say no by them. green screen. Then i play but i dont have cheat? what am i doing wrong
smk
Playtime's over StarFox!

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 01:44:13 AM »

You can't use GCN codes yet on Gecko OS + Ocarina, you need a USB Gecko for this I believe. The GCN support was for GCN imports, not codes. It'll be supported later though once we have ALL the bugs and kinks out of Gecko OS. So, for now, you'll have to wait or you'll have to buy a Gecko if you're too impatient.

Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this though.

Foxx
Disgruntled

FoxxOTG FoxxOTG
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »

Im pretty sure SMK is correct with this answer. As fas as I know, Gecko OS does not support Gamecube Cheats via Ocarina. You will need a USB Gecko to load cheats for Gamecube, or in Gamecube mode on the Wii.
sdbinwiiexe

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 01:06:57 AM »

I downloaded the AR-WiiRD Converter, QCH Edit 1.04 and the Decrypted GC code database.  How do I get the codes I see in QCH edit into a txt file that can be read by the WiiRD app in GeckoOS?  Does it have to be converted to a gct like ocarina?  The games I want to get codes for include the following (All USA):

007: NightFire
Enter the Matrix
FIFA Soccer 06
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Super Monkey Ball 2
The Simpsons: Hit and Run
Ths Sims: Bustin' Out
The Sims 2: Pets
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

Could someone please make a tutorial on how to get the codes (from the QCT) into a WiiRD text file?  Also, sometimes I'll put a code into the AR-WiiRD converter and it will output the exact same code, is this normal?  Can GeckoOS just use normal AR Codes without any conversion or is this not possible?  Also, do you have to use reboot or anything special with GC games, or just boot them like you would a wii game?  Do I need the Master (M) Code?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 02:01:57 AM by sdbinwiiexe » Logged
sdbinwiiexe

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 01:43:38 AM »

I think I might've gotten the hang of it.  I've finished the 007 Cheats and I've added the game ID/titles in for the other ones.  Here is a zip file with the WiiRD txt files I've compiled.  However, could someone still please answer my questions above.  I mostly used Ocarina but I want to know it GeckoOS can use txt files.  I exported my 007 to a gct and am about to test it with GeckoOS.  I'll post my results shortly.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 01:50:01 AM by sdbinwiiexe » Logged
sdbinwiiexe

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 02:00:27 AM »

Results: It can boot the GC Game but the game doesn't have the codes enabled.  I made sure to have the correct ID (GO7E)  I took the codes from the QCT and converted them with the AR to WiiRD Converter.  I then put that code into Ocarina with the game title and ID.  Then I exported it to GCT, put it in the codes dir of my SD, and booted the game with GeckoOS with Ocarina on.  Do I have to have the M code or something?

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 02:39:30 AM »

Just wondering, but are you trying to use GameCube cheats on GeckoOS/Ocarina?  If so, I don't believe that GameCube cheat support has been added yet.  At this time, I believe that you need a USB Gecko and a method to boot GameCube homebrew.
Link
that dev there

I hate everyone in this community. Except for you!

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 06:32:45 AM »

There is no support to use Gecko OS standard for Wii codes yet - Gecko OS is able to switch into Gamecube mode however it can't apply any codes. If you want to use cheat codes in GC mode, you'll need a USB Gecko and use a method to run Gamecube homebrew (e.g. SD Load, modchip, SD Media Launcher).

sdbinwiiexe

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 11:05:12 PM »

That sucks.  I thought that they added an AR engine to Ocarina to work with GC games.  I guess I was wrong.  Oh well. Also, why is there a AR to WiiRD converter if WiiRD codes can't work with GC Games?
Link
that dev there

I hate everyone in this community. Except for you!

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 11:26:45 PM »

Because WiiRd can use codes if a GC game was started using a method to run Gamecube homebrew. If you have no way to run Gamecube homebrew on your Wii/Gamecube or you do not have a USB Gecko.. then it's of no use. Gecko OS is incompatible with GC cheating!

James0x57
Database Admin
Leader
Legendary Member

Gamertag: James0x57

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2008, 03:06:58 PM »

And the hope is that we'll eventually be able to use GCN codes on Wii with WiiRD. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: