Codes
WiiRd forum
March 28, 2024, 01:51:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for new Wiird  (Read 13834 times)
Romaap
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2010, 07:36:10 PM »

GeDoN sounds cooler than GDN in my opinion...
Smiley
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2010, 07:39:12 PM »

Yeah, GDN doesn't seem as cool, but it's hard to type "Gecko dotNET" three or four times.  Smiley  Too many geckos, what is this a Geico commercial?  Gecko OS, USB Gecko, Gecko dotNET.

Maybe G.NET?  Or Gecko.NET?  I think the thing I don't like is the word "dot"...interferes with the flow too much.  But it's not my call to make, since the app is 99.9% Link's work.

beady

« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2010, 09:32:59 AM »

The max speed on usb is 1.5mb's right so video over that is imposible but what about over PATA? pata to sata is cheap and small nowdays and should be easy to mod, (for me) the PATA speeds are something like 16-33-66-100-133MB/s unless they limited the bus speed on the Mainboard (or even PATA to USB), would it work as a better connection to the PC if you could?
Though you would need one with a passthrough PATA back to the DVD drive with a switch (if you can get them) for people who use the drive...all for getting video streamed onto the PC of coarse...oh and playing backed up games in places that its still legal

Also one idea is making the memory dumping faster by using select memory ranges for that game for that level but that would require an online database or something connected to the client and people would probably have to upload their dumps unless you can get the client side to do 'IT' properly. Now 'IT' would be if you had 100 levels in a game and the "level 1" data is in the exact same place every time if the client software could scan that data (hacking it so all "stats/items etc remain the same"), upload it and compare it to all the other level dumps (getting rid of the changed data that is grouped together) it can in theory be eliminated from the search saving lots of time (possibly hours for many people), not to mention the junk memory with nothing in it.
Now in theory it's not always like that but after lots of practical use it seems to be like that (but I could be wrong) but even if it did work for only 20% of games becuase they are layed out as they are in the 100 level's example it would still save many hours for many people for 20% of games that exist, worst case is you can just do the inversion of everything that changes as the ranges to scan.

I don't have as much experience as some of you guys so these may be really stupid ideas that you've heard lots of times before but anyways...tell me whats what...thanks
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:35:53 AM by beady » Logged
giantpune
Hacker

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2010, 11:25:06 AM »

its been said many times that the bottleneck for the usb gecko speed isnt the usb port or drivers.  it is the speed of the gamecube memory card port.  the fastest ive seen with it is 660kBs but only with one app.  it could be faster than that, but not enough for any sort of video other than still images.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: