Codes
WiiRd forum
May 14, 2024, 08:32:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 52
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko dotNET Bugs and Requests  (Read 121005 times)
Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #480 on: June 30, 2011, 06:22:25 PM »

I support linkleguerier´s idea.
___

There are some supply at requests, bugs etc. now Cheesy
I messed a bit around and got some ideas, too (plus I made pictures to describe things better Afro)

Requests:
1.) Poking/Assembling on a RAM Dump makes permanent writes to it. They can not be reversed without poking back the original value (solution: only grey these options out, if a dump is loaded. Editing RAM Dumps is somehow pointless and a HEX Editor can do better anyways)

Spoiler for Hiden:

2.) Allow F2/XOR Calculator without a USB connection (and further tools, that may be added anytime soon since there´s some more space left on that tab)

Spoiler for Hiden:

3.) Add history log for RAM Dumps, to be able to load previous dumps again (they should still remain on the list of dumps to select below "USB Gecko" and "Open Dump...") See picture.

Spoiler for Hiden:

4.) Option to syncronisize mem. viewer/disassembler with a tick (on abouts tab?) if dumps are loaded (e.g. if you load a dump on the mem. viewer, it is not loaded on the disassembler. Ticking the option will then load the same dump for the disassembler automatically)

Bugs:
5.) Modified font size on the memory viewer does not save after closing the app. If you visit the disassembler once, the Mem. Viewer coincidentally has the right font size again. Why not right away? Huh?

Spoiler for Hiden:

6.) If you selected a Dump to load on Memory Viewer and press "Open Dump" again and cancel the selection, it will jump back to "USB gecko" source
7.) Fix "Geckodotnet doesn´t work anymore. The program doesn´t executed properly due to a problem. The program will be closed and you will be notified, if there´s a solution"
(app crashes very often due to this message, not instantly but at random times. Only if no USB Gecko is connected)

Spoiler for Hiden:

8.) It says "Dr.Pepper´s v3 Pointer Search" on Tools Tab but it´s actually v4

Error extentions:
- Clicking on Source "USB Gecko" on Mem. Viewer without having connected the USB Gecko nor loaded a dump, gives an error extension
9.) Rightclicking the "Disassembly" without having loaded contents gives an error extension
9.1.) Loading the "call stack" without a USB Connection gives an error extension

I attached my error log file.

EDIT:
Added numbers!

* Logs.rar (11.89 KB - downloaded 40 times.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:21:18 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...
http://bullywiihacks.com/

My youtube account with a lot of hacking videos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/BullyWiiPlaza

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #481 on: June 30, 2011, 06:53:51 PM »

1) Uh, yeah, poke/assemble on a dump should write to the dump, it kinda makes sense.  Besides, I do in fact assemble on RAM dumps.  A hex editor does not calculate branch offsets very well.  I make a copy of the original dump if I plan on making any edits.

2) F2 XOR calculator on RAM dumps is a good idea.

3) I've been thinking about multiple dump support (and moving "Open Dump..." to the bottom so you can scroll through with the arrow keys).  Busy with debugger patches and the extended code list.

4) I've been considering a synchronize option for memview/disasm, too.

5) Not sure why the font size doesn't get set.  There shouldn't be anything particular about the disassembly tab, it should happen when you come from any tab, unless you used a right-click context menu to change tabs.

6) It would be easiest to cancel to the dump if it exists, rather than canceling to whatever you were on before open dump

7) Not sure what's causing this.  The exception handling architecture is a bit messy. =(  At some point I may have to rewrite it.  I'll try to look at the logs to get some clues.

8) No, it uses Dr. Pepper's v3 search.  v4 is a GUI search, v3 is the command line search.

9) I think I found the right-click disasm one.  And without a USB Gecko source you'll have some problems.  Call Stack requires being at a breakpoint, for instance.

EDIT:

!!!  All your logs are in German.  =(

It looks like SecretDump was causing most of your issues.  It was supposed to be a "fast" dump, but I think it ended up causing instability so I tried to remove it.  Guess I missed one.

You also have what look to be random send errors.  Not sure why you're getting them.

Also, I've reworked the debugger patches so they don't use C2 codes, which may help improve stability.

EDIT2:

I see you were on the Watch list.  I would be careful with the Watch list.  It is another thing I want to re-work.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:01:39 PM by dcx2 » Logged

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #482 on: June 30, 2011, 08:37:41 PM »

1.) So, it´s still reasonable to keep? But it wouldn´t be bad to have a poke/assemble verification question (e.g. Are you sure to write the new value to the file?), only on RAM Dumps, obviously. At least in my opinion

3.) Thought that worked like this on an older built, maybe I´m wrong

5.) It´s probably ANY tab, I didn´t really paid attention there

6.) I already loaded a dump, pressed "open dump..." and canceled. The source jumped to "USB Gecko" instead of staying at loaded my RAM Dump.

9.) I knew that you need to be in a breakpoint, but I just went for bug tracing by perfoming non-intended actions... tongue

There´s no big issue about the German on my logs since it´s still almost completely in English.
I can´t change my computer language to English, or maybe you know how?

Anyways... I just translate one for you.
There you can see what these words mean here.
It´s the same for every log I posted.

Spoiler for Hiden:
09.06.2011 20:59:45: Opened log
20:59:45: Exception occured!
Exception: FTDIUSBGecko.EUSBGeckoException
FTDIReadDataError
Message: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "FTDIUSBGecko.EUSBGeckoException" wurde ausgelöst.
             An exception of the type "FTDIUSBGecko.EUSBGeckoException" occured.
Stack Trace:
   bei at FTDIUSBGecko.USBGecko.sendfail(EUSBErrorCode error)
   bei at FTDIUSBGecko.USBGecko.SecretDump(Dump memdump)
   bei at FTDIUSBGecko.USBGecko.Dump(UInt32 startdump, UInt32 enddump, Stream saveStream)
   bei at FTDIUSBGecko.USBGecko.peek(UInt32 address)
   bei at GeckoApp.MainForm.memViewAddGCTCode_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Inner Exception:
21:21:21: Exception occured!
Exception: FTDIUSBGecko.EUSBGeckoException
FTDIReadDataError

@Edit2:
It didn´t only crash on the watch list, it is a kind of random crash that could (and did) occur on some other tabs aswell.
This error never pops up, if a USB Gecko is connected though.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:43:48 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
Arudo
Crazier-than-thou

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ щ(゚Д゚щ)

« Reply #483 on: June 30, 2011, 11:57:22 PM »

I'm not sure if this is a normal issue or not:

But in regards to the GCT codes tab, after I input all the codes I want to use, hit store immediately/save codes etc, I've noticed that geckodotnet still gives me the 'The Code list has changed, store code list? Yes/No' dialog box whenever I close it.

-Crazy Hacker Hates You All (definitely)-

ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Do NOT PM me about Code Requests

Pro-tip: Hit the Applaud Button

Oh? Failed to read the rules? You're already dead.
Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #484 on: July 02, 2011, 02:05:44 PM »

0.65.6 had a pretty bad bug, please get .7
WTF, The new built instantly freezes the game OR dumps data all the time (flashing progress bar).
That´s really bad... Embarrassed
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:12:18 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #485 on: July 02, 2011, 02:16:29 PM »

er....what?  It didn't crash for me.  I've tried Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and a Gamecube game (Tales of Symphonia).  With SMG1/2, I was testing the Extended Codes List.  I both loaded the Allocator via SD cheats *and* I loaded it using pause-start.  I was also testing GCT Code Undo with a mixture of things.  I'm also hacking Tales *right now*.

Remember to use 1.9.3.1 handlers.  If you're not using Gecko OS, I dunno what version it has, and it might break non-1.9.3.1 handlers.

The bug was a problem in turning strings into numbers.  i.e. the "letters" 80000000 into the number 0x80000000.  To make it more robust, I tried removing everything that wasn't a hex digit, but the bug was that I removed lower-case hex digits.  (my regex was [^A-F0-9] and it should have been [^A-Fa-f0-9])  So .7 fixed that.

EDIT:

What game?  I'll try to connect to a few more to see if I get this problem.

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #486 on: July 02, 2011, 02:31:06 PM »

What game?  I'll try to connect to a few more to see if I get this problem.
goldeneye (crashed on gdn connection)
conduit2 (gdn always dumped something for no reason...)
idk about others.

none of these problems occured on 0.64.5 Huh?

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #487 on: July 02, 2011, 03:33:08 PM »

Do you have the debugger patches enabled?  They're required now.  If you don't use them the game will crash.

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #488 on: July 02, 2011, 05:26:38 PM »

Do you have the debugger patches enabled?  They're required now.  If you don't use them the game will crash.
how do I use these again?
It would be better to avoid a crash at all circumstances Undecided

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #489 on: July 02, 2011, 07:08:53 PM »

Give me a break, I was working on making it seamless to use the extended codes list.  I also forewarned that non-1.9.3.1 handlers won't work.  When there are large fundamental changes to the app, it's expected that it will hiccup a few times.  The next version will have better support for other handlers.

If extended codes doesn't matter to you, use an old version.  And I have to admit, your two examples that crashed are not games that I care about people being able to hack.

To make sure the patches are applied, go to the About tab.

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #490 on: July 02, 2011, 07:22:09 PM »

If extended codes doesn't matter to you, use an old version.  And I have to admit, your two examples that crashed are not games that I care about people being able to hack. To make sure the patches are applied, go to the About tab.
it´s any game that is affect btw.
I wasn´t using 1.9.3.1 though.

Conduit2: 1.9.3.2. (laggy progress bar)
Goldeneye: older than 1.9.3.1.  (instant freeze)

and thx for the infos, older builts will do a good job on these aswell.
Extended codeslist is interesting for brawl and smg2.
Get your break Wink
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 07:25:23 PM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #491 on: July 02, 2011, 07:24:58 PM »

Try with 1.9.3.1.  Make sure About box Debugger patches are enabled.

Just for you, the next rev will throw up a message box when it can't apply patches so you know about the failure, and I will force debugger patches to always be applied.

Patedj
Hacker

« Reply #492 on: July 06, 2011, 08:48:41 AM »

Does this mean that .net will only be working with gecko Os from now on? In other words, everyone that uses backed up games on external hard drives will not be able to use the homebrew apps such as neogamma, and the usb loaders with .net?

You can pm me, I've got time for your troubles.
Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #493 on: July 06, 2011, 11:09:49 AM »

Does this mean that .net will only be working with gecko Os from now on? In other words, everyone that uses backed up games on external hard drives will not be able to use the homebrew apps such as neogamma, and the usb loaders with .net?
yeah, the newest version 0.65.7 does freeze on any backup launcher, because they use an older codeshandler than 1.9.3.1.
It obviously freezes on gecko os mod and on any older gecko os.
It´s made for gecko os 1.9.3.1 ONLY for now, if you use the app with gecko 1.9.3.2. you´ll notice a glitchy progress bar on geckodotnet.

Please give us an option to apply the extended codeslist patches or not, dcx2 Cheesy
As you said before, a window at connection with the game should ask the user to apply the patch or not.
If it would freeze the game ("older codeshandler") throw an error message instead of freezing the game.

Another bug I found:

- If you input some ASCII text into the memory viewer search box and press enter, the search does not start.
Instead, it clears the window.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:14:37 AM by Bully@Wiiplaza » Logged

My Wii hacking site...

~Bully
dcx2
Computer Engineer
Legendary Member

« Reply #494 on: July 06, 2011, 01:23:09 PM »

I don't provide support for backup launchers.  However, if they use the 1.9.3.1 code handler, then they will work.

I use NeoGamma to play my retail GameCube discs because it has 1.9.3.1 code handler.  Gecko OS Mod doesn't support F2/F6 codes. =(

The extended code list patch is not what's causing other code handlers to fail.  .7 was designed ONLY for 1.9.3.1; I never tested it with anyone else, it was not meant to be used with anything else, and and the glitchy progress bar is .7 trying and failing repeatedly to patch the debugger.

A new version will support 1.9.3.2.  I looked into supporting older code handlers, but WiiPower says he's working on a Gecko OS Mod update so I probably won't.

BTW, resize your Gecko.NET.  It isn't cleared, you just created a new line in the multi-line textbox.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: