Codes
WiiRd forum
May 17, 2024, 08:23:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for new Wiird  (Read 13976 times)
TNTkryzt
Hacker

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 04:36:19 PM »

Suggestions/bug fixes:
1#.
In the memory viewer, you're able to double click on a MEM1 address and it'll take you to the MEM1 address, this doesn't work for MEM2 addresses.
2#.
When adding MEM2 addresses to the viewer from the code search result window, it doesn't update the viewer MEM# base box, it'll stay on MEM1.
This is an inconvenience because if you then attempt to scroll down, the viewer will jump to the MEM1 area instead of MEM2.
This also affects the text search.
3#.
After adding an instruction via the Assembler, could we have the next instruction line selected automatically, just like Ollydbg.
In fact if you have OllyDBG then pretty much any option it has that WiiRD is missing would be a great addition.

Also, could we have a separate float converter button or add the "paste" option when right clicking the 'search value' box.
REDSOXROX
Sum Miles Christi
Hacker

RSR

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2009, 06:26:45 PM »

Suggestions/bug fixes:
1#.
In the memory viewer, you're able to double click on a MEM1 address and it'll take you to the MEM1 address, this doesn't work for MEM2 addresses.
2#.
When adding MEM2 addresses to the viewer from the code search result window, it doesn't update the viewer MEM# base box, it'll stay on MEM1.
This is an inconvenience because if you then attempt to scroll down, the viewer will jump to the MEM1 area instead of MEM2.
This also affects the text search.
3#.
After adding an instruction via the Assembler, could we have the next instruction line selected automatically, just like Ollydbg.
In fact if you have OllyDBG then pretty much any option it has that WiiRD is missing would be a great addition.

Also, could we have a separate float converter button or add the "paste" option when right clicking the 'search value' box.

Hi TNTkryzt, you probably know this, but you can still use ctrl+v keyboard shortcut

However, a right click option would be nice :]

Red Sox vs. Yankees 4/4/2k10 Season Opener
Red Sox: 9 Yankees: 7 Final!
Romaap
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2009, 07:09:02 PM »

being able to press play/pause/next while in the memory viewer
TNTkryzt
Hacker

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2009, 02:36:57 AM »

Hi TNTkryzt, you probably know this, but you can still use ctrl+v keyboard shortcut

However, a right click option would be nice :]
Yeah I know, I'm just lazy.. tongue it's a hassle to have to change to keyboard shortcuts when the app is mostly mouse orientated.
hetoan2
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2009, 02:55:35 AM »

jassim don't post what other people said in the same thread -.-

@TNTkryzt I like to lean on one of my arms and keep the other on the mouse so I can relate...

I'd also like to see a regular sized Taskbar and stuff. It's kindof annoying having it with the little small x and bar at the top and HUGE buttons on the inside.

Also a sexier interface would be nice Cheesy

more colors and pictures in background of geckos or something... i don't know...

Actually, PUT A HYPNOTOAD!

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
REDSOXROX
Sum Miles Christi
Hacker

RSR

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2009, 04:15:53 PM »

jassim don't post what other people said in the same thread -.-

@TNTkryzt I like to lean on one of my arms and keep the other on the mouse so I can relate...

I'd also like to see a regular sized Taskbar and stuff. It's kindof annoying having it with the little small x and bar at the top and HUGE buttons on the inside.

Also a sexier interface would be nice Cheesy

more colors and pictures in background of geckos or something... i don't know...

Actually, PUT A HYPNOTOAD!

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

The Pirate Song as backround music ^^

hetoan2
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2009, 07:10:01 PM »

he can't, it's copyrighted.

along with hypnotoad :|

he would have wanted it this way Sad
Jassim
WiiRD Legend
Hacker

i came up with "legendary member" :)

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2009, 07:55:26 PM »

-Ability to re-order code searches (e.g highest values on top)
-auto convert dec-hex upon clicking start search (option to turn that off and on)
-can switch tabs even when usbgecko isnt connected, why?because sometimes my game jams and i wanna go to the code search tab to save my search.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 07:59:00 PM by Jassim » Logged

do NOT pm me to request a code or if you have any problems with my code.

Romaap
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2009, 08:15:59 PM »

-Ability to re-order code searches (e.g highest values on top)
i'm told that this is not possible.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:53:03 AM by Romaap » Logged
Igglyboo
The Greatest
Hacker

The Greatest

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2009, 12:42:29 AM »

its not possible because he is not loading the search into ram

REDSOXROX
Sum Miles Christi
Hacker

RSR

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2009, 08:15:45 PM »

Custom Backrounds to go with Gecko 2.0 ^.^

groudyogre
Hacker

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2009, 09:21:11 PM »

Definately being able to import codes into the gct tab from a .txt or .gct file would be very useful. Either that or being able to convert a GCT/TXT file into a wgc file that you can just paste into /codes and load.
salva23

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 07:33:39 PM »

To make it easier for people like me just getting started. Would it be possible to make it so that once you have found an address and you poke the address with a value it and it does show a change? Make it so that when you export a code that it already makes the code according to what method was used to search for the code and according to the location where the code was found?

For example instead of just exporting the base address 8xxxxxxx or 81xxxxxx, make it so that it automatically changes the first two characters for you to what the code should be?

I know this is for newbs like me but in other programs I have used in the past to cheat on windows games and in emulators. Basically once you have found a code basically that is the address and all you do is change a value or freeze it and that is your code for use within the program. That just seems so much easier for finding codes, I do find that having to look up the table to find out what my code should look like seems a little complicated. I have only had the USBGecko for 1 day and I spent hours trying to find some codes and well now I have read a lot about what the different codes should look like I kind of understand why some codes start with 04 and some with 00 and some with 02 etc... But if the program would do this for you it would be much user friendly.

I understand that this would not be possible with all codes but it would help. I have yet to make a working code that has a O.P and I guess that's why some infinite energy codes where not working for me because I need a O.P to work with the code. I wish there were more video tutorials out there with different games, other than Mario Galaxy. Some for Wiiware games would be nice.
HaXXeR
Hacker

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2009, 11:29:33 AM »

Real-time memory watch in the "search" tab. It'd be nice when you have less than ten results instead of having to do another search.

Though you should have to put an upper limit to how many adresses to watch. 5243 results might slow the game down a bit.  rolleyes
salva23

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2009, 06:21:29 AM »

Real-time memory watch in the "search" tab. It'd be nice when you have less than ten results instead of having to do another search.

Though you should have to put an upper limit to how many adresses to watch. 5243 results might slow the game down a bit.  rolleyes

That's actually a great idea. I was using Tsearch to find cheats for some PC games and I noticed that it has that and you can see what changed easy when you have few results.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: