Codes
WiiRd forum
May 18, 2024, 08:13:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ISO editor for wii games?  (Read 6599 times)
GamerXYZ

« on: January 04, 2011, 10:14:35 PM »

I'm trying to make an edit to an ISO of the game "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Transer". In it, there's a file that's the in-game banlist, which I'd like to edit to remove limitations (I know it will likely not work for online, but I play single player only anyway). However, I can't find a way to edit the ISO. I tried Daemon Tools and then using Explore, but that only makes Window complain. I tried Magic ISO but according to that it's not an ISO... Is there a program that can edit wii ISOs?
Link
that dev there

I hate everyone in this community. Except for you!

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 08:03:28 AM »

There are some ways to do so.. if you want to edit the actual ISO you can use Trucha signer. Notice though, that editing a single file will invalidate the signatures of the ISO and thus you'd need major modifications done to your Wii - downgrading IOS files and whatever - to play the game. A more elegant way would be to use Riivolution, which you can also use with your original disc (and only with it).

Riivolution can forward calls the game is doing to an SD card - so instead of opening the file from the disc, if will be forwarded to the SD card and open a harmless file there. That's a recommended way by me, it saves you from burning a disc or using backup loaders (unless your Wii is hardware modded).

Please note: no support on how to run a backup ISO, if you do not have an original, do not expect to get help here, Riivolution is the recommended way for what you plan to do!

Bully@Wiiplaza
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 12:00:52 PM »

Trucha Signer and Wii Scrubber are working ISO editing tools.
Btw. what´s the file with the banlist?
I´m also interested in it...

My Wii hacking site...
http://bullywiihacks.com/

My youtube account with a lot of hacking videos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/BullyWiiPlaza

~Bully
GamerXYZ

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 10:08:30 PM »

There are some ways to do so.. if you want to edit the actual ISO you can use Trucha signer. Notice though, that editing a single file will invalidate the signatures of the ISO and thus you'd need major modifications done to your Wii - downgrading IOS files and whatever - to play the game. A more elegant way would be to use Riivolution, which you can also use with your original disc (and only with it).

Riivolution can forward calls the game is doing to an SD card - so instead of opening the file from the disc, if will be forwarded to the SD card and open a harmless file there. That's a recommended way by me, it saves you from burning a disc or using backup loaders (unless your Wii is hardware modded).

Please note: no support on how to run a backup ISO, if you do not have an original, do not expect to get help here, Riivolution is the recommended way for what you plan to do!

Thank you, I'll give it a try Grin I'll use the safer Riivolution one, gotta get me an SD card first though, but I was planning on getting 1 anyway.

I'm not sure yet, but I found a file called "limit201003.bin"... which looks alot like "limit year 2010 3d month": March 2010 banlist! However, it'll likely take a few days until I can tell you if it's really true, depending on when I have an SD card.

According to what I used to find this file, it's in Disc -> Partition 1 -> Duel -> Engine -> Bin16. Don't know how Riivolution or Trucha Signer explore the disc/SD card, though.

Say, since we're talking about this anyway, could you take a look at Disc -> Partition 1 -> Duel -> Engine -> Deck? It stores all decks, which is more than the amount of recipes I have. Perhaps you can do something with that for a cheat that really unlocks all: I'm still not sure if Skiller just created his cheat with my unlocked deck recipes, or if he really created an "all recipes" cheat (I didn't get a reply). Would be awesome if I could finally see ALL those deckfiles Grin (I know I can use Riivolution to swap deck files around, but I don't know which are the ones I don't have, of course).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:42:06 PM by GamerXYZ » Logged
hetoan2
Legendary Member

I hack WiFi, but I don't cheat on WiFi ;)

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 02:13:16 AM »

Call of Duty != every other game on the wii Wink

Check out my site with codes obviously...
http://hetoan2.com/

and youtube...
http://youtube.com/hetoan2
GamerXYZ

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 07:34:53 PM »

I finally was able to try it out, and it worked Grin Thanks for the suggestions again.

Seems it (the actual editing) was easier than I thought. It was indeed the right file, and although I expected it had some essential lines that had to be kept in the file for the game to still work properly (which I'd find out by trial and error), just clearing the file did all I needed (so could've as well taken an empty .txt file, rename it including extension and use that). Guess I was thinking too much about PC games where when a file doesn't have what it's required to have crashes the game. Well, only good for me of course Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: