Codes
WiiRd forum
May 19, 2024, 01:16:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't use gamecube cheats?  (Read 2252 times)
Devin2229

« on: May 23, 2012, 09:51:12 PM »

With NeoGamma loader. No matter what I do, it always says "No USB Codes Found" (I'm using a USB stick by the way).
I don't understand. I have the codes in the right place! I've tried different games, different hooks... I've done this with wii games ALL THE TIME. But this won't work AT ALL.

I do this:

(Use Code Manager to create and export a .gct file to X:/codes. I've also tried X:/NeoGamma/Codes and X:/apps/NeoGamma/Codes.)

What am I doing wrong??! Ugh.

Sorry for the frustration, I'd spent literally 3 hours trying to get this to work for my brother and nothing's working...
goemon_guy
Hacker

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 08:08:11 PM »

Are you using the latest revision of NeoGamma?

Are you setting the GC hook? What are you setting the GC hook to if so? Enabling ocarina cheats? Have you installed the compatible cMIOS?
Codes are supposed to go in SD/USB:/codes iirc. It would seem you already did that.

I'd like to ask you if you can try it with an SD Card.

-Currently hacking the following game(s):
Request a code via PM, if you wish.
Devin2229

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 10:27:33 PM »

Thank you for your reply :]

-I'm using the latest revision of the app
-I've tried each and every hook
-I did enable the Ocarina cheats, which I got from Geckocodes.org - I used the Code Manager windows app to add the codes and create the GCT files
-I did install the cMIOS on IOS36 as stated in a guide I read - Gamecube loading works
-I know the IDs are correct, I placed them in said areas as well as the origional "USB:/codes/"

And I hadn't yet, as I cannot find my SD card. DO you think that will work? :]

Thanks for your time!
goemon_guy
Hacker

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 11:44:51 PM »

If USB code loading isn't working, then that would be the next thing to try. (SD cheat loading).

Out of curiosity, when you select which drive to load codes from, (USB or SD) does it give the option to load from cIOS or anything? Do you have any cIOS' installed?
(Any cIOS' installed would be listed at the Home screen of Neogamma.)

-Currently hacking the following game(s):
Request a code via PM, if you wish.
Devin2229

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 12:30:58 AM »

Thanks so much for your help, friend!

And ehm, Well, I've seen ya know, "(SD with IOS36, USB with IOS36, SD with MIOS, SD with MIOS)" etc. I tried both /all the USB ones :/

Sidenote: Booted up NeoGamma. On the bottom, it says:

"NeoGamma R9 b56, cIOS57rev20 (249)"

I did install the cMIOS patch thing on IOS36, as the guide said and because of that the gamecube games worked via neogamma :]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: