Codes
WiiRd forum
May 18, 2024, 11:17:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko dotNET release thread (version 0.65 now!)  (Read 81415 times)
hetoan2
Legendary Member

I hack WiFi, but I don't cheat on WiFi ;)

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 10:58:40 PM »

Best Christmas gift ever!

Yup and nearly 12 months early Cheesy

On a side note, has this been changed at all since the last revision?

It keeps freezing if I leave it on my computer unattended for over an hour or so... It's kinda annoying Tongue

Check out my site with codes obviously...
http://hetoan2.com/

and youtube...
http://youtube.com/hetoan2
Mal1t1a
I love hacking. Programming as well.
Hacker

I <3 Hacking

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 12:28:19 AM »

re-direction post to bugs in WiiRd GUI and in Gecko Dotnet/Suggestions. Click Here.
or Here
or even Here
hi

Hacking is not always about ruining the game for others, its about making the game funner and seeing what is possible and what is not.
Zetta_X
Hacker

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 01:15:51 AM »

If our previous main tool was wiird and upcame the website wiird.l0nk.org,

Our new tool is gecko dotnet, is this going to be gecko.net???!?!

/noob post

Fun stuff
memorris
Hacker

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 01:50:56 AM »

/noob post

Fun stuff

I was thinking the same lol
not a noob post Smiley

Thank you Link for gecko dotnet Smiley
I have a game which wiird froze on gecko dotnet works perfectley.
Thank you Smiley
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 01:55:01 AM by memorris » Logged
wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 05:09:08 AM »

/noob post

Fun stuff

WiiRD is still better IMO
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 05:11:51 AM by wiiztec » Logged

If there's any code at all that you want to be button activated, or even able to toggle on & off, and I have the game, just PM me and I'll make it happen
Mal1t1a
Hacker

I <3 Hacking

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 06:27:09 AM »

/noob post

Fun stuff

Same here, if It didn't crash as much for me.  huh

Hacking is not always about ruining the game for others, its about making the game funner and seeing what is possible and what is not.
Panda On Smack
Hacker

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 05:53:56 PM »

Link has put a lot of effort into this so while that may be your opinion I don't think we need to start expressing what we prefer in this thread.
wiiztec
Lazy hacking machine
Hacker

TimmyKitty7124
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 06:14:46 PM »

I felt I needed to say something when somebody was talking about changing the identity of the site because Gecko.net was now the "main tool" when a lot of people still use WiiRD

If there's any code at all that you want to be button activated, or even able to toggle on & off, and I have the game, just PM me and I'll make it happen
Mal1t1a
Hacker

I <3 Hacking

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 06:30:20 PM »

I wonder if I should buy Gecko.net and just re-direct to this website. SmileyCheesyhuh

Link
that dev there

I hate everyone in this community. Except for you!

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2010, 04:04:44 PM »

There are quite a few bugs for me.. basically Gecko dotNET was my decision of writing as on all my 3 PCs I have here (Netbook, Desktop and Media Center) I switched to Windows 7 64 bit (except Netbook which has 32 bit).. while on the Netbook WiiRd still runs quite fine on my Media Center and my Desktop with 64 bit Windows.. it randomly crashes every 5 minutes..

For the crashing of Gecko dotNET - I have no real idea on my stations it ran quite stable however as mentioned: I do not have any XP machines anymore, I switched completely from XP to 7 so I wouldn't doubt if problems occur on XP. Basically I really would like to continue but right now.. well, my time table has been a little mean to me (work, work, work).. and no enhancements in sight (see my current forum activity it is close to 0). Even in the winter vacancies where I expected to find some time, I was overly busy Sad

For the 1 hour lock-up hetoan mentioned.. I admit I never left it running such a long time.. it's a little strange that this happens because unlike WiiRd when you leave it unattended Gecko dotNET shouldn't send or receive anything from the Wii except given the fact you're in the watchlist tab - so: do you use it in the Watchlist - what happens if you disconnect it from the Wii and then leave it unattended (really: WiiRd GUI has 6 timers which randomly receive and send data, Gecko dotNET has none it should not do anything without your command - maybe .NET is acting up)? I will look into it though (I'll just put it on my netbook and leave it running there - my netbook is weak as hell when it comes to PC power it should lock up quickly enough on that one).

I really, really hope to find some time to work on this again.. right now I have work off again (I work 4 week shifts and then I have 2 weeks of job school) - I have school beginning on Monday and school admittedly has been a lot fairer when it comes to my time table (work begins at 6 to 7 AM in the morning and I am free to leave between 3 and 4 PM - yes I work on early shifts! - school: 8 to 9 AM to 1 or 3 PM depending on lessons) - with one difference: school has some homework and exams but well.. things shouldn't be too hard!

Additionally I plan to document the code more which is one of my priorities.. as planned, gecko dotNET will be open-source and GPLed so any enhancements by other developers are CLEARLY welcome (what does GPL say: you may modify my code to any extent as long as you also release the source code - and yes for closed-source modifications I will react with anger!).

Mal1t1a
Hacker

I <3 Hacking

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 04:32:37 PM »

For the WiiRd GUI, did it ever lock-up on you? I'm running Windows 7 32 bit, and the WiiRd GUI is what locks up all the time. I'm always using gecko dotNet, and it hasn't locked up on me yet. I think I have left it running for more than one hour. Also, the only bugs I have found I have made a topic. Click Here. Other than that, there isn't really anything wrong with it. If you coded it in Windows 7, then it could be the .Net Framework (mabye).

Romaap
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 05:28:45 PM »

I had nothing to do so I made an fix for your first request, so if Link adds this to Gecko.NET you should have a next button when the game is paused. (or if Link has a better solution, that would be even better Tongue )
Code:
        private void PGame_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)  
        {
            if (gecko.status() == WiiStatus.Running)
            {
                gecko.Pause();
                PGame.Text = "Next";
            }
            else
            {
                gecko.Resume();
                nextTimer.Interval = 100;  //user specified?
                nextTimer.Enabled = true;
            }
        }

private void RGame_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            gecko.Resume();
            PGame.Text = "Pause game";
            nextTimer.Enabled = false;
        }

private void nextTimer_Tick(object sender, EventArgs e)  //Add a timer to the MainForm called nextTimer
        {
            gecko.Pause();
            nextTimer.Enabled = false;
        }

This should have the same result as the next button in WiiRD

BTW I just tried opening the FST of Wario Ware Smooth Moves in Gecko.NET and it froze (game froze and Gecko.NET staid at 0%), then I tried it in WiiRD and it worked, then in Gecko.NET again and it froze again.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 06:03:31 PM by Romaap » Logged
Link
that dev there

I hate everyone in this community. Except for you!

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 05:59:03 PM »

For the WiiRd GUI, did it ever lock-up on you? I'm running Windows 7 32 bit, and the WiiRd GUI is what locks up all the time. I'm always using gecko dotNet, and it hasn't locked up on me yet. I think I have left it running for more than one hour. Also, the only bugs I have found I have made a topic. Click Here. Other than that, there isn't really anything wrong with it. If you coded it in Windows 7, then it could be the .Net Framework (mabye).

WiiRd GUI certainly locks up all the time on Vista and 7.. WiiRd GUI is based on GCNrd GUI which was written with Windows 98 in mind back in 2001.. and well.. WiiRd originally was even developed in Delphi 6 but the Delphi 6 compiles just completely didn't work on Vista x64 (I assume they wouldn't work on 7 x64 either).. thus the code was ported to Delphi 2006 which compiles and runs fine on Windows Vista x64 - however, the core is the same and it's still like 85% old GCNrd code and 15% WiiRd code.. the result is well.. instable on modern Vista and 7 platforms.. it's sad but yeah.. I would port the code properly however kenobi's code is more or less unreadable to me.. so I can only do very minor changes here and there but most of the suggestions for WiiRd - I'd simply be unable to perform them (believe me, I'd happily do!).

Gecko dotNET is a rewrite.. no code from the original WiiRd has been taken.. it is developed on Windows 7.. as Windows 7 and Windows Vista are very much alike I doubt Gecko dotNET will show any malfunctions on Vista.. as it is compiled against .NET 2.0 it should theoretically be backwards compatible until Windows 98 however, it was not tested on Win98 (I started it once and saw that it kinda works)! As it compiles against Mono on Linux I am happy but Linux users should accept that Linux is no real priority.. I do some compile checks here and there but year.. stable Linux ports will only come if the Windows version is finished and stable.. and I repeat: the Windows version was developed with Windows Vista and 7 in priority.. I did test it on Windows 2000 and XP.. it should run on them fine.. Windows 98 and ME work but they are certainly completely unsupported so if you use them.. please please switch!

Mal1t1a
Hacker

I <3 Hacking

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 06:17:29 PM »

**insert stuff here**

Is that C#? If it is, I think I'm switching from VB to C#. I would gladly help develop Gecko dotNet.

**Insert more stuff here**

If you were to write it completely for Windows 7/Vista, and just drop the support for everything else (this is just theory), would you be able to increase Search Speeds, and make it alot better than WiiRd GUI?

Romaap
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 07:05:40 PM »

**insert stuff here**

Is that C#? If it is, I think I'm switching from VB to C#. I would gladly help develop Gecko dotNet.

Yup, Gecko.NET is written in C#
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: