Codes
WiiRd forum
May 18, 2024, 05:50:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using USB Gecko to Make/Use Codes for Gamecube  (Read 2498 times)
REDSOXROX
Sum Miles Christi
Hacker

RSR

« on: August 30, 2008, 03:36:40 PM »

Is it possible? I'm confused, but just got my Gecko.
I have a:
UNmodded Wii,
SD Card,
Gamecube,
USB Gecko,
GC Memory Cards

Is there any way to use it with GC Games with this?

Red Sox vs. Yankees 4/4/2k10 Season Opener
Red Sox: 9 Yankees: 7 Final!
hawkeye2777
Hacker

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 08:32:30 PM »

You'll need a way of booting Gamecube homebrew. Some of these ways include:

1.) SD Media Launcher (by Datel)
2.) Modchip
3.) Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II (NOT plus) along with a BBA and Cat5e Cable.
4.) Old Action Replay (GCN) + SD Gecko

Now, I recommend the SD Media Launcher. Options 3 and 4 are not only expensive to get; but can be a HUGE pain to find nowadays. I doubt you want to mod your Wii/Gamecube either.

The SDML (SD Media Launcher) will probably cost you around ~$30 USD (with shipping). It can be found on codejunkies. I assume you don't need a SD Card, so don't buy the bundle packages (they cost more). I got mine within a week of ordering it.

EDIT: SDML also works on Wiis with 3.2 and below firmwares. I'm unsure if it works on 3.3.

Currently "retired" from hacking codes.
REDSOXROX
Sum Miles Christi
Hacker

RSR

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 10:04:17 PM »

Quote from: hawkeye2777;8661

2.) Modchip
3.) Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II (NOT plus) along with a BBA and Cat5e Cable.

Now, I recommend the SD Media Launcher. Options 3 and 4 are not only expensive to get; but can be a HUGE pain to find nowadays. I doubt you want to mod your Wii/Gamecube either.

The SDML (SD Media Launcher) will probably cost you around ~$30 USD (with shipping). It can be found on codejunkies. I assume you don't need a SD Card, so don't buy the bundle packages (they cost more). I got mine within a week of ordering it.

EDIT: SDML also works on Wiis with 3.2 and below firmwares. I'm unsure if it works on 3.3.

Ok. Ah well.

Red Sox vs. Yankees 4/4/2k10 Season Opener
Red Sox: 9 Yankees: 7 Final!
Power Marshall
Are you Ready?
Hacker

Wii Hacker- Power...

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 10:45:28 PM »

That's hawkeye2777 from GSC... He helps a lot there and will probably here! Smiley

-Power Marshall

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZER!!!

Wanna level up my BrawlCard?
Click here!

Info:
Brawl FC: 4940-5114-6951 (pm me if you add me! Cheesy)
Wii #:
YouTube- youtube.com/pow
Link
that dev there

I hate everyone in this community. Except for you!

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 07:39:18 AM »

Quote from: hawkeye2777;8661

2.) Modchip

SDML works on my Wii.. however, friendly warning: my Wii is modified and it can also run the old Action Replays with certain modchip settings.. in base mode however the AR does not work, yet the SDML still works.

Power Marshall
Are you Ready?
Hacker

Wii Hacker- Power...

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 04:50:00 PM »

Oh, well at least the SDML still works... Smiley

-Power Marshall

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZER!!!

Click here!

Info:
Wii #:
YouTube- youtube.com/pow
Foxx
Disgruntled

FoxxOTG FoxxOTG
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 07:28:59 PM »

The 3.2 Wii Update blocks all Datel Gamecube products. The 3.3 Update blocks ALL Datel product support.

Do you want to hack codes on a native GC, or on a Wii in GC mode?

If you plan on using a native Gamecube, SD Media Launcher, or an older version of Action Replay (I have v1.14) and an SD Gecko Adapter can be used.

Edit: If the Gamecube Action Replay comes with this memory card thingie that holds the codelist, chances are its usable. The newer versions of GC AR do not have memory cards, and all the codes are on the disc, so you cant add new ones. (Datel are dicks like that. They did it so they could release their SDML and we couldnt use SD Load.)
hawkeye2777
Hacker

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 02:40:46 AM »

Quote from: Foxx;8871
The 3.2 Wii Update blocks all Datel Gamecube products. The 3.3 Update blocks ALL Datel product support.

Do you want to hack codes on a native GC, or on a Wii in GC mode?

If you plan on using a native Gamecube, SD Media Launcher, or an older version of Action Replay (I have v1.14) and an SD Gecko Adapter can be used.

Edit: If the Gamecube Action Replay comes with this memory card thingie that holds the codelist, chances are its usable. The newer versions of GC AR do not have memory cards, and all the codes are on the disc, so you cant add new ones. (Datel are dicks like that. They did it so they could release their SDML and we couldnt use SD Load.)
The SD Media Launcher does work on 3.2 firmwares, or at least 3.2U (which is what I have). My Wii is unmodded, btw.

If you don't have the older version of Gamecube Action Replay (1.14 and below), I would just buy the SDML. It's nearly impossible to find those older versions of AR nowadays.

Currently "retired" from hacking codes.
Power Marshall
Are you Ready?
Hacker

Wii Hacker- Power...

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 12:00:46 PM »

I have 3.3u and I don't really have any Datal products, (I had 5 ARs) thus I'm okay! Smiley

-Power Marshall

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZER!!!

Click here!

Info:
Wii #:
YouTube- youtube.com/pow
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: